USLI Reviews 2023 (Ratings, Complaints & Coverage). United States Liability Insurance (USLI) is an insurance provider and underwriter for small businesses. It was formerly known as United States Liability Insurance Company of Philadelphia and changed its name to United States Liability Insurance Company in May 1951. The company was founded in 1867 and is based in Wayne, Pennsylvania. Although it is wholly owned by the Berkshire Hathaway family of companies, USLI continues to sell insurance under this name.
If you are a business owner looking to buy liability insurance, read USLI reviews to learn about USLI's products.
Check out USLI reviews, ratings, complaints & coverage for general liability, errors & omissions and other small business insurance commercial policies.
Following are some of the answers to commonly asked USLI small business insurance questions:
- Does USLI Offer Business Insurance?
- What Types Of Commercial Insurance Does USLI Offer?
- How Much Does USLI's Small Business Insurance Cost?
- Are USLI's Commercial Insurance Reviews & Ratings Good?
Does USLI Offer Business Insurance?
Yes, USLI offers business insurance with a focus on small business commercial policies.
What Types Of Commercial Insurance Does USLI Offer?
USLI offers small business insurance policies including: General Liability, Commercial Property, Workers Compensation, Commercial Auto and others.
How Much Does USLI's Small Business Insurance Cost?
The average cost of USLI's commercial insurance policies ranges from $24 to over $79 per month, and is mainly based on your business's: Industry, Location, Gross Sales, Employees and/or Payroll, Policy Limits, Endorsements, Deductibles, Experience & Claims History.
USLI specializes in underwriting low premium, low hazard specialty insurance products. It supports its wide range of insurance products with financial strength and stability. USLI is committed to making a difference to customers through its well-designed insurance products. In addition to its innovative products, USLI provides marketing assistance to customers to help ensure their long-term success. The USLI reviews on the Internet are mainly positive.
Philosophy and Work Culture
USLI is committed to delivering value to clients through a member-centered, customer-driven philosophy. It accomplishes this through a dynamic system of member inputs and feedback that help set the strategic direction of the organization.
USLI works to create a work environment where employees know they are the #1 asset and work diligently towards achieving company goals. This clarity of purpose enables employees to focus on how their contribution works toward the ultimate goal to be the best insurance company at writing small premium accounts and the "go to" company for small businesses. USLI ratings are good from its employees.
USLI Business Insurance Products
USLI is known for writing small business insurance accounts, whose average premium is under $1,500. Its products are distributed through wholesale agents. They include:
Commercial Lines - USLI offers a diverse range of commercial lines business insurance products for more than 500 classes of businesses that include general and artisan contractors, child care services, janitorial services, pet care providers, bars and restaurants, 1-4 unit dwellings, and fitness centers. Some examples are:
- General Liability - They cover business organizations against claims for bodily injury, property damage and advertising liability arising out of their operations or use of their products.
- Professional Liability - Coverage for businesses in the event a client is harmed from a service or advice that they provide and for which they are legally liable. USLI ratings are strong here.
- Property Insurance - United States Liability Insurance also provides financial reimbursement in case your business structure and its contents are damaged or stolen.
- Hospitality & Liquor Lines - After writing liquor liability for the past 25 years, they continues to provide reliable coverage designed for small businesses in the hospitality industry, and for those seeking insurance for special events.
- Cyber Liability - At the core of the cyber policy is coverage for Data Breach and/or Privacy Liability. Beyond that, it's an a la carte menu of optional coverage modules. This means coverage can be tailored to fit the needs of just about any entity.
USLI Personal Insurance Products
Personal Lines United States Liability Insurance provides niche insurance products covering needs not typically met by common home or auto insurance policies. A few examples of these niches are home auto and umbrella insurance.
They have an impressive track record as a company dedicated to providing insurance products tailored to the needs of nonprofit organizations. USLI has been writing insurance for nonprofit entities for over 20 years and currently insures many nonprofit organizations. Directors and officers liability (D&O) is a area of solid USLI reviews. In addition to offering comprehensive coverages with unique features, USLI also makes available value-added resources to all of its policyholders through its Business Resource Center.
USLI has an A++ rating (Superior) from A.M. Best for its strong capitalization, underwriting discipline, outstanding long term profitability and its financial backing with Berkshire Hathaway. USLI also earned Insurance Business America's prestigious 5-Star Carrier rating for its excellence in eight categories, including reputation and financial stability, pricing, claims handling, product range, quoting turnaround times, underwriting expertise, technology and automation capabilities, marketing support, education and training opportunities and commitment to the agent distribution channel.
Are USLI's Commercial Insurance Reviews & Ratings Good?
Following are some ratings found online which appear mixed:
- BBB.org - The Better Business Bureau rates them 3.68 out of 5 stars.
- indeed.com - indeed rates them 4.3 out of 5 stars.
- yelp.com - Yelp rates them 1.0 out of 5 stars.
USLI Contact Information
Address: 1190 Devon Park Drive, Wayne, PA 19087
The Bottom Line On USLI
United States Liability Insurance maintains a strong presence within the insurance market. They offer an efficient turnaround time on quotes both online and over the phone, and have a commitment to customers through well-designed products delivered with unparalleled speed, service and support. They are your one-stop shop for all your insurance needs.
More Commercial Insurance Company RatingsSmall Business Insurer Ratings & Reviews:
- ACE Group
- American Family
- Applied Underwriters
- biBERK Insurance Services
- Central Insurance Companies
- Colony Specialty
- Fireman's Fund
- Hartford Steam Boiler
- Jewelers Mutual
- Liberty Mutual
- Markel Insurance
- Merchants Insurance Group
- Ohio Casualty
- Penn-America Group
- Philadelphia Insurance Companies
- Pie Insurance
- State Farm
- State National Insurance Company
- The Hartford
- The Main Street America Group
- Utica First
- BB&T Insurance Services
- Brown & Brown
- Burns & Wilcox
- Commercial Insurance.NET
- Comparion Insurance Agency
- Contractors Edge
- Coterie Insurance
- Day Care Insurance Services, Inc.
- Embroker Insurance Services
- Huckleberry Insurance
- Jimcor Agencies
- Risk Placement Services
- Simply Business
- Thimble Insurance
- USG Insurance Services
- Valley Forge Insurance Brokerage
Best Business Insurance Ratings & Reviews
The reviews and opinions expressed on this web site are solely those of the original authors and other contributors. These views and opinions do not necessarily represent those of the GeneralLiabilityInsure.com staff, and/or any/all contributors to this site.
Images on this site are copyright to its respectful owners. All product names, logos, and brands are property of their respective owners. All company, product and service names used in this website are for identification purposes only. Use of these names, logos, and brands does not imply endorsement.