Contractor Liability Insurance LA Policy Information
Contractor Liability Insurance LA. Having contractor liability insurance is not a legal requirement. However, there are some compelling factors that make it difficult to run a contracting business without this coverage. Before we bring these to light, let's first describe what contractor liability insurance LA is in contrast to other types of commercial insurance.
Also known as commercial general liability insurance, contractor liability insurance is a policy that covers your business from the risk of personal injury claims, wrongful death, property damage, slip and fall on your business premises, and claims of infringement by other businesses. There are many endorsements out there that are tailored to suit different business settings.
Contractor liablity insurance LA protects your contracting business from lawsuits with rates as low as $97/mo. Get a fast quote and your certificate of insurance now.
Why Do You Need Contractor Liability Insurance?
You could be liable for claims against you if you choose an inadequate policy or one that does cover what type of ctracting you are doing. For instance - if a painter is doing both interior and exterior painting and only has coverage for interior and damage is caused when painting a home's exterior.
1) To protect your business assets: Without coverage, your tools, bank accounts, vehicles, properties and more are vulnerable and could be seized to settle claims in a court battle or in out of court arrangements. Remember, several businesses have been left bankrupt after their assets were seized. If you remain ignorant or knowingly continue neglecting general liability insurance, you not only risk immense losses but you could also lose your business altogether.
2) To have peace of mind while running your business: With a good policy, you can run your business without being anxious about certainrisks and incidents. To be precise, contractor liability insurance LA is seen as a survival plan in that you will continue running even if a court judgment is passed in favor of a party that is suing you. Besides, in such a case, the insurance company litigates on your behalf and pays for all legal defense fees up to your policy limits.
3) To win the confidence of potential clients: In this age when information is ao easily accessible via the Internet, clients have learned to research before hiring. They are being advised to check whether a contractor has insurance before hiring; without coverage, you are at a disadvantage against your competitors thay do
Types of Claims Contracting Liability Insurance Covers
To shop for right contractor liability insurance LA policy, you need to know what you will be covered and the limits to which it extends. Note that liability coverage protects you from third party claims:
- Bodily injury claims - If visitors to a site where your employees are working sustain injuries, you can use the policy to cover their medical expenses, funeral expenses in the case of wrongful death, and compensation for pain inflicted and lost wages. Like stated before, this type of contractor liability insurance LA policy covers claims by third parties. This implies that employees will not be covered if they sustain injuries while working. The policy also protects you from slip and fall cases by clients or visitors to your business premises.
- Completed products claims - You are protected against claims by clients who are injured or inconvenienced by services and products that you already delivered. To illustrate, if you install cabinets in a home remodeling project and they end up ideuring your client or a member of their household, you will be held responsible for the damage and the resulting injuries.
- Advertising claims - A general liability policy will come in handy in the case where business claims that you copied their advertisement or marketing techniques. Such cases often attract huge compensation penalties; you do not want to risk losing your assets or the proceeds you work so hard to generate.
- Property damage claims - If someone or a third party alleges that you damaged their property, they are eligible for compensation by your business if the court finds you responsible. Again, you will use your contractor liability insurance LA policy to settle such claims.
Tips On Shopping for a Contractor Insurance Policy
- Consider your limits: - In this context, limits refer to maximum amount an insurance company will pay out on claims. Be careful with limits and be sure you have high enough coverage. For example, if your cover has a limit of $500,000 and you happen to lose a lawsuit where the plaintiff is claiming $600,000 then the additional $100,000 will be out of pocket for you. Talk to an insurance broker if you need help determining your limit.
- Do you need deductibles?: - Deductibles can be used to keep your lower insurance expense. A deductible refers to the amount of money you would be willing to pay out of pocket before the insurance kicks in. It is important to note that most general liability insurance policies do have deductibles.
- Purchase from a A rated company: - Buy your policy from a A rated company. A reliable insurance company is described as one which guides you to the right policy instead of imposing something expensive on you. Besides, they should sell you a policy that does not harbor hidden costs. Research well and compare offerings by several companies to make a sound decision.
How Much Does Contractor Liability Insurance LA Cost?
This is a question most first time commercial insurance buyers ask. The obvious truth is, there is no set price or a standard. Your policy can cost you anywhere in the range of a few hundred dollars to thousands of dollars a year. It all depends on the risk involved and the size of your business.
Additional Resources For Contractors & Home Improvement Insurance
Learn about small business contractor's insurance, including what it covers, how much it costs - and how commercial insurance can help protect your contracting business from lawsuits.
