Frequently Asked Questions About
Commercial General Liability Insurance
How much does small business insurance cost?
Costs can vary widely based on industry and are also determined by zip code and often payroll and/or gross sales. Request a free quote to get an exact number. (read more)
What kind of business insurance do I need?
Most business owners need General Liability Insurance at the very least. If you have any non-owner employees, you will need workers compensation insurance too.
What is a Certificate of Insurance?
A Certificate of Insurance is proof of coverage. It lists the type and amount of liability coverage you have and other policy information when a third party requests it. (read more)
Is business insurance tax deductible?
Yes. you can deduct the cost of commercial insurance premiums. The IRS considers insurance a cost of doing business as long it benefits the business & serves a business purpose.
Builders & Tradesmen's Insurance Services Reviews
Builders & Tradesmen's Insurance Services Reviews 2019 (Ratings, Complaints & Coverage). If you're a contractor, builder or a tradesman who is looking for commercial insurance coverage for your small business, there's no doubt that you are looking for the best possible coverage and the most affordable prices.
There are thousands of different insurance providers out there, and with so many options, trying to determine which company will best meet your needs can be tough. Builders and Tradesmen's Insurance Services (BTIS) aims to simplify the process for contractors, professional builders and tradesmen.
If you are a small business owner looking to buy commercial insurance, read Builders & Tradesmen's Insurance Services reviews to learn about their insurance offerings for contractors.
Check out Builders & Tradesmen's Insurance Services reviews, ratings, complaints & coverage for general liability, workers compensation and other small business insurance commercial policies.
About Builders & Tradesmen's Insurance Services, Inc.
Builders & Tradesmen's Insurance Services, Inc was founded in 1998 by Paul and Jeff Hohlbein. Initially, the pair built the company around a general liability program for Small Artisan Contractors and their goal was to simplify and speed up the process of finding insurance.
In order to meet their goal, the employed the use of some of the most innovative tools in the insurance industry, including an online price indication system, online quoting and bidding, and direct communication through email. They also offers some of the best customers service around. All of these things combined made BTIS one of the easiest and fastest ways to secure commercial insurance products. According to their website, this insurance company is financially stable.
BTIS is dedicated to offering their clients with the highest quality, most individualized, and most robust insurance products possible. They aim to provide their clients with a small business feeling and they believe that by having an open line of communication with their clients, they can build strong, lasting relationships.
They are also dedicated to providing the highest degree of service to ensure customer satisfaction. The company goes above and beyond to make sure that every single client that they serve has the utmost confidence when selecting their insurance products. The Builders & Tradesmen's Insurance Services reviews are above average on the Internet.
Business Insurance Products By Builders & Tradesmen's Insurance Services
The Builders and Tradesmen's Insurance Services offers a variety of business insurance policies to ensure that contractors are receiving the full protection that they need - at the most affordable price. Their commercial insurance products include Contractor General Liability, Workers' Compensation, BOP & Small Business Insurance, Inland Marine, Builders Risk, Excess, Commercial Auto and Contract Bonds:
- Builders Risk - This program provides Builders Risk and Course of Construction coverages for Owner/Builders, Contractors and Developers building or remodeling residential and small commercial properties during the course of construction.
- Commercial Auto - If you rely on vehicles to conduct any of your business, then a commercial auto insurance policy through Builders and Tradesmen's Insurance Services will provide you with the coverage that you need. Their commercial auto insurance policies are robust and provide the highest level of protection from any mishaps that may occur with your work vehicles.
- Commercial Property - You'll also be able to fully insure your commercial property through Builders and Tradesmen's Insurance Services. They provide policies that will fully protect your commercial space, including the physical structure and the contents within it, against certain perils, such as fire, theft, vandalism, and storm damage.
- Contractor Bonds - This program offers the following: Bid Bonds, Performance Bonds, Payment Bonds and Maintenance Bonds.
- Contractor General Liability - Through Builders and Tradesmen's Insurance Services, you can secure a robust contractor general liability policy. This policy will offer the most comprehensive coverage to ensure that your business is well protected.
- Inland Marine - For the equipment that moves on and off of your commercial property, an inland marine insurance policy can provide you with the protection that you need. This coverage protects any tools or equipment that you may move from job site to job site from things like theft and damage.
