Florida Funeral Home Insurance (Quotes, Cost & Coverage)
Call to start your quote:
Frequently Asked Questions About
Commercial General Liability Insurance
How much does commercial insurance cost?
Costs can vary widely based on industry and are also determined by zip code and often payroll and/or gross sales. Request a free quote to get an exact number.
What kind of business insurance do I need?
Most business owners need General Liability Insurance at the very least. If you have any non-owner employees, you will need workers compensation insurance too.
What is a Certificate of Insurance?
A Certificate of Insurance is proof of coverage. It lists the type and amount of liability coverage you have and other policy information when a third party requests it.
Is business insurance tax deductible?
Yes. you can deduct the cost of commercial insurance premiums. The IRS considers insurance a cost of doing business as long it benefits the business & serves a business purpose.
Florida Funeral Home Insurance
Florida Funeral Home Insurance. Funeral home insurance policy is vital for businesses including funeral homes, which typically require coverage for a variety of costs including property damage and work-related bodily harm. On the whole, funeral homes require several insurance policies, each of which needs to be catered to your specific business.
No two funeral homes provide exactly the same service, and your commercial insurance needs might differ from your competitors. That's why each of these policies can be customized to meet your specific requirements. That's is why the smartest move a funeral home can make is to ensure they are properly protected with an-adequate Florida funeral home insurance policy.
Florida funeral home insurance protects your mortuary from lawsuits with rates as low as $47/mo. Get a fast quote and your certificate of insurance now.
Commercial General Liability Insurance
This type of policy covers any costs associated with a number of events including lawsuits, settlements, employee injury, or property damage involving a third party. If for instance, a mourner slips and falls inside your business premises; or one of your workers damages a customer's vehicle while going about their business, general liability insurance can help with expenses relating to property damage and/or medical costs.
The business itself needs coverage for property damage (i.e., to protect assets and fixtures inside the building) in case of a hazardous event such as fires, storm, theft, and vandalism. Your premises probably needs coverage for items such as:
- Office equipment including computers and other electronics
- Specialized equipment for embalming
- Business property such as coffins on display or for sale
Some businesses are eligible for a comprehensive insurance package known as Business Owners' Policy (BOP), which offers liability insurance, property insurance, and business interruption insurance in an affordable package. Discuss this with your insurance agent to find out what types of Florida funeral home insurance packages your business is eligible for.
Special FL Funeral Home & Director Liability Coverage
In order to establish an infallible insurance policy, both the funeral home and directors may require additional liability protection to boost your basic CGL policy and to safeguard specific standalone policies. This may include:
- Directors & Officers liability insurance: This is meant to protect essential decision makers in the business (e.g., board of directors) from any legal issues arising from misconduct or poor decisions. Without this form of protection, individuals in management position may lose their assets in a lawsuit if found to have done any of the following:
- Bad investment decisions
- Illegal hiring and firing
- Releasing confidential information to the public
- Failure to maintain property
- Gross negligence
- Conflicts of interest
- Professional liability insurance: It is not uncommon for funeral directors to be accused of negligence or error, resulting in financial harm to the family of the deceased. Regardless of the validity of the claim, your professional liability policy can help cover costs when proving your case.
Commercial Auto Insurance Coverage for Hearses and other Company Vehicles
Driving is a major part of the funeral home business, and businesses that own fleets of hearses, trucks, cargo vans, and passenger cars need insurance coverage for both the vehicles and the drivers.
- Commercial Auto Insurance: This policy covers a number of things including collision and comprehensive motorist coverage for commercial vehicles. Coverage is normally based on two things; the way your vehicles are used in the business, and the persons responsible for driving them. For individuals who prefer to hire or lease business vehicles - or if you and your workers use personal vehicles for business purposes, additional coverage may be required. FL commercial auto policies typically cover the following:
- Vehicles owned and operated by your business
- Vehicles owned or leased by your business
- All vehicles used for business purposes (this includes vehicles not owned, hired, or leased by the business, e.g., a personal car used to conduct business).