- Air Conditioning Systems Installation Repair
- Appliance Repair & Service
- Blacksmith & Metal Workers
- Boat Repair & Dry Docks
- Boiler Contractors
- Builders Risk
- Building Cleaning & Maintenance Services
- Cabinet Installer
- Cable And Satellite TV Installer
- Chimney Sweep
- Cistern Contractors
- Contractor Liability
- Curtain Cleaners
- Deck Builders
- Door And Window Installers
- Dryer Vent Cleaning
- Drywall Contractor
- Electrical Contractors
- Environmental Remediation Contractors
- Fence Installation
- Fire Sprinkler Contractors
- Fire & Water Restoration Contractors
- Flooring Contractor
- Furniture Repair
- Garage Door Installer And Repair
- General Contractors
- Glass Contractor
- Glazier Insurance
- Gutter Installation And Repair
- House Cleaning
- HVAC Contractor
- Insulation Contractor
- Janitorial Cleaning Services
- Lawn Care
- Lawn Irrigation Sprinkler System Installation
- Oil And Gas Well Drilling Contractors
- Paperhanging Contractors
- Plastering And Stucco Contractor
- Pressure Washing Contractors
- Propane And Fuel Dealers
- Rug, Upholstery & Carpet Cleaning
- Sandblasting Contractors
- Security Alarm
- Septic Tank Cleaning
- Siding Contractor
- Sign Installation & Repair
- Solar Panel Installers
- Snow Plow
- Stone And Tile Installer
- Surety Bonds
- Swimming Pool Contractor
- Swimming Pool Service And Maintenance
- Tool Grinding And Repair
- Tree Surgeon
- Tree Trimming
- Tank Cleaners
- Upholstery Shop
- Waste Haulers & Garbage Collection
- Water Well Drilling
- Welding Contractor
- Wildlife & Pest Control
- Window Cleaning
- Specialty Contractors
The contracting industry is a field that involves a lot of risks, both for the contractor and for the clients they work for. This is why commercial insurance is so important for contractors. Insurance can protect contractors from a variety of potential losses, such as:
Liability: If a contractor causes damage to a client's property or if a client is injured while on a job site, the contractor could be held legally responsible. Liability insurance can cover legal fees and any settlements or judgments that may be awarded.
Property damage: Contractors often use a lot of expensive equipment and tools, and there is always a risk that this equipment could be damaged or stolen. Commercial property insurance can help cover the cost of replacing damaged or stolen equipment.
Business interruption: If a contractor is unable to work due to an unforeseen event, such as a natural disaster, insurance can help cover their lost income during this time.
Workers compensation: If a contractor or one of their employees is injured on the job, worker's comp can help cover medical expenses and lost wages.
Overall, commercial insurance is an important risk management tool for contractors. It can provide financial protection against a wide range of potential losses, helping contractors to stay in business and continue serving their clients.
Minimum recommended small business insurance coverage: Business Personal Property, Employee Dishonesty, Contractors' Equipment and Tools, General Liability, Employee Benefits Liability, Umbrella Liability, Automobile Liability and Physical Damage, Hired and Non-owned Auto & Workers Compensation.
Other commercial insurance policies to consider: Building, Business Income with Extra Expense, Earthquake, Flood, Leasehold Interest, Real Property Legal Liability, Accounts Receivable, Builders Risk, Computers, Goods in Transit, Installation Floater, Valuable Papers and Records, Cyber Liability, Employment-related Practicesand Stop Gap Liability.
Request a free Contractor Liability insurance LA quote in Abbeville, Alexandria, Baker, Bastrop, Baton Rouge, Bayou Blue, Bayou Cane, Belle Chasse, Bogalusa, Bossier City, Breaux Bridge, Bridge City, Broussard, Carencro, Central, Chackbay, Chalmette, Claiborne, Covington, Crowley, DeRidder, Denham Springs, Destrehan, Donaldsonville, Eden Isle, Estelle, Eunice, Fort Polk South, Franklin, Galliano, Gardere, Gonzales, Gray, Gretna, Hammond, Harahan, Harvey, Houma, Inniswold, Jefferson, Jennings, Kenner, Lacombe, Lafayette, Lake Charles, Laplace, Larose, Leesville, Luling, Mandeville, Marrero, Meraux, Merrydale, Metairie, Minden, Monroe, Morgan City, Moss Bluff, Natchitoches, New Iberia, New Orleans, Oak Hills Place, Oakdale, Old Jefferson, Opelousas, Patterson, Pineville, Plaquemine, Ponchatoula, Prairieville, Prien, Raceland, Rayne, Red Chute, Reserve, River Ridge, Ruston, Schriever, Scott, Shenandoah, Shreveport, Slidell, St. Gabriel, St. Martinville, St. Rose, Sulphur, Tallulah, Terrytown, Thibodaux, Timberlane, Village St. George, Ville Platte, Violet, Waggaman, Walker, West Monroe, Westwego, Woodmere, Youngsville, Zachary and all other LA cities & Louisiana counties near me in The Pelican State.
Also find LA local small businesses by General Liability Class Code and learn about Louisiana small business insurance requirements for general liability, business property, commercial auto & workers compensation including LA business insurance costs. Call us (318) 232-4100.