Liberty Mutual Small Business Insurance Ratings
Liberty Mutual Small Business Insurance Reviews 2020 (Ratings, Complaints & Coverage). Liberty Mutual began in 1912 as the Massachusetts Employees Insurance Association. It has grown from a workers compensation insurance firm to now being among the top 10 insurance companies globally. As a Fortune 500 company and with assets of more than $100 billion, Liberty Mutual is listed as the third largest casualty and property insurance company in the United States.
The company owns 4 major subsidiaries and perhaps as many as 34 smaller ones. The U.S. operations serve 45 states and are headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts. The company offers a variety of personal and Liberty Mutual business insurance policies including a range of auto & vehicle, property, as well as life insurance, under the Liberty Life banner.
Since its beginnings, policyholders have held the reins of the company, not stockholders - a fact that Liberty Mutual uses to tout its strong customer service. As an employer, Liberty Mutual has an impressive record as well. There are over 45,000 people employed for Liberty Mutual Group worldwide at more than 900 locations.
If you are a small business owner looking to buy liability insurance, read Liberty Mutual small business insurance reviews to learn about Liberty Mutual's business insurance products.
Check out Liberty Mutual small business insurance reviews, ratings, complaints & coverage for Liberty Mutual business insurance general liability, workers compensation and other commercial policies.
Following are some of the answers to commonly asked Liberty Mutual small business insurance questions:
- Does Liberty Mutual Offer Business Insurance?
- How Do I Get A Liberty Mutual Business Insurance Quote?
- What Types Of Commercial Insurance Does Liberty Mutual Offer?
- How Much Does Liberty Mutual's Small Business Insurance Cost?
- Are Liberty Mutual's Commercial Insurance Reviews & Ratings Good?
Does Liberty Mutual Offer Business Insurance?
Yes, Liberty Mutual offers business insurance with a focus on small business commercial policies.
How Do I Get A Liberty Mutual Business Insurance Quote?
Call the Liberty Mutual business insurance phone number at (844) 852-0134 from 8am - 8pm EST to start your quote.
What Types Of Commercial Insurance Does Liberty Mutual Offer?
Liberty Mutual offers small business insurance policies including: General Liability, Commercial Property, Business Owners Policy (BOP), Workers Compensation, Commercial Auto, Liquor Liability, Umbrella, Surety Bonds and others.
How Much Does Liberty Mutual's Small Business Insurance Cost?
The average cost of Liberty Mutual's commercial insurance policies ranges from $16 to over $99 per month, and is mainly based on your business's: Industry, Location, Gross Sales, Employees and/or Payroll, Policy Limits, Endorsements, Deductibles, Experience & Claims History.
Small Business Coverages Offered By Liberty Mutual
The Liberty Mutual small business insurance reviews on the Internet are very good. Following are some of Liberty Mutual insurance for business policies:
General Liability - Coverage that protects you and your employees in the event your business is involved in a claim or lawsuit. This type of insurance product is designed to cover you against legal hassles that might arise because of bodily injury or property damage claims against your business. General liability insurance also pays for any medical or legal expenses which is a result of a claim made against you and your business. Liberty Mutual business insurance ratings are good for CGL.
Product Liability - If your business is found responsible for an issue with one of the products you sell, you could find yourself tangled up in a costly, time consuming lawsuits. Your product liability insurance can help protect you from legal and medical costs that may come up in these instances.
Commercial Auto - Protection for your owned, leased, non-owned, and hired commercial vehicles as well as the drivers who operate them.
Workers' Compensation - Coverage that protects your employees in the event of a work-related injury and covers lost wages and medical treatments. If your employee gets injured in the workplace, it could be you that suffers the most with a hefty lawsuit coming your way. With workers' comp, you assure the lawsuits stay at bay and show your employee you care by having the policy to cover lost wages and medical bills. (Plus, it's legally required for any non owner employees.) Liberty Mutual small business insurance reviews are good for workers comp.
Commercial Auto - Protection for your owned, leased, non-owned, and hired commercial vehicles as well as the drivers who operate them.
Property Insurance - Protects your place of business and the contents inside with additional coverage options including inland marine and equipment breakdown. Property insurance protects the building(s) you own as well as your business property. So it covers items like office furniture, computers, inventory, and other equipment you have on site. This is the kind of policy that insures you against things like theft, fire, vandalism or disaster. Liberty Mutual business insurance ratings are fair for commercial property.
