Illinois Church Insurance (Quotes, Cost & Coverage)
Call to start your quote:
Frequently Asked Questions About
Commercial General Liability Insurance
How much does commercial insurance cost?
Costs can vary widely based on industry and are also determined by zip code and often payroll and/or gross sales. Request a free quote to get an exact number.
What kind of business insurance do I need?
Most business owners need General Liability Insurance at the very least. If you have any non-owner employees, you will need workers compensation insurance too.
What is a Certificate of Insurance?
A Certificate of Insurance is proof of coverage. It lists the type and amount of liability coverage you have and other policy information when a third party requests it.
Is business insurance tax deductible?
Yes. you can deduct the cost of commercial insurance premiums. The IRS considers insurance a cost of doing business as long it benefits the business & serves a business purpose.
Illinois Church Insurance
Illinois Church Insurance. Insurance for churches include specific types of coverage for each particular type of church. Chapel insurance, cathedral insurance, synagogue insurance, and temple insurance are common and usually included in a wider umbrella of a specific church policy. Since church insurance is a specialty insurance type, not many companies offer this coverage.
Companies that insure churches offer both liability and property coverage with specific options that are tailored to the individual church's needs. Churches require unique coverage to protect them from liability in their particular areas of vulnerability. While some policies may include liability and property coverage as part of a standard umbrella, others may require that a church purchase separate endorsements for their Illinois church insurance policies to really protect them from a 360-degree viewpoint.
Illinois church insurance protects your ministry from legal liability with rates as low as $67/mo. Get a fast quote and protect your congregation now.
Types of Coverage for Churches
Around 63 million people attend church each week in the United States, which makes up around one-fifth of the population. Americans put a lot of emphasis on religion, with people who attend church trusting in the church to provide them strength and guidance. However, most churches have assets that they must protect from potential liability, so it is important to have a good church insurance policy in force at all times.
Some types of coverage that might make up your church's individual Illinois church insurance plan include:
- General liability. Most church policies include general liability insurance with basic protection for church attendees, employees of the church, church officials and any staff, as well as people who volunteer for the church. In addition, this type of coverage also handles expenses for ideuries that inflicted on third parties if they perform work at the church or on church grounds.
- Pastors and ministers liability coverage. This type of coverage provides insurance against liability for giving spiritual counseling. Some companies may require that the minister or pastor providing counseling services has a degree in divinity or theology.
- Liability for church-sponsored activities. Coverage for liability arising from church-sponsored. If your church is like most, you often host activities such as dinners, picnics, baseball games, or vacation Bible school. This type of insurance ensures that the church is not left with financial responsibility if a person is injured during a church-sponsored event.
- Fire insurance. Churches have the same perils as all other structures, but some more so than other due to the use of candles in ceremonies at the church. If your building or other structure is damaged by fire, fire insurance can help cover the damage up to your limits, minus any deductible.
- Cemetery liability insurance. If you also maintain a cemetery on your church's property, then cemetery liability insurance ensures that any claims for damage or liability brought by the decedent's family are covered.
- Daycare insurance. If your church operates a daycare facility on site, then this type of insurance guards you from the fallout of any claims against your church as a result. This might include failure to provide the specified service, negligent care, or ideuries to children enrolled in the program.
- Teacher's liability insurance. If your church is one that operates a parochial skull on its grounds, then this policy provides coverage against liability claims that might result.
- Employee practices coverage. If any employee of the church sues the church for discrimination, wrongful termination, or harassment, this policy helps pay for legal counsel and damages.
- Trustees, officers, and directors coverage. Cover the board of directors, trustees, and church officials from loss due to liability claims with this type of coverage.
- Auto liability insurance. A good commercial insurance policy and a hired or non-owned policy covers accidents resulting on the road in church-owned or privately owned vehicles. The hired auto policy covers private vehicles used for church business.
Protecting the Church's Assets and Property
All of these Illinois church insurance policy types can help ensure that the church does not suffer financial hardship if a claim is brought against it. These policies are different from usually business insurance policies and often must go beyond standard Illinois church insurance coverage to pay claims for loss of tapestries, stained-glass windows, special audio equipment, and more. These coverage types can provide the church compensation if it experiences loss due to theft, vandalism, falling objects, fire, and weather. Flood insurance may need to be purchased separately, especially if your church is located in a flood zone.
Beyond basic liability and personal injury coverage, some other specific endorsements that your church may wish to build into its policy include:
- Utility services interruption coverage. Cover losses related to the loss of utilities with this type of policy. For example, if the church's water pipes burst and damage its interior, then this insurance can pay for repairs.
- Personal property coverage for pastors. If the church houses the pastor, then this insurance covers damage to the pastor's property due to damage in a covered event.
- Equipment breakdown insurance. If the church's computer system, sound system, heating system, or other equipment breaks down, this coverage can kick in and pay for repairs or replacements.
- Personal effects insurance. If church members travel on church business, this policy pays for property losses.
- Inland marine coverage. Your church's property in transit to another location is covered by inland marine insurance.
- Key-person replacement insurance. If a key church director or pastor should pass away, this coverage helps pay recruitment costs for finding a replacement.
- Employee theft. This type of insurance rider covers embezzlement, fraud, and theft by bonded church employees.
Work with a seasoned insurance agent to determine which types of Illinois church insurance your church needs and which endorsements or riders make sense for the church's unique needs.
Request a free Illinois Church insurance quote in Arlington Heights, Aurora, Bartlett, Belleville, Berwyn, Bloomington, Bolingbrook, Buffalo Grove, Carol Stream, Carpentersville, Champaign, Chicago, Cicero, Crystal Lake, DeKalb, Decatur, Des Plaines, Downers Grove, Elgin, Elmhurst, Evanston, Glenview, Hanover Park, Hoffman Estates, Joliet, Lombard, Moline, Mount Prospect, Naperville, Normal, Oak Lawn, Oak Park, Orland Park, Palatine, Park Ridge, Peoria, Plainfield, Quincy, Rock Island, Rockford, Romeoville, Schaumburg, Skokie, Springfield, Streamwood, Tinley Park, Urbana, Waukegan, Wheaton, Wheeling and all other IL cities. Also see Pennsylvania Church Insurance, New York Church Insurance, New Jersey Church Insurance, Kentucky Church Insurance, Delaware Church Insurance, Texas Church Insurance, California Church Insurance
Quotes from leading small business insurance carriers including: ACE, AmTrust, Chubb, Cincinnati, CNA, Colony, Employers, Evanston, Foremost, Guard, Hanover, Hiscox, Liberty Mutual, Markel, Nationwide, Penn America, Philadelphia, Progressive, Scottsdale, The Hartford, Travelers, USLI, Western World, Zurich & others.