You can choose to list the vehicles separately on your auto policy based on each vehicle's characteristics and corresponding Florida funeral home insurance coverage.
Aside from the standard Florida funeral home insurance policy, you can explore other options with your insurance agent to find out ways in which you can protect your business and employees.
Worker's compensation insurance policy protects your workers from costs relating to illness and injury and is required for any non-owner employees in most states. On the other hand, a package such as excess liability coverage can provide additional coverage or supplemental liability protection, giving your business coverage beyond the normal limits offered by standard policies.
Other types of coverage that may be of interest include pollution liability insurance, employment practices liability insurance, and employee theft or crime. When shopping for the best FL funeral home insurance, discuss with your agent all items that may need coverage, and find a policy tailored to your specific business. Small businesses need a trusted advisor who will be able to guide them in finding quality, affordable insurance that shields them from the myriad problems that can arise at the workplace.
Additional Resources For Retail Insurance
- Appliance & Electronics Store
- Art Gallery
- Auto Service Repair
- Auto Supply Parts Store
- Bicycle Shop
- Book Store
- Bridal Shop
- Candy Confectionery Store
- Car Wash
- Carpet Store
- Clothing Store
- Collectibles Memorabilia Store
- Convenience Store
- Cosmetics Store
- Dry Cleaning
- Equipment Rental
- Funeral Home
- Furniture Store
- Gift Store
- Hardware Store
- Home Improvement Store
- Hotel Motel
- Ice Cream Shop
- Jewelry Store
- Luggage Store
- Music Store
- Nursery And Greenhouse
- Office Supply Store
- Paint & Wallpaper Store
- Pet Store
- Pharmacy Liability
- Plumbing Supplies Fixtures Store
- Scrap Metal Dealers
- Sewing Store
- Shoe Store
- Sporting Goods Store
- Stationary Store
- Thrift Store
- Ticket Agency
- Tobacco Store
- Toy Store
- Travel Agency
- Wig Store
Request a free Florida Funeral Home insurance quote in Boca Raton, Boynton Beach, Bradenton, Cape Coral, Clearwater, Coconut Creek, Coral Gables, Coral Springs, Davie, Daytona Beach, Deerfield Beach, Delray Beach, Deltona, Fort Lauderdale, Fort Myers, Gainesville, Hialeah, Hollywood, Homestead, Jacksonville, Jupiter, Kissimmee, Lakeland, Largo, Lauderhill, Margate, Melbourne, Miami Beach, Miami Gardens, Miami, Miramar, North Miami, North Port, Ocala, Orlando, Palm Bay, Palm Beach Gardens, Palm Coast, Pembroke Pines, Pensacola, Pinellas Park, Plantation, Pompano Beach, Port Orange, Port St. Lucie, Sanford, Sarasota, St. Petersburg, Sunrise, Tallahassee, Tamarac, Tampa, Wellington, West Palm Beach, Weston and all other cities in FL - The Sunshine State.
Also see Pennsylvania Funeral Home Insurance, New York Funeral Home Insurance, New Jersey Funeral Home Insurance, Kentucky Funeral Home Insurance, Delaware Funeral Home Insurance, Texas Funeral Home Insurance, Illinois Funeral Home Insurance
Quotes available in: California, Colorado, Delaware, Florida, Illinois, Kentucky, New Jersey, New York, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Texas & Washington.
Quotes from leading small business insurance carriers including: ACE, AmTrust, Chubb, Cincinnati, CNA, Colony, Employers, Evanston, Fireman's, Foremost, Guard, Hanover, Hiscox, Liberty Mutual, Markel, MSA, Nationwide, Penn America, Philadelphia, Prime, Progressive, Scottsdale, The Hartford, Travelers, USLI, Utica First, Western World, Zurich & others.