Safeco Insurance Ratings
Safeco Insurance Reviews 2020 (Ratings, Complaints & Coverage). Safeco offers home, auto, and rental policies, as well as policies for pet health care, boats, RVs, and other recreational vehicles. They're also a member of the Liberty Mutual Insurance Group.
So is Safeco the right provider for your needs? All policies differ just a little in their specific coverages, policy provisions, and product offerings. What really matters to most customers is how they will be treated when they choose an insurance company.
That's why it's so important to dive into the reviews and reputation of the company. There are a lot of factors to look at.
If you are looking to buy homeowners, renters or car insurance, read Safeco insurance reviews to learn about Safeco's personal insurance products.
Check out Safeco insurance reviews, ratings, complaints & coverage for Safeco auto, homeowners, renters and other personal policies.
Following are some of the answers to commonly asked Safeco insurance questions:
- How Do I Get A Safeco Insurance Quote?
- What Types Of Insurance Does Safeco Offer?
- How Much Does Safeco Insurance Cost?
- Is Safeco A Good Insurance Company?
- Is Safeco A Reliable Insurance Company?
- Are Safeco's Insurance Reviews & Ratings Good?
- Are Safeco And Liberty Mutual The Same Company?
- What Is Safeco Insurance's Net Promoter Score?
How Do I Get A Safeco Insurance Quote?
Call the Safeco insurance phone number at (877) 857-9519 start your quote.
Licensed Safeco insurance agents are available 7 days a week during these hours (Eastern time):
|7 a.m. to 10 p.m.||Monday through Friday|
|7 a.m. to 8 p.m.||Saturday|
|11 a.m. to 8 p.m.||Sunday|
What Types Of Insurance Does Safeco Offer?
Safeco offers the following insurance policies:
Auto & Vehicle
- Auto - Safeco offers a number auto insurance discounts to its policyholders including a package policy discount, safe driving discounts, and teen driving discounts.
- ATV & Off-Road Vehicles - Safeco insures all-terrain vehicles with four or six wheels, a wide variety of utility task vehicles (UTV), side-by-sides, dirt bikes, snowmobiles, golf carts, and other select off-road vehicles.
- Boat & Watercraft - Safeco's boat and watercraft insurance options include liability, med pay, physical damage, uninsured/underinsured motorist, agreed value coverage, personal effects coverage, fuel spill, new boat price protection, on-water/emergency assistance, and wreckage removal
- Classic Car - Safeco's classic car insurance coverage options include bodily injury, property damage, personal injury protection, medical payments, uninsured/underinsured motorist, comprehensive, collision, roadside assistance, emergency assistance, and personal property protection.
- Golf Cart & Low-Speed Vehicle - Safeco insures nearly all makes and models of golf carts. We also cover all-terrain vehicles (ATVs) with four or six wheels, a wide variety of utility task vehicles (UTV), side-by-sides, dirt bikes, snowmobiles, and other select off-road vehicles.
- Motorcycle - Safeco's motorcycle coverage options include bodily injury, guest passenger liability, property damage liability, uninsured/underinsured motorist, comprehensive, collision, medical payments, helmet, jacket, boots and glove replacement, custom parts and equipment, roadside assistance.
- RV/Trailer/Motorhome - Safeco's RV insurance options include bodily injury, property damage liability, personal injury protection, medical payments, uninsured/underinsured motorist, comprehensive, collision, roadside assistance, emergency assistance, loan/lease protection, custom equipment, electronic key replacement, and pet coverage.
- Snowmobile - Safeco insures all types of sleds as well as snow bikes. We also insure a wide variety of other off-road vehicles, including all-terrain vehicles (ATVs) utility task vehicles (UTVs), side-by-sides, dirt bike and more.
- Homeowners - Safeco's homeowners insurance options include coverage for your home and other building on your property, liability protection, additional living expenses, identity recovery valuable articles, equipment breakdown, and personal property replacement.
- Renters - Safeco's renters insurance coverage is available for personal belongings as well as liability coverage, living expenses, identity recover, valuable articles, and personal property replacement cost.
- Condo - Safeco's condo insurance covers repairs to the inside of your condo unit, personal property, liability, additional living expenses, identity recovery, valuable article, and personal property replacement cost.