Umbrella - Additional coverage over your existing liability or auto policy to keep your business protected in the event of a substantial loss.
Business Interruption - Even if you have property insurance in place, it will take time for your business to recover from a natural disaster or some other event of the sort. Business interruption insurance covers the income a business loses when a company can't operate right after a disaster. This policy can help pay for your operating costs when you're not able to generate an income.
Crime - Crime insurance protects a firm against losses caused by acts of criminals (other than company owners or principals). It is designed to cover certain losses that aren't covered by commercial property policies. For instance, most property policies exclude thefts perpetrated by employees. They also exclude loss or damage to money, currency, securities, food stamps and similar property.
Business Owner's Policy (BOP) - Packaged solutions for small to midsize businesses, which bundle general liability and property coverages together. This is a combined insurance solution that usually consists of Commercial Property, Business Interruption and General Liability. Based on your company's needs, you can select the desired insurance coverage and adjust the sum insured. It offers cost savings as a bundled package compared to separately issued policies. Liberty Mutual small business insurance reviews ae good for BOP's.
Industies Liberty Mutual Insures
According to their website they offer Liberty Mutual business insurance to the following industries:
- Agriculture/Farm - Coverage options for a variety of agriculture businesses including berry growers, dairy farms, hobby farms, vineyards, and more.
- Building Maintenance - Protection for building maintenance businesses that service airports, government buildings, healthcare facilities, office buildings, and schools.
- Construction - Coverages to protect contractors of all kinds including general, heavy construction, and specialty trade.
- Education - Coverage options protect private, public, and charter elementary and high schools, as well as community colleges and vocational schools.
- Energy - Coverage options to help protect your power, utility, oil, or gas company.
- Financial Services - Coverage for community banks, insurance companies, investment firms, mortgage bankers, managed care organizations, and national banks.
- Food and Beverage Manufacturers - Protection for food and beverage manufacturing businesses of baked goods, beer, cheese, frozen foods, pet food, and more.
- Healthcare - Protection for a range of healthcare businesses from assisted living facilities and dentists to medical labs and doctors' offices.
- Hospitality - Coverages protect company-owned or franchised properties, boutique hotels, convention centers, motels, and other hospitality establishments.
- Manufacturing - Coverage options for chemical, food and beverage, metal, plastic, or other manufacturing businesses.
- Public Entities - Coverages for the public sector, including cities, towns, fire departments, water utilities, schools, and more.
- Printing and Publishing - Protection for a range of printing and publishing businesses including newspapers, book publishers, greeting cards, and more.
- Real Estate - Coverages for commercial real estate businesses, residential and non-residential property managers, parking lot and garage owners, real estate agents, and real estate investment trusts.
- Religious Organizations - We offer a broad range of coverages for churches, synagogues, or other houses of worship.
- Restaurants - Coverages to help protect your restaurant whether it is family-owned or a franchise, or casual, fast-food, or fine dining.
- Retail - Protection for retailers such as convenience and drug stores, online retailers, furniture shops, and grocery stores.
- Transportation - Coverages for ambulance operators, bus companies, towing companies, and truckers, among other businesses.
- Wholesale - Coverage options to protect the goods you deliver such as apparel, beverages, home furnishings, plumbing and heating equipment, industrial supplies, or office equipment.
And specifically Liberty Mutual prefers to write these types of small business classes:
- Appliance Repair & Service
- Auto Service & Repair
- Barber Hair Dresser
- Beauty Salon
- Builders Risk
- Business Consulting
- Cabinet Installer
- Cable & Satellite TV Installer
- Car Wash
- Concrete Contractors
- Deck Builders
- Door & Window Installers
- Drywall Contractor
- Electrical Contractors
- Fence Installation
- Flooring Contractor
- Gutter Installation & Repair
- HVAC Contractor
- Interior Decorator
- Janitorial & Cleaning
- Lawn Care
- Lawn Irrigation Installation
- Liquor Store
- Masonry Contractor
- Mediator Arbitrator
- Mobile Car Wash
- Nail Salon
- Office Machine Repair & Maintenance
- Paperhanging Contractors
- Paving Contractors
- Pet Groomer
- Plastering & Stucco Contractor
- Real Estate Agents
- Real Estate Appraiser
- Rug, Upholstery & Carpet Cleaning
- Septic Tank Cleaning
- Sign Installation & Repair
- Swimming Pool Maintenance & Service
- Wholesaler Distributor
- Window Cleaning
Liberty Mutual Small Business Insurance Claims
Liberty Mutual has a great claims section on their website, with easy access to contact information and a rundown of the claims process. Business insurance claims can be reported in multiple ways:
- Online. Liberty Mutual has very robust and useful website, allowing users to manage their policies, pay their bills and track their claims.
