New York Garage Door Installer And Repair Insurance (Quotes, Cost & Coverage)
Call to start your quote:
Frequently Asked Questions About
Commercial General Liability Insurance
How much does commercial insurance cost?
Costs can vary widely based on industry and are also determined by zip code and often payroll and/or gross sales. Request a free quote to get an exact number.
What kind of business insurance do I need?
Most business owners need General Liability Insurance at the very least. If you have any non-owner employees, you will need workers compensation insurance too.
What is a Certificate of Insurance?
A Certificate of Insurance is proof of coverage. It lists the type and amount of liability coverage you have and other policy information when a third party requests it.
Is business insurance tax deductible?
Yes. you can deduct the cost of commercial insurance premiums. The IRS considers insurance a cost of doing business as long it benefits the business & serves a business purpose.
New York Garage Door Installer And Repair Insurance
New York Garage Door Installer And Repair Insurance. If you are thinking about starting up a garage door installation and repair business, there's no doubt that you have a lot on your mind. You want to make sure you choose the best name for your company, that you have a well-designed website, and that you employ the best professionals and have the highest quality products to ensure you deliver exceptional service.
There's one thing that you might be overlooking, however: business insurance. Commercial insurance is vital for any business, including NY garage door installation. It safeguards you, your employees, and your clients from any legal issues that may arise. There are a lot of options available for New York garage door installer and repair insurance, so it's important to have a firm understanding of the policies you can get and what they offer.
New York garage door installer and repair insurance protects your company from lawsuits with rates as low as $37/mo. Get a fast quote and your certificate of insurance now.
Do You Need NY Garage Installation & Service Insurance?
Garage door installers are professionals who specialize in the installation and repair of various types of garage doors for both residential and commercial properties. Not only do you install the garage door, but you also install other elements that are needed to secure the door to the structure, such as the frame, any hardware that is needed, operators, trim, handles, and possibly even windows. You also make repairs to garage doors that were previously installed in a structure.
Because of the complexity of this job and the heavy equipment that is involved, there are several risks that are associated with this type of business. For example, if a door is not installed properly, it could cause an accident that results in an injury to someone, or it could damage property.
In order to protect the financial assets that are associated with your business in the event of an accident, a poor installation, or faulty equipment, New York garage door installer and repair insurance is a requirement in order to own and operate this type of business.
General Liability Insurance For Garage Door Service
If you operate a NY garage door installation and service company, there's one type of insurance that you are going to want to have: commercial general liability insurance. This type of policy is the most basic form of insurance for garage door installation companies and it provides coverage for several things, including:
- Products liability: Under general liability insurance, any products you use will be covered, such as the garage door and the products that are used to install or repair it. For example, if there is an issue with the garage door after it has been installed or repaired, such as defective hardware that has prevented the door from opening and a client files a legal claim, products liability will cover the costs of the damage.
- Premises Liability: It's likely that you have an office for your NY garage door installation and repair business. If you do, you need to make sure that you are protected from any injuries that may occur on the premises. Commercial general liability insurance also offers coverage for premises liability. So, in the event that a client slips and falls at your office and sustains an injury, your insurance policy will cover the costs medical care, as well as any legal proceedings that may arise.
- Completed Operations: Completed operations offers protection for any issues with equipment that may arise after it has been installed. For instance, if there was an issue with the garage door frame that caused the door to fall on top of a customer after it was installed, the completed operations portion of commercial general liability insurance will cover the costs of any medical care that is needed, as well as legal proceedings that may arise.
Additional Insurance Coverage Options
There are other types of New York garage door installer and repair insurance coverage that you might want to consider purchasing for your garage door installation and repair company outside of general commercial liability insurance. These options include:
- NY Business Auto Insurance - If you or your employees drive vehicles for your business, having a business auto insurance policy is a good idea. Should an car accident occur, this type of insurance will cover the damages the vehicle sustains, as well as bodily injuries and damaged equipment within the vehicle. Also most commercial auto policies also cover theft or vandalism.
- NY Workers Compensation - If you have an non-owner employees on your payroll, you are likely going to be required to have workers comp. Each state differs regarding requirements for this type of insurance, but in general, it is meant to protect your company and your workers in the event someone is injured on the job. Accidents do happen while installing garage doors and your workers should be covered.
Garage Door Repair & Service Coverage Options
Work with your agent to provide information about your business and get quotes for your NY garage installer & repair insurance based on your specific situation and risk tolerance.
Request a free New York Garage Door Installer And Repair insurance quote in Albany, Amherst, Auburn, Babylon, Binghamton, Bronx, Brookhaven, Brooklyn, Buffalo, Clarkstown, Clay, Colonie, Elmira, Glen Cove, Greenburgh, Hamburg, Hempstead, Huntington, Islip, Ithaca, Jamaica, Jamestown, Long Beach, Manhattan, Middletown, Mount Vernon, New Rochelle, Newburgh, Niagara Falls, Orangetown, Oyster Bay, Perinton, Poughkeepsie, Queens, Rochester, Rome, Rye, Schenectady, Smithtown, Southampton, Staten Island, Syracuse, Tonawanda, Troy, Union, Utica, Watertown, West Seneca, White Plains, Yonkers and all other NY cities. Also see Pennsylvania Garage Door Installer And Repair Insurance, California Garage Door Installer And Repair Insurance, New Jersey Garage Door Installer And Repair Insurance, Kentucky Garage Door Installer And Repair Insurance, Delaware Garage Door Installer And Repair Insurance, Texas Garage Door Installer And Repair Insurance, Illinois Garage Door Installer And Repair Insurance
Quotes from leading small business insurance carriers including: ACE, AmTrust, Chubb, Cincinnati, CNA, Colony, Employers, Evanston, Foremost, Guard, Hanover, Hiscox, Liberty Mutual, Markel, Nationwide, Penn America, Philadelphia, Progressive, Scottsdale, The Hartford, Travelers, USLI, Western World, Zurich & others.