Safeco Car Insurance Ratings
Safeco Auto Insurance Reviews 2022 (Ratings, Cost & Coverage). Safeco Auto is a smaller insurance company, though it's backed by the trusted Liberty Mutual brand, the fourth largest insurance company. This means you get small-company treatment with big-company peace-of-mind.
Not bad, especially as Safeco's rates are comparatively low.
Yet is it the right car insurance company for you? Checking Safeco auto insurance reviews is a good move, as it's one of the best ways to predict what your individual experience with the company might be.
To help you figure it out, we've looked at two sources: publications that routinely cover products like insurance, and customer reviews. We've also come up with a few other items that you might want to consider before taking the plunge.
Check out Safeco auto insurance reviews, ratings, cost & coverage for Safeco car insurance policies.
Following are some of the answers to commonly asked Safeco auto insurance questions:
- How Do I Get A Safeco Auto Insurance Quote?
- What Types Of Auto Insurance Does Safeco Offer?
- How Much Does Safeco Car Insurance Cost?
- What Does Safeco Car Insurance Cover?
- What Type Of Auto Insurance Discounts Does Safeco Offer?
- What Is The Safeco Package Deal Discount?
- Is Safeco A Good Car Insurance Company?
- Is Safeco A Reliable Auto Insurance Company?
- Are Safeco's Auto Insurance Reviews & Ratings Good?
- Does Safeco Offer Rideshare Insurance For Uber & Lyft?
How Do I Get A Safeco Auto Insurance Quote?
Call the Safeco insurance phone number at (877) 857-9519 to start your auto quote.
Licensed Safeco insurance agents are available 7 days a week during these hours (Eastern time):
|7 a.m. to 10 p.m.||Monday through Friday|
|7 a.m. to 8 p.m.||Saturday|
|11 a.m. to 8 p.m.||Sunday|
Or you can start your Safeco car insurance quote online 24/7:
What Types Of Auto Insurance Does Safeco Offer?
Safeco offers the following auto insurance policy types:
Auto & Vehicle
- Auto - Safeco offers a number car insurance discounts to its policyholders including a package policy discount, safe driving discounts, and teen driving discounts.
- ATV & Off-Road Vehicles - Safeco insures all-terrain vehicles with four or six wheels, a wide variety of utility task vehicles (UTV), side-by-sides, dirt bikes, snowmobiles, golf carts, and other select off-road vehicles.
- Boat & Watercraft - Safeco's boat and watercraft insurance options include liability, med pay, physical damage, uninsured/underinsured motorist, agreed value coverage, personal effects coverage, fuel spill, new boat price protection, on-water/emergency assistance, and wreckage removal
- Classic Car - Safeco's classic car insurance coverage options include bodily injury, property damage, personal injury protection, medical payments, uninsured/underinsured motorist, comprehensive, collision, roadside assistance, emergency assistance, and personal property protection.
- Golf Cart & Low-Speed Vehicle - Safeco insures nearly all makes and models of golf carts. We also cover all-terrain vehicles (ATVs) with four or six wheels, a wide variety of utility task vehicles (UTV), side-by-sides, dirt bikes, snowmobiles, and other select off-road vehicles.
- Motorcycle - Safeco's motorcycle coverage options include bodily injury, guest passenger liability, property damage liability, uninsured/underinsured motorist, comprehensive, collision, medical payments, helmet, jacket, boots and glove replacement, custom parts and equipment, roadside assistance.
- RV/Trailer/Motorhome - Safeco's RV insurance options include bodily injury, property damage liability, personal injury protection, medical payments, uninsured/underinsured motorist, comprehensive, collision, roadside assistance, emergency assistance, loan/lease protection, custom equipment, electronic key replacement, and pet coverage.
- Snowmobile - Safeco insures all types of sleds as well as snow bikes. We also insure a wide variety of other off-road vehicles, including all-terrain vehicles (ATVs) utility task vehicles (UTVs), side-by-sides, dirt bike and more.
How Much Does Safeco Car Insurance Cost?
The average cost of Safeco's auto insurance policies ranges from $29 to over $99 per month, and is mainly based on your zip code, drivers ages, type of vehicles driven, Motor vehicle records and claims history.
What Does Safeco Car Insurance Cover?
