Acuity Insurance Ratings
Acuity Insurance Reviews 2019 (Ratings, Complaints & Coverage). Acuity is a mutual insurance company that has been around since 1925 and is currently the 65th largest insurance company in America. From their beginnings in the little known town of Herman, Acuity has developed to be an organization based in 23 states with premiums of more than $4 billion. Their core business is casualty and property insurance, and they take pride in being ranked third on Fortune's list of the 100 Best Companies to Work For in 2015.
If you are a business owner looking to buy liability insurance, read Acuity insurance reviews to learn about Acuity's products.
Check out Acuity reviews, ratings, complaints & coverage for general liability, workers compensation and other small business insurance commercial policies.
Following are some of the answers to commonly asked Acuity small business insurance questions:
- Does Acuity Offer Business Insurance?
- What Types Of Commercial Insurance Does Acuity Offer?
- How Much Does Acuity's Small Business Insurance Cost?
- Are Acuity's Commercial Insurance Reviews & Ratings Good?
Does Acuity Offer Business Insurance?
Yes, Acuity offers business insurance with a focus on small business commercial policies.
What Types Of Commercial Insurance Does Acuity Offer?
Acuity offers small business insurance policies including: General Liability, Commercial Property, Workers Compensation, Commercial Auto and others.
How Much Does Acuity's Small Business Insurance Cost?
The average cost of Acuity's commercial insurance policies ranges from $39 to over $119 per month, and is mainly based on your business's: Industry, Location, Gross Sales, Employees and/or Payroll, Policy Limits, Endorsements, Deductibles, Experience & Claims History.
About Acuity Insurance
Acuity Insurance was founded by a group of independent brokers. The aim of the formation was to meet the needs of the rising number of car owners that were transforming America during the time. The company has developed to becoming one of the leading insurers and has a reputation of innovating policies and services that address the unique needs of their clients. The Acuity insurance reviews on the Internet are ok.
Acuity's Small Business Insurance Products
Acuity provides commercial insurance to customers in 23 states in the country. Their business insurance offerings include general liability, crime, property, workers compensation, and more.
Acuity's main business insurance offering is commercial auto, and provides various coverages including: Liability, including the expenditures involved in defending lawsuits and settling those respective claims, as well as the insured client's responsibility for bodily injury or property damage; Replacement Cost Coverage; Personal Injury Protection; Medical Payments; Uninsured Motorists; Car Damage, including towing, vandalism, weather damage, theft and collision; Underinsured Motorists as well as Lease/Loan Payoffs.
The Acuity insurance ratings for commercial auto are hard to find online.
Acuity's Commercial Agency Network
Acuity has partnered up with hundreds of independent insurance agencies to provide excellent service for its clients and prospective clients' coverage needs. While the corporate headquarters is in Sheboygan, WI, independent insurance agents are located across 18 different states. Acuity insurance reviews are mixed here.
Acuity Insurance Quoting Process
Acuity is very selective about their small business insurance quotes. If you want a free quote from this company, you're going to have to give a fair amount of information before they can give you an estimate.
To get a business insurance quote, you need to get in touch with one of their agents. On their website, simply select your state and city and a list of available agents will be provided for you to contact. This may seem dated since most providers simply fill out an online form. However, for those who have quite a few questions and want to hear things first-hand, then this will work for you. Acuity ratings are average here.
Acuity Claims Process
Claims can be filed with Acuity 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Policy holders can file a claim online or call a toll free number. Through the website, customers can check the status of a claim, file a claim, and report any misconduct by an affiliate.
An average claim turnaround time is less than one week as long as everything has been done correctly and submitted in a timely manner. So it only takes about seven days from claim to payout. As always, not every case is the same, claim times will vary from case to case.
Acuity Insurance Payment Options
- Multi-payment Installment Plans. This option allows clients to pay your premiums in scheduled installments rather than paying all at once.
- Online Payment. Pay your bill online.
- Mail Payment. The option to mail in a personal check or money order.
- Mobile App Payments. This company allows customers to pay bills through their phone app.
Acuity Insurance reviews & Ratings
Acuity has a strong history of good customer service, according to their clients and the apparent lack of complaints on both the BBB website and the NAIC Complaint Index. They also have an "A+ Superior" rating from A.M. Best, assuring would-be customers that paying out on claims shouldn't be a problem at any point in the near future.
Acuity Insurance Awards
Acuity is recognized nationally for intellectual capital and operational excellence. The company has also earned many accolades for its superior financial products and solutions. Apart from providing insurance services, the Acuity insurance company is also known for community philanthropy, technology advancement and recognition of its staff in the workplace. Some of their awards include:
- Ward Inc., for the past 10 years has recognized Acuity as one of the Top 50 best-run insurance service in all of the United States.
- Acuity has been named to the InformationWeek 500 list of most innovative technology companies for four consecutive years.
- In 2001, the National Association of Professional Insurance Agents awarded the National Company Award of Excellence to Acuity.
- Collegegrad.com recognizes Acuity as a top entry-level employer for new grads since 2007.
- AARP also recognizes Acuity as a top employer of workers at or above the age of 50 for the past four years.
- In 2004, The Great Place to Work Institute and the Society for Human Resources Management honored Acuity as being the Best Mid-Size Company to work for.
Acuity Insurance Pros and Cons
- Ratings and complaints recorded from industry organizations are favorable and healthy.
- The company offers alternative types of coverage that don't conform to most "cookie-cutter" insurance plans.
- Quotes cannot be obtained anonymously either through the phone or online.
- Local agents don't seem that well-versed in benefits or features of Acuity's insurance.
Are Acuity's Commercial Insurance Reviews & Ratings Good?
Acuity's Contact Information
Address: 2800 South Taylor Drive, Sheboygan, WI 53081
The Bottom Line On Acuity Insurance
Since Acuity's business model has been operating and thriving for more than 90 years, they've got to be doing something right. However, as times change, their adherence to local and face-to-face business practices may be holding them back. It also makes it difficult for clients to get accurate quote information from them so that you can compare them to the competition and make sure you are getting the best deal.
More Commercial Insurance Company RatingsSmall Business Insurer Ratings:
- ACE Group
- Applied Underwriters
- Colony Specialty
- Fireman's Fund
- Hartford Steam Boiler
- Jewelers Mutual
- Liberty Mutual
- Markel Insurance
- Merchants Insurance Group
- Ohio Casualty
- Penn-America Group
- Philadelphia Insurance Companies
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- The Main Street America Group
- Utica First
- BB&T Insurance Services
- Brown & Brown
- Burns & Wilcox
- Contractors Edge
- Day Care Insurance Services, Inc.
- Jimcor Agencies
- Risk Placement Services
- USG Insurance Services
- Valley Forge Insurance Brokerage
- Verifly Insurance Services
The reviews and opinions expressed on this web site are solely those of the original authors and other contributors. These views and opinions do not necessarily represent those of the GeneralLiabilityInsure.com staff, and/or any/all contributors to this site.
Images on this site are copyright to its respectful owners. All product names, logos, and brands are property of their respective owners. All company, product and service names used in this website are for identification purposes only. Use of these names, logos, and brands does not imply endorsement.