American Family Business Insurance Ratings
American Family Business Insurance Reviews 2023 (Ratings, Complaints & Coverage). American Family Business Insurance has a long-standing history of helping their customers protect their dreams. For more than 90 years, this American-based insurer has been regarded as one of the most trusted insurance providers.
According to their website, "We're not like just any insurance company. At American Family, we're dedicated to inspiring, protecting and restoring your dreams — because we believe a dream is the most valuable thing you'll ever own. That's why we make it our mission to give you the support and inspiration you need to realize your dreams."
If you are a business owner looking to buy commercial insurance, read American Family Business Insurance reviews to learn about AmFam's products.
Check out American Family Business Insurance reviews, ratings, complaints & coverage for general liability, workers compensation and other small business insurance commercial policies.
Following are some of the answers to commonly asked American Family Business Insurance small business insurance questions:
- Does American Family Business Insurance Offer Business Insurance?
- What Types Of Commercial Insurance Does American Family Business Insurance Offer?
- How Much Does American Family Business Insurance's Small Business Insurance Cost?
- Are American Family Business Insurance's Commercial Insurance Reviews & Ratings Good?
Does American Family Business Insurance Offer Business Insurance?
Yes, American Family Business Insurance offers business insurance with a focus on small and home-based business policies.
What Types Of Commercial Insurance Does American Family Business Insurance Offer?
While AmFam focuses mainly on auto insurance coverage, they do provide several other types of products, too - and the American Family Business Insurance reviews are decent. Examples of policies they offer include:
- Vehicle - In additional to personal and commercial auto insurance, American Family also offers motorcycle, RV and camper, boat, ATV, snowmobile, and classic car insurance.
- Property and business - American Family Insurance offers a variety of personal and commercial policies, such as homeowners, renters, condo, manufactured home, farm and ranch, business, and landlord insurance. In regard to business insurance, coverage options include:
- Backup and overflow
- Business liability
- Commercial auto
- Commercial liability umbrella
- Commercial property
- Cyber liability
- Employee dishonesty
- Employee liability
- Employment practices liability
- Flood insurance
- Medical expense
- Spoilage coverage
- Workers' comp
How Much Does American Family Business Insurance's Small Business Insurance Cost?
The average cost of American Family Business Insurance's commercial insurance policies ranges from $33 to over $167 per month, and is mainly based on your business's: Industry, Location, Gross Sales, Employees and/or Payroll, Policy Limits, Endorsements, Deductibles, Experience & Claims History.
About American Family Business Insurance
AmFam's website says, "This world is made of dreams. Big, beautiful, exciting, look-what-I-did-here dreams. At American Family Insurance, we see this opportunity everywhere we look. And we believe everyone's dream is worth protecting. Watch to see what we're all about."
American Family Business Insurance has a long history, and to gain an understanding of the company, it's important to understand their history. American Family Business Insurance reviews are good online.
- 1927. Herman Wittwer, the founder of the company, launched Farmers Mutual Automobile Insurance Company in Madison, Wisconsin.
- 1930. National Mutual Casualty Company, which focused on providing protection for non-farmers, was established.
- 1933. The two brands – National Mutual and Farmer's Mutual – merged, and Farmer's Mutual expanded their services to clients in Minnesota.
- 1935. Farmers Mutual established State Farm Mutual Insurance Company of Madison, Wisconsin ,which rapidly grew to become the fastest-growing windstorm company in the state of Wisconsin.
- 1948. State Farm Mutual of Madison was rebranded Farmers Mutual Insurance Company of Wisconsin.
- 1950s. Through this decade, many changes occurred. In 1957, Farmers Mutual introduced sickness and accident insurance to their product offerings. In 1958, they started offering homeowners insurance and established American Family Life Insurance Company, which expanded to 10 states. In 1959, Farmers Mutual was one of the first insurance companies to go “digital”, as they adopted a RAMAC 305 computer, which sped up their application processing time.