- Through the mobile app. This allows users to track their claims, pay their bills or view policy documents.
- Over the phone.
Are Liberty Mutual's Commercial Insurance Reviews & Ratings Good?
Here are Liberty Mutual ratings by the top rating organizations:
- A.M. Best Company: A (Excellent). A.M. Best ratings are a measure of a company's ability to pay customer claims, stay in business and remain financially solvent.
- Moody's Rating: A2 (Good).
- Standard & Poor's: A (Strong).
- BBB: Liberty Mutual Group is A BBB Accredited Business since 04/26/1931. It has received 3.76 out of 5 stars based on 240 Customer Reviews and a BBB Rating of A+
Liberty Mutual Market Strength and Reliability
Reliability and stability are two strengths that Liberty Mutual Insurance can offer its clients. This company has a strong financial background, so you can be assured that there will be no problem with regard to funding your claims should the need arise.
In 2015, Liberty Mutual reported revenues of $37.6 billion and assets worth $121.7 billion. So, their stability is pretty solid and they are owned by their policy holders. They operate in more than 17 countries across the world. Liberty Mutual small business insurance get good reviews for financial strength.
- Liberty Mutual partners with more than 14,000 organizations, so there's a very good chance that you'll qualify for an affinity discount.
- Their online quote tool is very quick and easy to use.
- You can file claims from your mobile device.
- It can be hard to find a local agent, since Liberty Mutual recently centralized all of its service representatives to national call centers.
Liberty Mutual's Contact Information
Address: 175 Berkeley Street, Boston, Massachusetts 02116
Other companies owned: America First Insurance, Colorado Casualty, Employers Insurance Company of Wausau, Golden Eagle Insurance, Helmsman Management Services, Indiana Insurance, LM Insurance Corporation, LMG Property, Liberty Agency Underwriters, Liberty Insurance Corporation, Liberty Insurance Underwriters, Inc., Liberty International Underwriters, Liberty Life Assurance Company of Boston, Liberty Mutual, Liberty Mutual Fire Insurance Company, Liberty Mutual Group Asset Management Inc., Liberty Mutual Insurance Company, Liberty Mutual Insurance Group, Liberty Mutual Surety, Liberty Northwest, Montgomery Insurance, Ohio Casualty, Peerless Indemnity Insurance Company, Peerless Insurance Company, Safeco Insurance Company of America, Safeco Insurance Company of Illinois, Safeco Insurance Company of Indiana, Summit Holdings Southeast, The First Liberty Insurance Corporation, The Netherlands Insurance Company and Wausau Business Insurance Company.
The Bottom Line On Liberty Mutual Commercial
Liberty Mutual insurance has an easy online application process, knowledgeable agents and multiple discounts. It's not the cheapest, but it offers unlimited business coverage options. It's worth checking out especially if you need multiple coverages.
More Commercial Insurance Company RatingsSmall Business Insurer Ratings:
- ACE Group
- Applied Underwriters
- Central Insurance Companies
- Colony Specialty
- Fireman's Fund
- Hartford Steam Boiler
- Jewelers Mutual
- Liberty Mutual
- Markel Insurance
- Merchants Insurance Group
- Ohio Casualty
- Penn-America Group
- Philadelphia Insurance Companies
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- The Main Street America Group
- Utica First
- BB&T Insurance Services
- biBERK Insurance Services
- Brown & Brown
- Burns & Wilcox
- Commercial Insurance.NET
- Contractors Edge
- Day Care Insurance Services, Inc.
- Embroker Insurance Services
- Jimcor Agencies
- Risk Placement Services
- USG Insurance Services
- Valley Forge Insurance Brokerage
- Verifly Insurance Services
The reviews and opinions expressed on this web site are solely those of the original authors and other contributors. These views and opinions do not necessarily represent those of the GeneralLiabilityInsure.com staff, and/or any/all contributors to this site.
Images on this site are copyright to its respectful owners. All product names, logos, and brands are property of their respective owners. All company, product and service names used in this website are for identification purposes only. Use of these names, logos, and brands does not imply endorsement.