Employers Insurance Ratings
Employers Insurance Reviews 2019 (Ratings, Complaints & Coverage). Employers Insurance is for small businesses. While many of the other insurance companies that we have reviewed focused mostly on medium size and large businesses, this one particularly zones in on the small business.
Small businesses are in need of workers compensation insurance just like their larger and medium-size counterparts, but there are far fewer insurance agencies that serve them. Employer's is available in 44 states throughout the country as well as in the District of Columbia and they have been around for over 100 years.
They also have extremely solid financial stability and have a reputation for processing claims really fast. If you are a small business looking to buy commercial insurance, read Employers Insurance reviews to learn about Employers offerings.
Check out Employers Insurance reviews, ratings, complaints & coverage for small business workers compensation insurance and employers liability policies.
Following are some of the answers to commonly asked Employers small business insurance questions:
- Does Employers Offer Business Insurance?
- What Types Of Commercial Insurance Does Employers Offer?
- How Much Does Employers's Small Business Insurance Cost?
- Are Employers's Commercial Insurance Reviews & Ratings Good?
Does Employers Offer Business Insurance?
Yes, Employers offers business insurance with a focus on small business commercial policies.
What Types Of Commercial Insurance Does Employers Offer?
Employers offers small business insurance policies including: Workers Compensation and others.
How Much Does Employers's Small Business Insurance Cost?
The average cost of Employers's commercial insurance policies ranges from $49 to over $109 per month, and is mainly based on your business's: Industry, Location, Gross Sales, Employees and/or Payroll, Policy Limits, Endorsements, Deductibles, Experience & Claims History.
About Employers Insurance
The history of the company goes back to 1913. They were founded with a different name that they have now but had the same goal of working with small businesses and workers compensation. In 1913, workers compensation insurance is barely in its infancy, but there were a number of companies providing it. It had only been a few decades since worker's compensation insurance was introduced for the first time to allow them to receive treatment for injuries and avoid lawsuits and get them back to work quickly.
The initial name of the company was the Nevada Insurance Fund, and the reason that they were not able to start offering the type of insurance is quickly as some areas was that Nevada didn't legalize that type of insurance until 1913.
As new laws begin to be established that require companies to carry worker's compensation insurance for their employees, cost became more predictable and companies like Employer's that were providing workers compensation insurance begin to grow. The Nevada Insurance Fund began as an effort by the state to further workers compensation insurance and it eventually was appointed an oversight committee called the Nevada Insurance Commission. It was the Nevada Insurance Commission That eventually would become the company known today as Employer's Insurance.
The Employers Insurance reviews on the Web are mainly positive.
Employers Insurance Business Insurance Products
The offer a limited selection of policies due to the fact that they only provide a few different types of insurance - workers compensation and employers liability insurance. However, being in the business of providing workers compensation insurance for more than 100 years has allowed them to create a business model that companies really love.
They offer low-cost workers compensation insurance than most businesses cannot find anywhere else. They have developed relationships with healthcare organizations and others to provide the lowest cost possible and the most benefits to employees. Some of the other commercial services that they offer include anti-fraud insurance, loss control insurance, claims management, managed care services for employers and more.
