The Hartford Insurance Ratings
The Hartford Insurance Reviews 2020 (Ratings, Complaints & Coverage). Founded in 1810, The Hartford is one of the largest investment and insurance companies based in the United States, with offices in Japan, Brazil, Ireland and England as well. Its headquarters are located in Hartford, CT. With nearly 30,000 employees and $2.1 billion in income in 2004, The Hartford was ranked 88th on the 2005 Fortune 100 list.
The Hartford specializes in a range of commercial and personal property / casualty insurance and financial products. Its commercial operations include auto, liability, workers' compensation policies, as well as group benefits and specialty commercial coverage for large companies. The Hartford also offers consumer homeowners and auto coverage. Hartford sells products through a network of independent agents and brokerage and The Hartford Insurance reviews are very good.
Check out The Hartford reviews, ratings, complaints & coverage for general liability, workers compensation and other small business insurance commercial policies.
Following are some of the answers to commonly asked The Hartford small business insurance questions:
- Does The Hartford Offer Business Insurance?
- What Types Of Commercial Insurance Does The Hartford Offer?
- How Much Does The Hartford's Small Business Insurance Cost?
- Are The Hartford's Commercial Insurance Reviews & Ratings Good?
Does The Hartford Offer Business Insurance?
Yes, The Hartford offers business insurance with a focus on small business commercial policies.
What Types Of Commercial Insurance Does The Hartford Offer?
The Hartford offers small business insurance policies including: General Liability, Commercial Property, Workers Compensation, Commercial Auto and others.
How Much Does The Hartford's Small Business Insurance Cost?
The average cost of The Hartford's commercial insurance policies ranges from $26 to over $109 per month, and is mainly based on your business's: Industry, Location, Gross Sales, Employees and/or Payroll, Policy Limits, Endorsements, Deductibles, Experience & Claims History.
About The Hartford Insurance
People know The Hartford for two things. The first is the imagery of a stag in its logo, which has appeared in numerous iterations since the company's founding. The second is its association with the AARP, the membership organization for retired Americans and high The Hartford Insurance reviews. The Hartford has been its direct property and casualty (home and auto) insurer for more than three decades. Following is a brief history of the company:
- On June 27, 1810, a group of prominent Hartford merchants, clergymen, lawyers and public officials got together and incorporated the Hartford Fire Insurance Co., which sold its first policy on Aug. 15. As a leading property and casualty insurer, the company was able to absorb losses that resulted from the Chicago fire of 1871 and the San Francisco earthquake and fire in 1906.
- In 1913 it was incorporated into the Hartford Accident and Indemnity Company to provide a wide variety of insurance coverage types.
- In 1970 The Hartford was acquired by ITT Corporation for $1.4 billion. The combined company was renamed ITT-Hartford Group, Inc.
- In the mid-1980s, The Hartford won a contract with the American Association of Retired Persons (AARP) to provide home and auto insurance for their members. That arrangement is still in place today.
- In 1997 it changed name from ITT-Hartford Group, Inc. to the Hartford Financial Services Group, Inc.
- In 2001, after the September 11th terror attacks, The Hartford paid over $850 million in claims and made several donations.
- In 2012 Hartford Financial Services Group decided to focus on property and casualty insurance, group benefits and mutual funds, and sold its wealth management businesses.
Hartford Insurance Products
Its products include; commercial lines which get great The Hartford Insurance reviews, Personal Lines, Property & Casualty Other Operations, Group Benefits, Mutual Funds & Talcott Resolution and Corporate category:
Commercial Lines - The Commercial Lines segment provides workers' compensation, property, automobile, marine, livestock, liability and umbrella coverages primarily throughout the United States - along with a range of customized insurance products and risk management services, including professional liability, bond, surety and specialty casualty coverages.
The Hartford Insurance reviews are strong for it's small business products and business owners policies (BOP). They include liability, property and business income all in one package.
Personal Lines - The Personal Lines segment provides automobile, homeowners and personal umbrella coverages. The segment has auto and home product offerings, including Open Road Auto and Home Advantage products. Within the Automobile policy, The Hartford insures day-to-day vehicles, as well as other vehicles like motorcycles, antique cars, boats, RVs, to name a few. Their array of coverage options includes usage-based rates; new car replacement; lifetime repair assurance; and vanishing deductible. Hartford ratings are average here.
