Project Management Insurance Minnesota Policy Information
Project Management Insurance Minnesota. As a project manager you're probably wondering whether or not you need business insurance. The answer is yes. And, yes, there is more than one option or type of coverage you can purchase. So lets look at the project management insurance Minnesota options, additional coverages, and what you should consider, based upon the type of project you manage, who you work with, and other factors.
Project management insurance Minnesota protects your business from lawsuits with rates as low as $27/mo. Get a fast quote and your certificate of insurance now.
Types Of Insurance For Project Managers
When choosing project management insurance Minnesota policies, there are a number of options as it pertains to type of and level of coverage you can buy. Among these are:
- Commercial General Liability - This covers third party bodily injury and property damage claims. So if a client falls in your office, equipment or other property is damaged, or other injuries ensue, you are protected with coverage for court costs, legal fees and awards.
- Professional Liability - Also know as errors and omissions insurance (E&O), this covers negligence claims. There are many areas that people can claim negligence on - whether they are real or frivolous. Professional liability is one of the most important coverages for project managers.
- Project Insurance - You first define the MN project's scope and then purchase this optional coverage. This project management insurance Minnesota coverage applies only work on a single project rather than to the entire business operation
- Workers Compensation - As a project manager you hire employees; these employees can get hurt and sue you. Your employer's coverage will protect you from these lawsuits, and pay damages, hospital bills, medical costs, and other expenses if an employee is hurt on the job. Plus workers comp is required by most states for any non-owner or partner employees and often contractually required.
- Equipment & Property - MN project managers typically have offices. If desks, fax machines, computers, or other equipment is damaged, lost, or stolen, this policy option will protect you from having to pay out of pocket to repair or replace these items.
- Protective Liability - This optional coverage doesn't have a standard form and limits apply separately to each project you are working on with a client. This coverage protects you against liability for injury or damage caused by independent contractors doing work on your behalf.
some of these are optional coverage options you can add to your project management insurance Minnesota policy. Depending on the type of project management work you do, the clientele you work with, who your employees are, and other factors, will help you determine what to buy, and to what extent to purchase additional protections.
Additional Project Manager Coverages
As a MN project manager, you can add on business interruption coverage as well. As the name implies, if a project is interrupted (due to weather, loss of profit, damaged equipment, etc.) you won't be liable to clients for these losses (or are covered to the extent to which you choose to add this protection).
Directors and officers liability coverage is also an option you can tag on to your project management insurance policy. If any member of your board of directors are sued, you are protected.
Another optional policy coverage term you can add to your coverage is consultants insurance coverage. Brokerage firms, financial consultants, and other specialists you hire, are an extension of your company. If they don't give great advice, a client might sue you. This optional coverage is going to protect you from these lawsuits, and liabilities which extend from the project or work for them.
MN Project Management Insurance
Of course each and every project manager will deal with different clients and projects. Cost of projects, equipment, and services you offer, will vary in each case as well. For this very reason, before you do purchase project management insurance Minnesota, it is important to consider all of the optional coverage terms you can add on to your policy. Of course you also have to consider how much you can afford, in order to ensure you choose the top insurance provider, for the coverage you ultimately choose to purchase as a project manager.
Additional Resources For Professional Services Insurance
Get informed about small business professional services insurance, including Professional liability, aka errors and omissions (E&O insurance), that protects your business against claims that a professional service you provided caused your client financial loss.
- Answering Service
- Armored Car
- Attorney Lawyer
- Background Music Services
- Business Consulting
- Chemical Engineers
- Civil Engineers
- Claims Adjuster
- Commercial Laundries
- Commodity Broker
- Corporate Wellness
- Court Reporter
- Credit Bureaus
- Debt Collection Agency
- Detective Agency
- Diaper Services
- Electrical Engineering
- Environmental Consultant
- Executive, Career & Life Coaching
- Executive Search Firm
- Expert Witness
- Financial Planner
- Financial Services
- Funeral Directors
- HR Consultant
- Inspection Bureaus
- Insurance Agents & Brokers Insurance
- Mediator - Arbitrator
- Medical Billing
- Music, Drama & Dance Therapy
- Office Machine Repair & Maintenance
- Piano Tuners
- Project Management
- Safety Consultants
- Speakers Bureaus
- Temporary Staffing
- Tax Preparer
- Title Abstractors
- Valet Parking
Let's face reality. People today are claims conscious, resulting in a significant share of malpractice lawsuits against professionals.
Liability resulting from the rendering of or the failure to render professional services is excluded in most liability coverage forms. This means that a policy covering a account's or lawyers' office will cover liability arising out of the maintenance or use of the premises, but specifically exclude liability arising out of the rendering of a professional service or the omission of such a service.
In addition to the professions in which actual physical or mental injury may be caused to clients, certain other professions are exposed to claims for malpractice.
Claims may be brought against lawyers, accountants, architects, and similar professional persons for errors or omissions in their professional capacity. Errors & Omissions insurance pays damages that might be awarded to a plaintiff alleging professional negligence.
Professional liability policies are made available to such risks, and these policies provide essentially the same protection as is afforded under the physicians, surgeons or dentists professional liability policy.
Minimum recommended small business insurance coverage: Business Personal Property, Employee Dishonesty, Accounts Receivable, Computers, Valuable Papers and Records, General Liability, Employee Benefits Liability, Professional Liability, Umbrella Liability, Hired and Non-owned Auto Liability & Workers Compensation.
Other commercial insurance policies to consider: Building, Business Income with Extra Expense, Earthquake, Equipment Breakdown, Flood, Computer Fraud, Forgery, Money and Securities, Special Floater, Cyber Liability, Employment-related Practices Liability, Business Auto Liability and Physical Damage and Stop Gap Liability.
Request a free Project Management Insurance Minnesota quote in Albert Lea, Alexandria, Andover, Anoka, Apple Valley, Arden Hills, Austin, Bemidji, Big Lake city, Blaine, Bloomington, Brainerd, Brooklyn Center, Brooklyn Park, Buffalo, Burnsville, Champlin, Chanhassen, Chaska, Cloquet, Columbia Heights, Coon Rapids, Cottage Grove, Crystal, Duluth, Eagan, East Bethel, Eden Prairie, Edina, Elk River, Fairmont, Faribault, Farmington, Fergus Falls, Forest Lake, Fridley, Golden Valley, Grand Rapids, Ham Lake, Hastings, Hermantown, Hibbing, Hopkins, Hugo, Hutchinson, Inver Grove Heights, Lakeville, Lino Lakes, Little Canada, Mankato, Maple Grove, Maplewood, Marshall, Mendota Heights, Minneapolis, Minnetonka, Monticello, Moorhead, Mound, Mounds View, New Brighton, New Hope, New Ulm, North Branch, North Mankato, North St. Paul, Northfield, Oakdale, Otsego, Owatonna, Plymouth, Prior Lake, Ramsey, Red Wing, Richfield, Robbinsdale, Rochester, Rogers, Rosemount, Roseville, Sartell, Sauk Rapids, Savage, Shakopee, Shoreview, South St. Paul, St. Cloud, St. Louis Park, St. Michael, St. Paul, St. Peter, Stillwater, Vadnais Heights, Waconia, West St. Paul, White Bear Lake, Willmar, Winona, Woodbury, Worthington and all other MN cities & Minnesota counties near me in The North Star State.
Also find MN local small businesses by General Liability Class Code and learn about Minnesota small business insurance requirements for general liability, business property, commercial auto & workers compensation including MN business insurance costs. Call us (612) 808-9866.