Following is a list of industries the Employers Insurance offers workers compensation to - as you can see it is very extensive. (this is a long list!):
- Office Systematizer
- Tax Preparation
- Architectural or Engineering Firm
- Architectural Supervising
- Civil Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Automotive/Truck Service
- Body Repair
- Car or Truck Sales
- Inspection and Testing
- Oil Change & Lubrication
- Parts and Repair
- Repair Shop
- Upholstering or Top Installation
- Credit Union
- Financial Services
- Mortgage Bank
- Support and Clerical Services
- Technical Services
- Trust Company
Bars and Nightclubs
- Cocktail Lounge
- Sports Bar
- Child Care Center
- Advisory Rating Organization
- Clerical office Services
- Computer Programmer and System Design
Dry Cleaning and Laundry
- Cleaning and Dyeing
- Dry Cleaning
- Laundry and Dry Cleaning
- Laundry - Self-Service
- Laundry Supply
- Towel / Linen Service
- Audio or Video Equipment
- Calculators, Cash Registers and Adding Machines
- Cameras and Video Equipment
- Chips, Circuit Boards and Related components
- Clocks and Timers
- Computer or Peripheral
- Control Panels
- Electric Motors and related Components
- Electric Power Equipment
- Electronic Component
- Electronic Device
- Electronic Instrument
- Electronic Parts
- Games and Gaming
- Laser Cartridge Recharge
- Medical Devices
- Radio Equipment
- Recording Devices & Media
- Switch and Control Boards
- Telecommunications Equipment
- Testing Devices
- Wiring, Switches and connectors
- Bakeries and Baking Operations
- Canned Foods - Glass, Metal or Plastic
- Cereal or Breakfast Bar
- Chips, Crackers, Pretzel
- Coffee or Tea Products
- Condiments, Dressing or Sauce Products
- Confectionary Products
- Ethnic Foods
- Flavor Spice and Color Products
- Flour Products
- Frozen Foods
- Fruit & Vegetable Products
- Grocery Wholesale
- Meat, Fish or Poultry Production
- Pet Food Production
- Prepared Foods
- Salad Preparation
- Snack Foods
- Soft drink and Juice production
- Soup & Sauce
- Sugar Products
Restaurant and Food Service
- Buffet or Cafeteria-Style Dining
- Coffee Shop
- Doughnut Shop
- Ethnic Foods
- Fast Food Restaurant
- Fine Dining
- Ice Cream/Frozen Yogurt
- Juice/Health Drinks
- Pizza Shop
- Sandwich Shop
- Snack Foods
- Vending Machines
- Yogurt Shop
- Crematory Operation
- Funeral Direction
- Funeral Services
- Undertaking and Driving
Gas Station and Convenience
- Gas & Service Station
- Gas Station
- Gas Station & Convenience - Self Service
Hotel and Hospitality
- Bed & Breakfast
- Hotel & Restaurants
Installation and Repair Service
- Audio Post Production
- Automobile Seats
- Cameras & Video Equipment
- Clocks, Timers, Time clocks
- Electric Motor Repair
- Electronics Sales and Service
- Instrumentation - Professional or Scientific
- Kitchen/Food Preparation Equipment
- Medical Devices/Instrumentation
- Musical Instruments
- Office Machines
- Sewing Machine
- Telecommunications Devices and Systems
- Voting Machines
- Watch Repair
- Instrumentation manufacturing
- Medical Instruments
- Meter - Coin Operated
- Meter and Gauge Manufacture or Repair
- Scientific or Professional Instrumentation
- Court Reporting
- Law Office
- Addressing Company
- Direct Mail Company
- Letter Service Shop
- Mail Sorting Service
- Mailing or Addressing Company
- Presort Bureau
- Clinic - Outpatient Services
- Clinical/Medical laboratory
- Cosmetic medicine
- Dental Laboratory
- Dentist & Oral Surgeon
- Mobile Medical Unit - Cat Scan, Mammography, etc.
- Physical Therapy
- Speech Therapy
- Therapy, misc.
- X-Ray Services
- Automobile Parts, Components & Materials
- Brush, Broom or Mop
- Coffin or Casket manufacturing - Wood
- Cosmetic & Personal Care Products
- Culinary Goods
- Cushion, Pillow or Quilt Manufacturing
- Embroidery, Printing & Engraving on Fabric
- Fabric Bags, Luggage, Sacks, Satchels and Packs
- Fabric Products & Materials
- Feather or Flower Manufacturing
- Household & Kitchen Products
- Jewelry and/or Precious Stones
- Leather Goods Manufacturing
- Lighting & Fixtures
- Machine Parts & Components
- Medical Devices, Optical, Hearing, Prosthetics, etc.
- Motor Parts and Related Components - Electric & Fuel
- Musical Instruments, Related Materials & Accessories
- Needle, Pin, Hook or Eye manufacturing
- Optical Goods & Instruments
- Pet Products
- Recording Media - Tape, CD, etc.