- 1960s. In 1963, the company was renamed American Family Mutual Insurance Company, S.I., the name they still operated under today.
- 1970s. American Family started offering Commercial Lines and became the fifth largest mutual auto insurer in the US in 1975. By 1977, their 50 year anniversary, they had more than 2.3 million policies and more than 2,360 agents.
- 1980s. In 1981, American Family's assets surpassed $1 billion. In 1985, they established American Family Brokerage, Inc., which helped policyholders find insurers that would cover hard-to-place risks. In 1987, they developed a centralized CAT program to improve their efficiency with assisting customers who were impacted by catastrophic storms and natural disasters.
- 1990s. The construction of the company's national headquarters was completed and policyholders' surplus surpassed $1 billion in 1992. Two years later, in 1994, American Family introduced their unique catastrophe trailer.
- 2000s. In the new millennia, American Family continued to expand. In 2007, American Family Children's Hospital celebrated its grand opening in Madison, Wisconsin. American Family was the hospital's lead donor.
- 2010. During this decade, many milestones were reached. They launched their “Dreams Protected” campaign in 2011, acquired Permanent General Companies in 2012, added the direct homeowners insurance provider, Homesite, to their portfolio, in 2013, and in 2017, they celebrated their 90th anniversary. During this year, they were the fourth-largest Wisconsin company, ranked 315 on the Fortune 500, and had more than 10,000 employees and almost 3,000 agents.
American Family Business Insurance reviews on the Internet are below average.
What Industries Does American Family Business Insurance Work With?
American Family Business Insurance offers coverage for small businesses in a broad range of industries, including:
- Auto services and repair
- Retail stores
What Information Is Need To Get An American Family Business Insurance Quote?
AmFam's says the following information requested will help the quoting process:
- Detailed description of your business
- Your anticipated sales revenue
- Your anticipated payroll (if you have employees)
- How long you've been in business
- Building information
Are American Family Business Insurance's Commercial Insurance Reviews & Ratings Good?
Overall, American Family has received mediocre ratings. Some customers are highly satisfied with the products and services that they offer, and for a company of its size, has fewer customer complaints than would be expected.
American Family Business Insurance Services Contact Information
Address: 6000 American Parkway, Madison, WI 53783
The Bottom Line On American Family Business Insurance
The bottom line is that American Family Business Insurance reviews are fair. Whether or not you should go with them will depend upon whether or not their commercial insurance products meet your needs and you are comfortable with your agent.
More Commercial Insurance Company RatingsSmall Business Insurer Ratings & Reviews:
- ACE Group
- American Family
- Applied Underwriters
- biBERK Insurance Services
- Central Insurance Companies
- Colony Specialty
- Fireman's Fund
- Hartford Steam Boiler
- Jewelers Mutual
- Liberty Mutual
- Markel Insurance
- Merchants Insurance Group
- Ohio Casualty
- Penn-America Group
- Philadelphia Insurance Companies
- Pie Insurance
- State Farm
- State National Insurance Company
- The Hartford
- The Main Street America Group
- Utica First
- BB&T Insurance Services
- Brown & Brown
- Burns & Wilcox
- Commercial Insurance.NET
- Comparion Insurance Agency
- Contractors Edge
- Coterie Insurance
- Day Care Insurance Services, Inc.
- Embroker Insurance Services
- Huckleberry Insurance
- Jimcor Agencies
- Risk Placement Services
- Simply Business
- Thimble Insurance
- USG Insurance Services
- Valley Forge Insurance Brokerage
Best Business Insurance Ratings & Reviews
The reviews and opinions expressed on this web site are solely those of the original authors and other contributors. These views and opinions do not necessarily represent those of the GeneralLiabilityInsure.com staff, and/or any/all contributors to this site.
Images on this site are copyright to its respectful owners. All product names, logos, and brands are property of their respective owners. All company, product and service names used in this website are for identification purposes only. Use of these names, logos, and brands does not imply endorsement.