Safeco Boat And Watercraft Insurance Ratings
Safeco Boat And Watercraft Insurance Reviews 2021 (Ratings, Cost & Coverage). Water is central to life, literally. In fact, it is estimated that 50 percent of the world’s population lives within 3 kilometers of a freshwater body. This would explain the various fishing activities that many people undertake all over the world.
From the freshwater fish to the crustaceans that roam around the seas, the use of boats has enabled people to make a living. Your uses may be slightly different.
You may have yours as a recreation tool. After all the hustle and bustle you get to engage in while in the city, you can retreat to enjoy some time away from civilization, and let your mind be at ease.
As a boat owner, you recognize that the insurance you have is the difference between peace of mind and utter chaos should anything happen to your boat.Learn about Safeco boat and watercraft insurance reviews to see if it works for you.
Check out Safeco boat and watercraft insurance reviews, ratings, cost & coverage for Safeco boat and watercraft insurance policies.
Following are some of the answers to commonly asked Safeco boat and watercraft insurance questions:
- How Do I Get A Safeco Boat And Watercraft Insurance Quote?
- What Types Of Boat And Watercraft Insurance Does Safeco Offer?
- How Much Does Safeco Boat And Watercraft Insurance Cost?
- What Does Safeco Boat And Watercraft Insurance Cover?
- What Type Of Boats Does Safeco Insure?
- What Type Of Boat And Watercraft Insurance Discounts Does Safeco Offer?
- Is Safeco A Reliable Boat And Watercraft Insurance Company?
- Are Safeco's Boat And Watercraft Insurance Reviews & Ratings Good?
How Do I Get A Safeco Boat And Watercraft Insurance Quote?
Call the Safeco insurance phone number at (877) 857-9519 to start your boat or watercraft quote.
Licensed Safeco insurance agents are available 7 days a week during these hours (Eastern time):
|7 a.m. to 10 p.m.||Monday through Friday|
|7 a.m. to 8 p.m.||Saturday|
|11 a.m. to 8 p.m.||Sunday|
Or you can start your Safeco boat or watercraft insurance quote online 24/7:
What Types Of Boat And Watercraft Insurance Does Safeco Offer?
Every personal watercraft owner is always looking for something that suits them and their needs. This typically means that one plan does not fit all, and some tweaks are required. This is exactly what Safeco has done with the boat insurance they offer.
However, every package they offer includes the following; Safeco offers the following boat and watercraft insurance coverage types:
- Fuel Spill & Wreckage Removal - This coverage will help with the removal of fuel spills and wreckage with the limits of policy liability.
- Cruise Without Restrictions - This coverage allows you to sail in inland waterways of the US and Canada. It also allows you to sail up to 75 miles off the coast, which goes up to 90 miles in California.
How Much Does Safeco Boat And Watercraft Insurance Cost?
The average cost of Safeco's boat and watercraft insurance policies ranges from $12 to over $49 per month, and is mainly based on your zip code, drivers ages, type of bikes driven, coverages chosen, Motor vehicle records and claims history.
What Does Safeco Boat And Watercraft Insurance Cover?
Safeco boat and personal watercraft insurance offers coverage fir theft, damage, and liability in case of an accident or injury experienced while using your boat. It can also protect you against damage or injury caused by another boater who may be uninsured or underinsured.
Also if you get a loan or financing to pay for your boat, your bank will most likely require you to have boat coverage:
|Safeco Boat And Watercraft Insurance Coverages||Coverage Description|
|Watercraft Liability Coverage||This includes paying for boat repairs or replacing someone else's property. It further covers the costs of their medical care, lost wages, and other costs of a boating accident for which you are at fault. It will also help pay for wreckage removal and fuel spill cleanup costs.|
|Medical Payments||This helps cover medical expenses such as hospital bills and related care if you're legally responsible for an accident that injures someone else - regardless of fault.|
|Additional Fishing Equipment Coverage||This option carries a single item limit of $1,000, and overall limits are available up to $20,000.|
|Uninsured/Underinsured Watercraft Coverage||Helps pay for your medical treatment, lost wages, pain and suffering, and other costs associated with the accident if you are hurt by an uninsured or underinsured boater.|
|Physical Damage||Helps pay for repairs or the replacement of your watercraft, its engine, your trailer, and any permanently attached equipment up to the agreed value of your watercraft if damaged or stolen. Physical damage offers you:|
|Captain's Package||Comprehensive coverage that protects you on both water and land - including:|
What Type Of Boats Does Safeco Insure?