- Sporting Goods
- Stationary, Pens, Print Cartridges and Related Office Products
Paper and Wood Manufacturing
- Containers, Packaging and Wrappers
- Cork Products
- Dowels, Spools and Rollers
- Furniture and Cabinets
- Games, Cards, Toys and Related Products
- Handles and Knobs
- Household & Kitchen Products
- Musical Instruments & Related Products
- Paper Products and Material preparation
- Personal Care Products
- Picture Frames and Related products
- Printed materials and Related Products
- Sports Equipment and Materials
- Stationary, Writing Implements & Other office Products
- Tools and Implements - Including Handles
- Window Shutters, Blinds and Related Parts & Materials
- Wood Turned Products
Personal Care Service
- Barber Shop
- Beauty Parlor
- Day Spa - Not Affiliated with Health Club or Swimming Pool
- Hair Styling Salon
- Massage Therapy
- Tanning Salon
- Film/Photography Print Shop
- Photographic Studio
Printing and Print Services
- Book Binding
- Book Printing
- Copying & Duplicating Services
- Greeting Card Printing
- Laser Printing
- Printing, Publishing & Binding
- Screen Printing
- Silk Screen Printing
- Abstract or Title Co.
- Advertising & Marketing Services
- Computer and Data Processing
- Computer Programmers & System Design
- Drafting & Blueprint Reproduction
- Film Exchange and Projection Rooms
- Graphic Design
- Internet or Web-Based Application Development
- Mortgage Brokers
- Office Machine Installation & Repair
- Parking Control Systems
- Scales: Counter Type - Installation of Adjustment
- Telecommunications Installation
- Video Post Production
- Real Estate Agency
- Billiard Halls
- Bingo Parlor
- Bowling Centers
- Clubs - Tennis or Racquetball
- Country Club
- Golf Course
- Skating Rink
- Yacht Club
- Apparel, Shoes, Accessories
- Appliances - Household
- Art Sales
- Arts & Crafts
- Automobiles & Trucks
- Books, Music, Video, Software, Periodicals
- Cosmetics & Personal Care
- Department/Variety Store
- Drugstore, Pharmacies
- Electronic Equipment & Supplies
- Electronics - Consumer
- Fabrics & Materials
- Furniture and Cabinets
- Good Will, Thrift, Used Clothing
- Groceries, Food, Beverages
- Hardware, Parts & Materials
- Health Related
- Home & Garden
- Household Products - Flooring, Fixtures, Drapes, etc.
- Jewelry, Watches and Related Services
- Movie Rental
- Musical Instruments - Retail, Rental
- Office Supply
- Pet Products & Grooming
- Photography & Supply
- Sporting Goods
- Tailoring & Dressmaking
Schools and Institutions
- Cosmetology School
- Kindergarten - Not operated in conjunction with Grade School
- Religious Organization
- Balls - Football, Baseball, etc.
- Packs, Knapsacks
- Sail Making
- Agricultural Implements - Not Farm Machinery
- Apparel, Shoes, Accessories
- Audio, Video Parts and Accessories
- Dry Goods
- Hardware, Parts & Materials
- Sporting Goods
Employers Insurance Glossary Of Workers Comp Terms
According to their website, "There are many different acronyms used in workers' compensation insurance policies and laws. Below we spell out and define some of the most common terms." These terms are used in their policies so are helpful if you are considering their workers comp and are reading Employers Insurance reviews:
- Average Daily Wage (ADW): The ADW is a calculation of an injured employee's average daily earnings and is sometimes used to determine entitlement to wage loss benefits following an injury, particularly where the Average Weekly Wage (AWW) would not be an accurate representation of the employee's earnings.
- Average Weekly Wage (AWW): The AWW is another method that may be used in calculating entitlement to wage loss benefits. The average earnings, by week, for a fixed period of time are calculated and wage loss benefits are computed according to that amount.
- Independent Medical Examination: In some situations, an employer or insurance company may want to have an injured employee seen by a particular physician to obtain an objective evaluation of the employee's health. An employee may initially be seen by a company physician, or a physician of their own choosing. However, if a concern or dispute arises over the extent of the employee's injuries or whether the employee has any injury at all, the insurer may be entitled to require the employee to appear for an IME with a physician of its choosing.
- Permanent Partial Disability (PPD): PPD benefits are payable, in most jurisdictions, to an employee who has sustained a permanent, but not total disability. Many state statutes have predetermined valuations for a host of different PPD injuries involving specific body parts or conditions.