- Home Warranty - Helps protect from the cost of home system and appliance breakdown due to wear and tear.
- Landlord - Safeco's landlord insurance coverage includes premises liability, protection against libel and slander, wrongful eviction, and wrongful claims. Extended dwelling coverage is available to help pay for unexpected repairs and rebuilding costs that exceed the amount covered by your base policy.
- Valuable Articles - By adding Valuable Articles Coverage to your current homeowners policy, you'll get the special protection you need for your most valuable things. From cherished jewelry to vital medical devices, this coverage protects your most important possessions in the event of damage, loss, or theft.
- Umbrella - Safeco's personal umbrella insurance is extra coverage that can be added to an underlying policy in $1 million increments up to $5 million.
- Identity Recovery Coverage - Can be added to your Safeco homeowner's policy for just $1 a month.
- Pet Health - Coverage available for accidents and illness with the option of adding preventive care coverage at an additional cost.
How Much Does Safeco Insurance Cost?
The average cost of Safeco's auto insurance policies ranges from $29 to over $99 per month, and is mainly based on your zip code, drivers ages, type of vehicles driven, Motor vehicle records and claims history.
The average cost of Safeco's homeowners insurance policies ranges from $49 to over $89 per month, and is mainly based on your zip code, value of home and its contents and claims history.
The average cost of Safeco's renters insurance policies ranges from $9 to over $24 per month, and is mainly based on your zip code, liability limits, value of belongings and claims history.
Is Safeco A Good Insurance Company?
Here are three factors to consider when looking at Safeco Insurance reviews:
First, the premiums. Obviously everyone's looking to save as much money on insurance as possible. Safeco offers lower rates than many competitors.
If you want to save money, of course, the premium isn't the only thing you need to look at. There's also the deductible. Safeco has a neat benefit here. While you'll start with the standard $500 deductible on most auto policies, you can also take advantage of their "Diminishing Deductible" program. With Safeco, your collision deductible decreases at every renewal if there are no claims filed against your policy. That continues to decrease for up to five years, or until the $500 maximum is reached.
That means you could buy a policy with a $500 deductible, stay with them accident-free for six years, and pay no deductible if you need to make a claim. That's a pretty great benefit if you're a safe driver as a matter of course.
There is also the matter of coverages. Safeco offers many coverage options that other insurers won't. For example, their homeowner's policy covers personal property as well as the home itself, which is rare for homeowner's insurance. They also cover temporary housing for up to two years.
On the auto side, they offer up to $10,000 first aid reimbursement in addition to standard coverages. They're also one of the few companies that will cover Uber and Lyft drivers.
Finally, there's your agent or broker, who will be your primary point of contact when dealing with Safeco. You can also buy directly from Safeco. If you trust in that relationship and they recommend it as the best product then it's likely a great option for your circumstance.
Is Safeco A Reliable Insurance Company?
Yes. Safeco has the money and reserves to pay it's claims. Safeco Insurance is owned by the Liberty Mutual Group, which is very financial stable.
Liberty Mutual Insurance has financial strength ratings of "A" or "Strong" from Standard & Poor's, an "A2" or "Good" from Moody's, and an "A" or "Excellent" rating with A.M. Best. Liberty Mutual is ranked in the top 100 largest U.S. Corporations according to Fortune.
Are Safeco's Insurance Reviews & Ratings Good?
Safeco's "star rating" depends entirely on the sites you visit, the number of reviews that have been left, and the people who use those sites. Yet you can find 5-star reviews across all of these sites:
"Easy to work with, cheaper than progressive. I was able to shop around and find a lower quote through Safeco, so I switched to them from Progressive. So far all has been great! I'm earning safe driver discounts right now and I've already saved 90!"
"Best insurance ever. Fantastic, quality coverage for a price that doesn't hurt the pocket like other insurance companies. I am saving over $400 a month thanks to my switch from big named companies to Safeco. I am never surprised by their billing, and if I do have any questions their customer service is easy to reach and always helpful."
Overall Clearsurance.com rates Safeco at 3.97 out of 5 stars.
"As I understand, poor insurers only get bad reviews if something bad happens. Well, Safeco handled my hit-and-run incident as 5/5 with almost no impact on my premium. Thank you, Safeco."