Group Benefits - The Group Benefits segment provides group life, accident and disability coverage, group retiree health and voluntary benefits to individual members of employer groups, associations, affinity groups and financial institutions.
Mutual Funds - The Mutual Funds segment offers mutual funds for retail accounts and provides investment management and administrative services such as product design, implementation and oversight.
Talcott Resolution - The Talcott Resolution segment is comprised of runoff business from the Company's U.S. annuity, international annuity, and institutional and private placement life insurance businesses.
Hartford Insurance Claim Reviews
The Hartford offers fast, smooth claims handling with their claims service available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Their website offers the claims process overview. As with other insurance companies, the processing time depends on the nature of your claim, even as The Hartford promises a very quick response. You can track your claims by logging into the customer portal where you can view the progress.
Hartford Work Culture
Camaraderie is key to The Hartford's work culture. They inspire friendship and respect between employees at all levels of the management chain. Innovation and self-starting are valued qualities within employees. Ethics are also important at The Hartford, which extends from employees to customers to investors. The Hartford has been named a "World's Most Ethical Company" on five occasions from 2008 to 2012 by Ethisphere Institute.
Hartford Insurance Reviews
Here are some pros and cons from reviews about The Hartford's insurance products and services:
- Very strong financial strength ratings
- Customer-service oriented
- Reasonably priced insurance rates with discounts offered
- There have been some customer complaints of slow claims handling.
- Some customers have reported problems with billing errors.
- The Hartford Insurance Company is not accredited by the BBB nor does it have a rating by the Better Business Bureau. While companies are under no obligation to seek BBB accreditation, it does give customers a way to judge how the company handles customer complaints.
Are The Hartford's Commercial Insurance Reviews & Ratings Good?
The Hartford Contact Information
Address: 690 Asylum Avenue, Hartford, CT 06155
Other companies owned: American Maturity Life Insurance Company, Champlain Life Reinsurance Company, First State Insurance Company, Hart Life Insurance (Alpine Life Insurance), Hartford Accident and Indemnity Company, Hartford Casualty Insurance Company, Hartford Fire Insurance Company, Hartford Insurance Company of Illinois, Hartford Insurance Company of the Midwest, Hartford Insurance Company of the Southeast, Hartford International Life Reassurance Corporation, Hartford Life & Accident Insurance Company, Hartford Life Investment Products Services, Hartford Lloyd's Insurance Company, Nutmeg Insurance Company, Pacific Insurance Co, Limited, Property & Casualty Ins. Co. of Hartford, Sentinel Insurance Company, Servus Life Insurance Co (Royal Life), Trumbull Insurance Company, and Twin City Fire Insurance Company.
The Bottom Line On Hartford Insurance
For more than 200 years, The Hartford has helped people prepare for the unexpected, protect what is important to them and prevail through life's challenges and opportunities. Their success comes from being committed to doing the right thing, while adapting and reinventing to remain relevant and indispensable to customers. The Hartford insurance ratings are mostly positive and it's widely recognized for its service excellence, sustainability practices and integrity.
More Commercial Insurance Company RatingsSmall Business Insurer Ratings:
- ACE Group
- Applied Underwriters
- Central Insurance Companies
- Colony Specialty
- Fireman's Fund
- Hartford Steam Boiler
- Jewelers Mutual
- Liberty Mutual
- Markel Insurance
- Merchants Insurance Group
- Ohio Casualty
- Penn-America Group
- Philadelphia Insurance Companies
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- The Main Street America Group
- Utica First
- BB&T Insurance Services
- biBERK Insurance Services
- Brown & Brown
- Burns & Wilcox
- Commercial Insurance.NET
- Contractors Edge
- Day Care Insurance Services, Inc.
- Embroker Insurance Services
- Jimcor Agencies
- Risk Placement Services
- USG Insurance Services
- Valley Forge Insurance Brokerage
- Verifly Insurance Services
The reviews and opinions expressed on this web site are solely those of the original authors and other contributors. These views and opinions do not necessarily represent those of the GeneralLiabilityInsure.com staff, and/or any/all contributors to this site.
Images on this site are copyright to its respectful owners. All product names, logos, and brands are property of their respective owners. All company, product and service names used in this website are for identification purposes only. Use of these names, logos, and brands does not imply endorsement.