Safeco offers auto insurance policies that will cover all your personal needs and your state's minimum financial responsibility requirements:
|Safeco Auto Insurance Coverages||Coverage Description|
|Collision Coverage||Helps pay for repairs to your vehicle after a covered auto accident.|
|Comprehensive Coverage||Covers the costs of theft, vandalism, and other damages to your vehicle.|
|Bodily Injury Liability Coverage||Helps pay for expenses if someone's injured in an accident you caused.|
|Property Damage Liability Coverage||Covers damages to other people's property due to an accident you caused.|
|Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist Coverage||Helps pay for damages caused by people with no insurance or not enough insurance.|
|Personal Injury Protection (PIP)||Helps cover medical expenses for you and your passengers after an accident.|
Safeco's car insurance policies also offer optional coverages:
- Audio-visual and custom equipment coverage
- CD and DVD replacement
- Electronic key and lock replacement
- Emergency assistance
- Loan and lease coverage
- New car replacement
- Personal property coverage
- Pet coverage
- Rental car reimbursement
- Roadside assistance
What Type Of Auto Insurance Discounts Does Safeco Offer?
Safeco offers many ways to save your car insurance:
|Safeco Car Insurance Discount||Discount Description|
|Get the Package Deal||Save up to 15 percent when you combine your home and auto insurance policies with the Safeco Package.|
|Be a Safe Driver||Safeco Safety Rewards are a collection of benefits, rewards and discounts available to safe drivers who have a clean driving record, drive a safe car or take an accident prevention course.|
|Accident Prevention Course||Drivers within a defined age range (55+ in most states) who successfully completed an approved accident prevention course may get a discount that lasts for three years.|
|Teen Safety Rewards||Teen Safety Rewards provides a collection of tools, benefits and discounts to help your teen become a safer driver and to help you manage the cost of adding a teen driver to your auto policy.|
|Drive Less. Pay Less.||Save up to 20 percent with the Safeco low mileage discount if your car is in the driveway more than it is on the road.|
|More Than One Car||Get a discount when you insure multiple cars on the same policy.|
|Deter Thieves||Qualify for an anti-theft devices discount when your car is equipped with an audible alarm or a disabling device that renders the fuel, ignition or starting system inoperative.|
|Anti-Lock Brakes||A discount is available in some states for cars equipped with a factory installed four wheel anti-lock braking system (ABS).|
|Own Your Own Home||Qualify for significant savings on your auto insurance when you own and primarily reside in a single-family home, townhouse, condominium or mobile home.|
Safeco also a few other way to lower your auto insurance rates:
- Increase Your Deductible: You can lower your premium by shifting part of the loss payment to yourself. For example, if you had a $500 deductible, you would need to pay the first $500 of a covered loss. A higher deductibles generally lower your premium, but increase the amount you must pay yourself if a loss occurs.
- Pay Your Bill In Full: Pay your bill in full when you start or renew a policy instead of paying in monthly installments and you get a discount.
What Is The Safeco Package Deal Discount?
The Safeco Package deal discount offers the best combination of savings, convenience and coverage available when you combine your auto and home, condo or renters coverages. According to Safeco's website there are three main reasons to choose the Package:
- Save up to 15 percent. Combine your home and auto policies as a Safeco Package.
- Single loss deductible. If your car, motorcycle, boat or RV insured with Safeco is damaged in the same event as your home, you may only have to pay one deductible. For example, if a tree falls and damages both your garage and your car, we'll waive your auto deductible after your home deductible is paid.
- Choose between a six month and an annual auto policy. With annual auto, you can align the renewal period and effective dates of your homeowners and auto policies. Plus, your auto premium is set for 12 months, so you know exactly how much your payments will be.
- Combined billing statements give you a single bill for all your policies, providing more efficiency and convenience.
- By aligning renewal dates, customers receive their policies in the same envelope, providing more simplicity and less paperwork.
Comprehensive Protection, Flexible Options
- Coverage options. Choose from multiple coverage options for both your home and auto policies.
- Coverage enhancements. Strengthen your coverage with optional enhancements like equipment breakdown coverage for your home and Roadside Assistance for your car.
- 24/7 claims. Get fast, fair and hassle-free claims service at any time on any day of the year.
Is Safeco A Good Car Insurance Company?
Here are some Safeco Auto Insurance reviews from actual Safeco auto insurance customers:
"I have had Safeco Auto and HO6 for about 5 years. I used a broker when purchasing it so I was sure to get what I need. Recently I had a string of bad luck. In November I had to file a loss assessment on my H06, January 26 I needed roadside assistance and January 29 I had a one-vehicle weather related collision with a guard rail. All three times they went above and beyond duty to make sure everything was taken care of. Yesterday was my accident and the car is already in repairs and I have a rental.
That is how quick they were to get me back to normal. I do expect a significant rate increase, but that will happen anywhere. I couldn't ask for better service."
"Great rates, great company. I would recommend Safeco. I love that they pay 100% for any rock chip repair. Their rates are affordable. We combine them with our homeowners policy for further discounts."
