New Jersey House Cleaning and Maid Insurance
Frequently Asked Questions About
Commercial General Liability Insurance
How much does commercial insurance cost?
Costs can vary widely based on industry and are also determined by zip code and often payroll and/or gross sales. Request a free quote to get an exact number.
What kind of business insurance do I need?
Most business owners need General Liability Insurance at the very least. If you have any non-owner employees, you will need workers compensation insurance too.
What is a Certificate of Insurance?
A Certificate of Insurance is proof of coverage. It lists the type and amount of liability coverage you have and other policy information when a third party requests it.
Is business insurance tax deductible?
Yes. you can deduct the cost of commercial insurance premiums. The IRS considers insurance a cost of doing business as long it benefits the business & serves a business purpose.
New Jersey House Cleaning and Maid Insurance
New Jersey House Cleaning and Maid Insurance. If you offer your services as a house cleaner, you need to know the risks involved and protect yourself from potential liability. Lawsuits in the home cleaning industry are fairly common. For instance, a cleaning business was on the receiving end of a lawsuit when one customer claimed that glass became scratched during cleaning, leading to a lawsuit for $300K against the company. Serious legal trouble can befall your business if you're oblivious to the risks you face and do not take action to mitigate them - and that is where New Jersey house cleaning and maid insurance come in.
New Jersey housecleaning maid insurance protects your janitorial from lawsuits with rates as low as $37/mo. Get a fast quote and your certificate of insurance now.
A professional liability policy afford coverage for claims of errors and omissions. If you often give advice to customers about cleaning, you may want to carry this type of policy. If your advice ends up causing damage or harm, you may be liable. Work with your agent to determine if you need this valuable coverage.
Essential Cleaning Business Insurance
Housecleaning is a huge industry, and Americans spend millions of dollars each year on hired help to clean their homes. Most home cleaning businesses are smaller operations – which represents huge potential for liability claims from customers.
As the owner of a cleaning business, there are a number of different perils that you need to insure your business against. Any comprehensive New Jersey house cleaning and maid insurance policy should contain:
- General liability coverage for property damage or bodily injury to others.
- Auto coverage for damages resulting from the business use of vehicles.
- Worker's compensation insurance for work-related illness or injury caused to your employees.
- Fidelity bonding to cover employee theft from the business or customers.
In addition, your business may need an New Jersey house cleaning and maid insurance umbrella liability policy with additional limits for substantial claims.
Special Coverage for Home Cleaning Businesses
Many of the aspects of insurance for cleaning businesses are similar to those that all businesses need, but there are also special New Jersey house cleaning and maid insurance coverages that are specific to the cleaning industry. Since your job involves going out to people's homes and providing a service in their homes, the exposures that you face are unlike those of most other businesses.
For instance, if you or someone working for you causes extensive damage to the property of a client while working for your business, you are liable in most instances. The risk can be hidden; as an example, a laptop might be damaged that's worth a several hundred dollars, but the data on the laptop may be worth much more or even be irreplaceable.
Employee theft is also a big concern for NJ cleaning businesses. If an employee is accused of theft by the property owner, then you may be held liable for the cost of whatever items are stolen. A comprehensive New Jersey house cleaning and maid insurance policy can put these risks in a mitigatable format so that your business doesn't suffer due to the actions of those working for you.
Considerations for Cleaning and Janitorial Business Insurance
There are unique insurance and bonding requirements for cleaning and janitorial businesses. A commercial insurance agent can discuss your business' needs for:
- General liability insurance. Not all businesses are created equally, and your business has unique needs that your agent can help you address. For instance, businesses that carry only the minimum amount of liability insurance may not be fully protected, but some may be. Work with an agent to discuss the policy you need and the limits your business requires.
- Bonds. Janitorial insurance bonding for your business must be adequate. Standard fidelity bonds may cover theft from employers, but the bond must have a special endorsement stating such. This is due to the difficulty in measuring risk. Work with a seasoned insurance agent to handle bonding and ensure your bond is adequate for your situation.
- Commercial auto insurance. Getting to the job site requires commercial insurance on your business' vehicles. Even if you are using a personal vehicle, your personal auto may not cover damages to your vehicle or others when you are on the job.
Personalized Coverage for Your Cleaning Business
Your particular needs is the best way to get the right New Jersey house cleaning and maid insurance policy in force – one that works for you and your business and that protects you from the unexpected. Your agent can help you understand the subtle nuances of basic business insurance and the needs that your company has while helping you find the right level of coverage for you specific business' risks and perils.
Request a New Jersey House Cleaning and Maid Insurance quote in and all other NJ cities. Also see New York New Jersey House Cleaning and Maid Insurance, Pennsylvania New Jersey House Cleaning and Maid Insurance, Delaware New Jersey House Cleaning and Maid Insurance