Specifically for contractor liability, for their Victory Admitted Contractor Program (lower risk) the following eligible classes include:
- Air Conditioning: Installation, Service & Repair
- Appliance Installation
- Carpet, Rug & Upholstery Cleaning
- Communication Equipment Installation
- Concrete Construction
- Conduit Construction - Cable/Wire
- Debris Removal
- Door/Millwork Installation
- Drywall or Wallboard Installation
- Electrical - Within Buildings
- Fence Erection Contractors
- Floor Covering Installation
- HVAC: Installation, Service & Repair
- House Furnishings Installation
- Landscape Maintenance &a,p; Gardening
- Metal Erection - Decorative
- OCP Costs
- Painting: Interior & Exterior
- Paving: Driveway, Parking Area or Sidewalk
- Plastering or Stucco Work
- Plumbing: Installation, Service & Repair
- Prefabricated Building Erection
- Satellite Dish Installation
- Septic Tank Cleaning & Installation
- Siding and Gutter Installation
- Sign Painting
- Tile/Stone Installation
- Water Mains Construction
And in their Victory Admitted Contractor Program, ineligible risks include:
- Construction management for a fee
- Contractors acting in the capacity of a General Contractor on new construction, as a builder, project manager or developer
- Exterior work exceeding three (3) stories in height
- Fire sprinkler installation or service
- Liquefied petroleum gas (LPG) equipment sales or work (incidental work OK)
- New residential construction of condominiums, townhouses, or "tract housing developments" in which more than ten (10) houses or dwelling units have been built or are in any stage of development, planning or construction
- No sign erection
- No sign painting over two (2) stories
- Painting of tanks
- Power line construction, burglar or fire alarm system, electrical machinery or auxiliary apparatus work (residential alarm pre-wiring OK with no hook up or monitoring)
- Public street, road or highway work
- Removal of any asbestos
- Risks engaging in the renting or leasing of equipment to others
- Risks engaging in the selling or manufacturing of products sold under the Applicant's name
- Risks involved in water damage, fire damage, or mold damage repair or remediation as the General Contractor
- Risks which engage in Maritime operations
- Risks which sponsor sporting or social events
- Risks with less than two (2) years of experience in the Applicant's trade
- Risks with more than $20,000 incurred losses (including expenses), or more than two (2) claims or construction defect claims within the past four (4) years
- Risks with operations not specifically listed on the program classification and rate schedule
- Risks with subcontractor costs greater than $100,000 or more than 50% of annual gross receipts
- Spraying, tree trimming, tree removal or tree pruning
- Swimming pool installation, service or repair
In addition to these coverage options, BTIS offers a variety of other policies that are customized to meet the insurance needs of professionals that own and operate small, medium, or large businesses within the contracting and construction industries. They also fully educate their clients about the products that they offer to ensure that every member insured is fully aware of their options and the coverage that their policies provide.
Builders & Tradesmen's Insurance Services reviews for contractors liability insurance are decent.
Builders & Tradesmen's Insurance Services Rates
The rates that BTIS offers are highly competitive. As you would expect from any insurance wholesaler, their rates vary and depend on the specific policies and coverage options that their clients select. The unique needs of each client also affect the rates of their policies.
However, they do provide fair and transparent pricing and will work with their clients to ensure the most comprehensive coverage at rates that will work with their particular budgets.
Builders & Tradesmen's Insurance Services Ratings Online
Following are some ratings found for BTIS online, which appear good:
- BBB.org - The Better Business Bureau rates them 1 out of 5 stars. BTIS is not BBB accredited but has a A+ rating.
- Facebook.com - Facebook rates them 4.5 out of 5 stars.
- Glassdoor.com - Glassdoor rates them 3.6 out of 5 stars.
BTIS's Contact Information
Address: 6610 Sierra College Blvd, Rocklin, California 95677
BTIS is a division of The Amynta Group, which is an industry leading group of warranty, managing general agent and specialty risk companies.
The Bottom Line On Builders & Tradesmen's Insurance Services Small Business Insurance
From the BTIS website: BTIS is committed to providing quality, robust, individualized products and the highest level of service. We ensure each client feels confident and secure in selecting us as their provider, and are dedicated to the success of our customers. By offering education and sales tools we allow our producers to be a trusted source for insurance that their clients, in turn, can rely upon."
More Commercial Insurance Company RatingsSmall Business Insurer Ratings:
- ACE Group
- Applied Underwriters
- Colony Specialty
- Fireman's Fund
- Hartford Steam Boiler
- Jewelers Mutual
- Liberty Mutual
- Markel Insurance
- Merchants Insurance Group
- Ohio Casualty
- Penn-America Group
- Philadelphia Insurance Companies
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- The Main Street America Group
- Utica First
- BB&T Insurance Services
- Brown & Brown
- Burns & Wilcox
- Contractors Edge
- Day Care Insurance Services, Inc.
- Jimcor Agencies
- Risk Placement Services
- USG Insurance Services
- Valley Forge Insurance Brokerage
The reviews and opinions expressed on this web site are solely those of the original authors and other contributors. These views and opinions do not necessarily represent those of the GeneralLiabilityInsure.com staff, and/or any/all contributors to this site.
Images on this site are copyright to its respectful owners. All product names, logos, and brands are property of their respective owners. All company, product and service names used in this website are for identification purposes only. Use of these names, logos, and brands does not imply endorsement.
Quotes from leading small business insurance carriers including: ACE, AmTrust, Chubb, Cincinnati, CNA, Colony, Employers, Evanston, Fireman's, Foremost, Guard, Hanover, Hiscox, Liberty Mutual, LLoyd's of London, Markel, MSA, Nationwide, Penn America, Philadelphia, Prime, Progressive, Scottsdale, The Hartford, Travelers, USLI, Utica First, Western World, Zurich & others.