Plastering And Stucco Contractor Insurance New York (Quotes, Cost & Coverage)
Call to start your quote:
Frequently Asked Questions About
Commercial General Liability Insurance
How much does commercial insurance cost?
Costs can vary widely based on industry and are also determined by zip code and often payroll and/or gross sales. Request a free quote to get an exact number.
What kind of business insurance do I need?
Most business owners need General Liability Insurance at the very least. If you have any non-owner employees, you will need workers compensation insurance too.
What is a Certificate of Insurance?
A Certificate of Insurance is proof of coverage. It lists the type and amount of liability coverage you have and other policy information when a third party requests it.
Is business insurance tax deductible?
Yes. you can deduct the cost of commercial insurance premiums. The IRS considers insurance a cost of doing business as long it benefits the business & serves a business purpose.
Plastering And Stucco Contractor Insurance New York
Plastering And Stucco Contractor Insurance New York. If you are a NY plastering and/or stucco contractor, you have a difficult job on your hands. From repairing and priming surfaces that you are working on to ensuring that you are using the right materials, and most importantly, making sure that you are delivering the highest quality work, you invest so much in the work that you do.
On top of all of the demands of your job, there is another difficulty that you may have to contend with: the possibility of being sued. There are so many risks that are associated with plastering and stucco work, such as damaging the property you are working on or injuring someone in the middle of a project. Since someone taking legal action against you is a real possibility, it's important that you protect yourself.
Purchasing a plastering and stucco contractor insurance New York policy that is designed for plastering and stucco contractors is the best way to safeguard yourself and your business from financial loss.
Plastering and stucco contractor insurance New York protects your business from lawsuits with rates as low as $47/mo. Get a fast quote and your certificate of insurance now.
Why Commercial Insurance Is Important For NY Stucco & Plaster Contractors
Even though you are an expert in your trade, you have ample experience, and you use the highest quality tools and equipment, there is still a chance that something can go wrong. For example, what happens if the scaffolding you secure to a building isn't secured properly, or what if the stucco or plaster you installed doesn't properly adhere to a structure? In these types of situations, personal injury or property damage could occur.
Accidents can happen - even to the most experienced contractors. In the event that an accident does unfold, you could end up being sued and held liable for any injuries or damages. Legal fees, the costs associated with medical bills and repairs to a property, as well as any other compensation that a judge might award the party that sues you could be astronomical. Imagine having to pay for such costs out of your own pocket? You could be looking at serious financial trouble, and there's even a chance that you would have to fold your business.
Because of the risks that are associated with being a contractor, it's important to protect yourself and your business. The best way to do that is with the proper plastering and stucco contractor insurance New York coverage.
Stucco & Plaster Contractors Risk Exposures
Poorly installed stucco can cause many issues for your customers - and issues associated with stucco go undetected for a while and get worse over time. Synthetic stucco is commonly referred to as Exterior Insulating and Finish System (EIFS) has itsown issues too. As moisture penetrates into the porous stucco, it can ruin the plywood on which the stucco was plastered, damaging walls and threating the integrity of your customer's building or the health of those living inside.
Even though stucco is a very popular with NY homes and businesses, the number of stucco insurance claims has also risen steadily over the years. Many claimants have said that their buildings have had one or more of the following problems with their stucco installations:
- Humidity in the building increases, which can cause illness or damage to belongings.
- Insect infestations, like termites, ants and other insects start to damage the walls.
- Mold, mildew, or fungi growth on the interior walls or on window frames.
- Black mold may start to form, which can cause black mold exposure and black mold poisoning which commonly cause: chronic coughing and sneezing, irritation to the eyes, mucus membranes of the nose and throat, rashes, chronic fatigue and persistent headaches.
- Rotting of wood trim.
- Cracking of the drywall and cracking, peeling, and bubbling of paint.
- Cracking on the EIFS dressing bands around windows.
- Loss of structural integrity - rotting wood from exposure over time causes the building to become unsafe, and impossible to sell.
These are just a few of the potential exposures plaster and stucco installers face - all of which could lead to massive claims, legal fees and awards if you are found to be at fault.
Commercial General Liability For NY Contractors
Commercial general liability insurance is a basic insurance policy that covers a majority of the risks that NY plaster and stucco contractors face. Coverages that this type of policy offers include:
- Premises Liability - If you operate your business out of an office or a warehouse and clients or vendors are welcomed on the property, you can be held liable for any injuries that might occur. For example, if a client trips over a misplaced tool in your warehouse and breaks a bone, you are responsible for covering the cost of any medical bills that are associated with the injury. General liability insurance will cover the medical costs, as well as any legal fees that may arise as a result of a lawsuit, and additional damages that could be awarded.
- Products Liability - If one of the products you offer your clients is defective, you could be held responsible. For example, if something happens with the plaster or stucco and damages a property, you could be held responsible. Plastering and stucco contractor insurance New York will cover the costs that are associated with defective products, as well as any legal fees that could arise as a result of a faulty product.
- Completed Operations - After you plaster or stucco a client's property, there is a possibility that something could go wrong. For instance, stucco could crack, fall, and cause an injury. If the client sues you after you have completed your job, general liability insurance will provide coverage for legal fees, medical bills, and any other costs that may be associated with a lawsuit.
How Much Does Plastering And Stucco Contractor Insurance Cost?
The cost for this type of insurance policy varies. Commercial insurance providers take several factors into consideration when calculating costs, including the size of your business and the risks that are associated with operating your business. Additionally, the amount of coverage you will need, payroll and employee size can also affect the price.
Plastering & Stucco Contractor Insurance
Commercial general liability insurance is a must-have for plastering and stucco contractors. Speak to a reputable insurance broker to learn more about coverage options and costs.
Request a free Plastering And Stucco Contractor Insurance New York quote in Albany, Amherst, Auburn, Babylon, Binghamton, Bronx, Brookhaven, Brooklyn, Buffalo, Clarkstown, Clay, Colonie, Elmira, Glen Cove, Greenburgh, Hamburg, Hempstead, Huntington, Islip, Ithaca, Jamaica, Jamestown, Long Beach, Manhattan, Middletown, Mount Vernon, New Rochelle, Newburgh, Niagara Falls, Orangetown, Oyster Bay, Perinton, Poughkeepsie, Queens, Rochester, Rome, Rye, Schenectady, Smithtown, Southampton, Staten Island, Syracuse, Tonawanda, Troy, Union, Utica, Watertown, West Seneca, White Plains, Yonkers and all other NY cities. Also see Plastering And Stucco Contractor Insurance Pennsylvania, Plastering And Stucco Contractor Insurance California, Plastering And Stucco Contractor Insurance New Jersey, Plastering And Stucco Contractor Insurance Kentucky, Plastering And Stucco Contractor Insurance Delaware, Plastering And Stucco Contractor Insurance Texas, Plastering And Stucco Contractor Insurance Illinois
Quotes from leading small business insurance carriers including: ACE, AmTrust, Chubb, Cincinnati, CNA, Colony, Employers, Evanston, Foremost, Guard, Hanover, Hiscox, Liberty Mutual, Markel, Nationwide, Penn America, Philadelphia, Progressive, Scottsdale, The Hartford, Travelers, USLI, Western World, Zurich & others.