- Permanent Total Disability (PTD): PTD benefits are available if an injured employee is permanently and totally disabled from work.
- Physical Therapy (PT): Many injured employees are entitled to receive physical therapy as a form of medical treatment to recover from work-related injuries. On forms, or in medical records, you may see a reference to "PT." That is short for "physical therapy."
- Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI): SSDI benefits are payable to disabled individuals through the Social Security Administration. Many state workers' compensation statutes have specific provisions that dictate whether an injured employee may receive both workers' compensation benefits and SSDI benefits at the same time. Generally, if both benefits are appropriate for the same individual, a complex calculation will be performed to "offset" the benefits so that the individual does not receive more money than they are entitled to from both programs.
- Statewide Average Weekly Wage (SAWW): The statewide average weekly wage is a computation of average wages paid to workers in a jurisdiction for a set period of time. It is generally used to calculate the minimum, and maximum, amounts of workers' compensation benefits that an injured employee will be entitled to receive.
- Temporary Partial Disability (TPD): TPD benefits are payable when an injured employee is able to work despite their injury, although at a reduced rate. The benefits are available only for a limited period of time, in recognition of the fact that the employee will recover fully in the future and will be able to resume full employment without a wage diminution.
- Temporary Total Disability (TTD): TTD benefits are available to employees whose injuries leave them totally unable to work for a period of time. The benefits are no longer payable when the "temporary" disability clears and the employee is able to resume working. In some states, if the employee is able to return to work at partial hours or at a wage decrease while their disability clears, (s)he may be entitled to payment of TPD benefits after receiving TTD benefits.
- Vocational Rehabilitation (VR): Vocational rehabilitation generally includes a variety of services that are offered to injured employees to help them return to work following a work injury. Vocational rehabilitation may involve transferable skills assessments, educational courses, job search assistance, and many other vocational aids. Vocational rehabilitation is sometimes referred to as "occupational rehabilitation."
Employers Insurance Network
The network is composed of offices that are spread all throughout the United States. There are very few states where this company does not have any offices or insurance brokers. Some of the states where they are not present at all include Wyoming, North Dakota, Washington, Ohio and anywhere outside of the Continental United States.
Are Employers's Commercial Insurance Reviews & Ratings Good?
Employers Insurance Contact Information
Address: 10375 Professional Circle, Reno, NV 89521-4802
Insurance is offered through Employers Compensation Insurance Company, Employers Insurance Company of Nevada, Employers Preferred Insurance Company, and Employers Assurance Company. EIG Services, Inc. (in California, dba EIG Insurance Services) is an affiliated agency and adjuster.
The Bottom Line On Employers Insurance
The bottom line is that this is a good insurance company that focuses on workers compensation insurance. They do offer a few other commercial products, but for companies that are looking for low-cost workers compensation insurance that performs well for their employees, this is definitely the insurance company to choose.
There are quite a few bad workers compensation policies out there, and it is good to have a company with an excellent reputation that is been around for more than 100 years for employers to rely upon. Employers Insurance reviews are good for workers comp.
More Commercial Insurance Company RatingsSmall Business Insurer Ratings:
- ACE Group
- Applied Underwriters
- Colony Specialty
- Fireman's Fund
- Hartford Steam Boiler
- Jewelers Mutual
- Liberty Mutual
- Markel Insurance
- Merchants Insurance Group
- Ohio Casualty
- Penn-America Group
- Philadelphia Insurance Companies
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- The Main Street America Group
- Utica First
- BB&T Insurance Services
- Brown & Brown
- Burns & Wilcox
- Contractors Edge
- Day Care Insurance Services, Inc.
- Jimcor Agencies
- Risk Placement Services
- USG Insurance Services
- Valley Forge Insurance Brokerage
- Verifly Insurance Services
The reviews and opinions expressed on this web site are solely those of the original authors and other contributors. These views and opinions do not necessarily represent those of the GeneralLiabilityInsure.com staff, and/or any/all contributors to this site.
Images on this site are copyright to its respectful owners. All product names, logos, and brands are property of their respective owners. All company, product and service names used in this website are for identification purposes only. Use of these names, logos, and brands does not imply endorsement.