Safeco insures many different types of boats:
- Pleasure-use boats that are in good, or better, condition.
- Run abouts, cabin & cuddy cruisers, bass & fishing boats, power boats, pontoon boats, sail boats, jet skis & jet boats, bow riders and more.
- Maximum allowable speed is 85 miles-per-hour for fishing/bass boats and 65 miles-per-hour for all other boats.
- In most states, Safeco's maximum length is 40' and our maximum value is $350,000.
It's important to note that Safeco insures sailboats used for racing, but not powerboats designed or used for racing.
Examples of ineligible boats include:
- Off-shore-style power boats, whether V-hull or catamaran hull.
- Exposed-engine boats.
- Watercraft with three or more outboard motors.
What Type Of Boat And Watercraft Insurance Discounts Does Safeco Offer?
Safeco offers many ways to save your boat and watercraft insurance:
- Save 15% on your premiums when you complete a boating safety course offered by the Coast Guard Auxiliary or U.S. Power Squadron.
- Having a boat with a diesel engine.
- Owning a home.
- carrying multiple policies with Safeco.
- Having more than five years of boating experience.
- More discounts might be available depending on your situation.
Is Safeco A Reliable Boat And Watercraft Insurance Company?
Yes. Safeco has the money and reserves to pay it's boat and watercraft claims. Safeco Insurance is owned by the Liberty Mutual Group, which is very financial stable.
Liberty Mutual Insurance has financial strength ratings of "A" or "Strong" from Standard & Poor's, an "A2" or "Good" from Moody's, and an "A" or "Excellent" rating with A.M. Best. Liberty Mutual is ranked in the top 100 largest U.S. Corporations according to Fortune.
Are Safeco's Insurance Reviews & Ratings Good?
Following are some Safeco boat and watercraft insurance reviews online:
Better Business Bureau
The Better Business Bureau says Safeco offers: Car Insurance, Motorcycle Insurance, Personal Liability Protection, Homeowners Insurance, Renters Insurance, Condominium Insurance, Flood Insurance, Identity Fraud Expense Coverage & Life Insurance.
Overall the BBB rates Safeco A+. It does reference that Liberty Mutual is the parent company.
Safeco's Contact Information
Address: 175 Berkeley Street, Boston, Massachusetts 02116
Sales Phone #: (877) 857-9519
Safeco Boat And Watercraft Insurance Reviews - The Bottom Line
Safeco boat and watercraft insurance reviews are above average. Every insurance company evaluates premiums differently. Sometimes Safeco will offer the lowest rates, and sometimes they won't. Still, overall, Safeco's rates are lower than those offered by larger insurance companies.
Personal Insurance Company RatingsPersonal Insurer Ratings:
- Safeco Insurance
- Safeco ATV Insurance
- Safeco Auto Insurance
- Safeco Boat & Watercraft Insurance
- Safeco Condo Insurance
- Safeco Homeowners Insurance
- Safeco Landlord Insurance
- Safeco Motorcycle Insurance
- Safeco Renters Insurance
- Safeco RV, Trailer & Motorhome Insurance
- Safeco Umbrella Insurance
- Safeco vs Other Insurance Companies
The reviews and opinions expressed on this web site are solely those of the original authors and other contributors. These views and opinions do not necessarily represent those of the GeneralLiabilityInsure.com staff, and/or any/all contributors to this site.
Images on this site are copyright to its respectful owners. All product names, logos, and brands are property of their respective owners. All company, product and service names used in this website are for identification purposes only. Use of these names, logos, and brands does not imply endorsement.