"The people I deal with over the phone are always pleasant and helpful. I have both my auto and home policies with Safeco, and the agents have been helpful in getting the lowest rates for both. I have only had minor claims (a windshield repair, etc.) and am hopeful if I ever need them I will still get the helpful people I've dealt with before."
Better Business Bureau
The Better Business Bureau says Safeco offers: Car Insurance, Motorcycle Insurance, Personal Liability Protection, Homeowners Insurance, Renters Insurance, Condominium Insurance, Personal Liability Protection, Flood Insurance, Identity Fraud Expense Coverage & Life insurance.
Overall the BBB rates Safeco A+. It does reference that Liberty Mutual is the parent company.
Overall Fitch Ratings, a company that rate insurers for claims paying ability amoung other factors, gives Safeco an A- rating for insurer financial strength.
NerdWallet notes that Safeco's customer satisfaction ratings are average for home and auto claims, that they have fewer than the expected number of customer complaints, relative to its size, for auto insurance. The NerdWallet editorial team have named the company one of the Best Car Insurance Companies of 2020.
Overall Nerdwallet.com rates Safeco at 4 out of 5 stars.
The Balance reports: "Even though there have been a few complaints about the company underpaying claims, the rates are competitive and customers rank customer service and claims services better than average."
Overall the the balance gives a favorable Safeco Insurance review.
Are Safeco And Liberty Mutual The Same Company?
According to Safeco's website:
Safeco became a part of Liberty Mutual Insurance in 2008. With Liberty Mutual as its parent company, Safeco has been able to concentrate exclusively on personal insurance.
So Safeco is owned by Liberty Mutual but they have separate policies, premium pricing and distribution.
What Is Safeco Insurance's Net Promoter Score?
Net Promoter Score (NPS) is a customer satisfaction benchmark. The theory behind it is that every company has raving fans, known as promoters, passive customers who are with you for now but who may or may not take their business to competitors, and detractors, the at-risk group of clients who may actively be speaking out against you.
The score gets calculated by subtracting the percentage of detractors from the percentage of promoters. A "good" score depends entirely on your industry. For example, a good score for the education and training industry would be 71%. A good score for the Ecommerce industry would be 62%. People naturally enjoy dealing with some types of companies more than others.
Learning can be fun. Shopping is fun! Insurance is often confusing and usually boring...
The insurance industry struggles a little to get high ratings in general, but it's learning. The average Net Promoter Score for the insurance industry as a whole is 17%. This is up from 2014, when the Net Promoter Score was 9%.
In part, this is simply because the insurance industry deals with people who are either paying high premiums without seeing an immediate benefit, or are trying to deal with claims at a high-stress time when something is already wrong.
So where does Safeco stack up? Liberty Mutual' s last known NPS was 14%. Because Safeco is part of Liberty Mutual there's no separate score report. Yet Safeco itself is widely reported as being very concerned about their NPS, and, by extension, the customer satisfaction that's required to raise it. Thus, you can feel confident that the company wants to do well, cares about your feedback, and is constantly trying to improve.
Safeco's Contact Information
Address: 175 Berkeley Street, Boston, Massachusetts 02116
Safeco Insurance Reviews - The Bottom Line
Safeco insurance reviews are good and Safeco offers a wide variety of personal insurance products including auto, home, umbrella, watercraft and more.
While no insurance company is going to escape complaints that they have underpaid claims. That's just part of the business. A homeowner is always going to think they deserve to be paid more than the insurance company is going to want to pay, and in that gap there are a lot of sticky legal issues that all companies have to navigate.
That being said, The Safeco Package - which bundles your auto and home coverage together - offers a great combination of savings, convenience and coverage. And Safeco's ratings are above average across the board.
Personal Insurance Company RatingsPersonal Insurer Ratings:
- Safeco Insurance
- Safeco Auto Insurance
- Safeco Condo Insurance
- Safeco Homeowners Insurance
- Safeco Landlord Insurance
- Safeco Renters Insurance
The reviews and opinions expressed on this web site are solely those of the original authors and other contributors. These views and opinions do not necessarily represent those of the GeneralLiabilityInsure.com staff, and/or any/all contributors to this site.
Images on this site are copyright to its respectful owners. All product names, logos, and brands are property of their respective owners. All company, product and service names used in this website are for identification purposes only. Use of these names, logos, and brands does not imply endorsement.