"Great and affordable full coverage auto insurance. Safeco gives excellent service and quickly handles your claim. I had never heard of this company, but our agent recommended them and I am glad he did!"
Of course, not every one of the reviews you'll find about Safeco are glowing ones. Some people have been disappointed with the way the company has handled their claims, and others have been disappointed by certain routine rate increases.
It's always important to benchmark these reviews against the industry as a whole, which tends to receive many similar complaints. Insurance steps in when people are stressed, frustrated, and having a hard time. Not everyone is happy with the results. Customer satisfaction is therefore something of a mixed bag for the insurance industry as a whole.
Is Safeco A Reliable Auto Insurance Company?
Yes. Safeco has the money and reserves to pay it's auto claims. Safeco Insurance is owned by the Liberty Mutual Group, which is very financial stable.
Liberty Mutual Insurance has financial strength ratings of "A" or "Strong" from Standard & Poor's, an "A2" or "Good" from Moody's, and an "A" or "Excellent" rating with A.M. Best. Liberty Mutual is ranked in the top 100 largest U.S. Corporations according to Fortune.
Are Safeco's Insurance Reviews & Ratings Good?
Following are some Safeco auto insurance reviews online:
Better Business Bureau
The Better Business Bureau says Safeco offers: Car Insurance, Motorcycle Insurance, Personal Liability Protection, Homeowners Insurance, Renters Insurance, Condominium Insurance, Flood Insurance, Identity Fraud Expense Coverage & Life Insurance.
Overall the BBB rates Safeco A+. It does reference that Liberty Mutual is the parent company.
Specifically notes that Safeco can be a great option for the parents of teenagers, because they aren't quite as harsh on teenage drivers as other policies are.
They also noted that Safeco has customizable policy options which can help you get the coverage that's just right for you at a price that makes sense.
Overall Motor1.com rates very Safeco good for certain driver types.
Notes that customers are happy with Safeco's low prices. They also specifically say that Safeco has good rates for older drivers, noting that an 80-year old female pays about $2000 per year ($166/month) for Safeco auto. The site also mentions that Safeco offers many discounts.
Overall ConsumerAffairs.com rates Safeco at 3 out of 5 stars.
Does Safeco Offer Rideshare Insurance For Uber & Lyft?
Yes, Safeco is one of the few personal auto insurance companies offering rideshare insurance.
This means if you're an Uber or a Lyft Driver, this insurance policy could be perfect for you.
Many of Safeco's competitors force these drivers to go to a more expensive commercial auto insurance policy instead.
According to Safeco's Ridesharing page:
"With Safeco RideSharing Coverage, you get nearly the same coverage during applicable ridesharing activities as you do any other time you drive. Most of the coverage and options you selected for your Safeco auto policy extend to your RideSharing Coverage."
Safeco's Contact Information
Address: 175 Berkeley Street, Boston, Massachusetts 02116
Sales Phone #: (877) 857-9519
Safeco Auto Insurance Reviews - The Bottom Line
Safeco auto insurance reviews are above average. Will Safeco always have the lowest premiums? Probably not. Every insurance company evaluates premiums differently. Sometimes Safeco will offer the lowest rates, and sometimes they won't. Still, overall, Safeco's rates are lower than those offered by larger insurance companies.
You should also take a look at some of the programs they offer to help you save money. The Diminishing Deductible program is particularly nice: every year you go without a claim, Safeco drops your deductible by $100. They limit it to $500, but since most drivers have to carry a $500 deductible policy anyway, this is a great benefit.
Safeco also offer accident forgiveness. The very first accident resulting in a claim won't result in higher premiums. If you're a safe driver this policy might be great for you.
Personal Insurance Company RatingsPersonal Insurer Ratings:
- Safeco Insurance
- Safeco ATV Insurance
- Safeco Auto Insurance
- Safeco Boat & Watercraft Insurance
- Safeco Condo Insurance
- Safeco Homeowners Insurance
- Safeco Landlord Insurance
- Safeco Motorcycle Insurance
- Safeco Pet Insurance
- Safeco Renters Insurance
- Safeco RV, Trailer & Motorhome Insurance
- Safeco Umbrella Insurance
- Safeco vs Other Insurance Companies
The reviews and opinions expressed on this web site are solely those of the original authors and other contributors. These views and opinions do not necessarily represent those of the GeneralLiabilityInsure.com staff, and/or any/all contributors to this site.
Images on this site are copyright to its respectful owners. All product names, logos, and brands are property of their respective owners. All company, product and service names used in this website are for identification purposes only. Use of these names, logos, and brands does not imply endorsement.