Kansas Business Insurance
Information By County

Or call for your free quote:

Get the best KS small business insurance quotes online & info on cost, coverage, minimum requirements, certificates & more.

KS Counties Business Insurance Information

Kansas Business Insurance Information By County

Are you looking for business insurance information for a county in Kansas?

Business insurance requirements vary both by state, counties and cities and that state. For example - workers compensation is virtually required in every state, but there are different rules on what constitutes and employee, and how many employees are needed to mandate coverage.

Also Kansas counties, cities and municipalities might require specific coverages to do business in their jurisdiction. Below you will find every county in KS that you can use to start researching the business insurance policies, endorsements and limits that may be required.

Looking for Kansas business insurance information in a county? Find commercial insurance info - including costs, coverages and requirements - from all counties in KS.

Where Can I Find Business Insurance Information For Counties In Kansas?

Finding KS business insurance information by county is simple - just by searching our Kansas Directory of Counties - you can find the business insurance policy information you are looking for - including costs, coverages, minimum requirements and more.

Kansas Business Insurance Information Results By County:

Kansas - Small Business Insurance Information By County

How Are Kansas State, County And Municipal Governments Organized?


The entire area of the state of Kansas is encompassed by county governments, except for the Unified Government of Wyandotte County and Kansas City and the Unified Government of Greeley County. The county governing body is called the board of county commissioners.

The Unified Government of Wyandotte County and Kansas City is counted as a municipal government, rather than as a county government, in U.S. Census Bureau statistics on governments. The Unified Government of Greeley County is the result of the consolidation of Greeley County and the city of Tribune and is also counted as a municipal government, rather than a county government, in Census Bureau statistics.

Municipal Governments
All of the municipal governments in Kansas are designated as cities. Cities are divided by general law into the following size classes:
  • Cities of the first class-15,000 inhabitants or more.
  • Cities of the second class-2,000 to 14,999 inhabitants.
  • Cities of the third class-fewer than 2,000 inhabitants.

Cities of the second class may continue as such until they reach a population of 25,000, when they are required by law to become cities of the first class; similarly, cities of the third class may remain as such until they reach a population of 5,000.

A 1963 law, as amended in 2011, specifies a minimum population requirement of 250 or more inhabitants for incorporation or 250 platted lots each served by water and sewer lines owned by a nonprofit corporation. Also, a territory designated as a national landmark by the Congress of the United States may incorporate without meeting other requirements for incorporation.

Population in existing cities may fall below designated population minimums for their class designation without changing class. The Kansas Constitution allows cities the power of home rule. Cities of the third class exist within township areas, while cities of the first and second class exist outside the area of any township.

Township Governments

The entire areas of Kansas are covered by townships, except for areas where cities of the first class and second class exist. If a township government becomes inactive, its activities are assumed by the respective county government; the inactive townships are not counted as governments in Census Bureau statistics. All or only part of the townships within a county area may become inactive.

Find more information on the state of Kansas website.

Note: Some of this info was provided by the U.S. Department of Commerce, Economics and Statistics Administration and the U.S. Census Bureau.

How Do I Contact The Kansas Insurance Commissioner?

420 South West Ninth Street
Topeka, KS 66612-1678
Phone: (785) 296-3071

Web: https://insurance.kansas.gov/

Request a free County Kansas business insurance quote, or in these other KS counties: Allen, Anderson, Atchison, Barber, Barton, Bourbon, Brown, Butler, Chase, Chautauqua, Cherokee, Cheyenne, Clark, Clay, Cloud, Coffey, Comanche, Cowley, Crawford, Decatur, Dickinson, Doniphan, Douglas, Edwards, Elk, Ellis, Ellsworth, Finney, Ford, Franklin, Geary, Gove, Graham, Grant, Gray, Greeley, Greenwood, Hamilton, Harper, Harvey, Haskell, Hodgeman, Jackson, Jefferson, Jewell, Johnson, Kearny, Kingman, Kiowa, Labette, Lane, Leavenworth, Lincoln, Linn, Logan, Lyon, Marion, Marshall, McPherson, Meade, Miami, Mitchell, Montgomery, Morris, Morton, Nemaha, Neosho, Ness, Norton, Osage, Osborne, Ottawa, Pawnee, Phillips, Pottawatomie, Pratt, Rawlins, Reno, Republic, Rice, Riley, Rooks, Rush, Russell, Saline, Scott, Sedgwick, Seward, Shawnee, Sheridan, Sherman, Smith, Stafford, Stanton, Stevens, Sumner, Thomas, Trego, Wabaunsee, Wallace, Washington, Wichita, Wilson, Woodson and Wyandotte.

Or you can also request a free commercial insurance quote for KS cities: Abilene, Andover, Arkansas City, Atchison, Augusta, Baldwin City, Basehor, Baxter Springs, Bel Aire, Beloit, Bonner Springs, Burlington, Chanute, Clay Center, Coffeyville, Colby, Columbus, Concordia, De Soto, Derby, Dodge City, Edwardsville, El Dorado, Ellsworth, Emporia, Eudora, Fairway, Fort Riley, Fort Scott, Frontenac, Galena, Garden City, Gardner, Garnett, Girard, Goddard, Goodland, Great Bend, Hays, Haysville, Hesston, Hiawatha, Hillsboro, Holton, Hugoton, Hutchinson, Independence, Iola, Junction City, Kansas City, Kingman, Lansing, Larned, Lawrence, Leavenworth, Leawood, Lenexa, Liberal, Lindsborg, Louisburg, Lyons, Maize, Manhattan, Marysville, McPherson, Merriam, Mission, Mission Hills, Mulvane, Newton, Norton, Oaklawn-Sunview, Olathe, Osage City, Osawatomie, Ottawa, Overland Park, Paola, Park City, Parsons, Pittsburg, Prairie Village, Pratt, Roeland Park, Rose Hill, Russell, Sabetha, Salina, Scott City, Shawnee, Spring Hill, St. Marys, Tonganoxie, Topeka, Ulysses, Valley Center, Wamego, Wellington, Wichita, Winfield and all other KS cities & Kansas counties near me in The Sunflower State.

Also find KS local small businesses by General Liability Class Code and learn about Kansas small business insurance requirements for general liability, business property, commercial auto & workers compensation including KS business insurance costs. Call us (620) 205-2115.