CGL Insurance Wyoming Policy Information
CGL Insurance Wyoming CGL (commercial general liability) insurance will protect your small business from financial losses. These can range from property damage, lawsuits, advertising injury, or any other liabilities your company might have which relates to personal loss for a client or employee.
Non-professional negligent acts are covered under your CGL policy, so as a business owner you should understand what it covers, and how a CGL insurance Wyoming policy can protect your business.
CGL insurance Wyoming protects your business from lawsuits with rates as low as $27/mo. Get a fast quote and your certificate of insurance now.
Do I Need CGL Insurance For My Business?
You can be responsible for a number of occurrences during the normal course of business, which could result in varying degrees of financial loss. This is where CGL insurance Wyoming can help. From medical bills, to malpractice claims, to personal injury claims, you could be liable for these, as well as punitive and compensatory damages if you are found liable. Some potential issues might stem from:
- Slip and fall cases or a custom tripping and falling on damaged flooring within your commercial space.
- An employee which leaves water running and causes damage to a client's home.
- Misleading advertising, or class action lawsuit against your business.
These are a few of the many instances you can be found liable as a WY business owner.
What CGL Covers
Basically your legal defense and coverage of damages which stem from injuries or loss, should be covered by your CGL insurance Wyoming policy. Not only will this protect you financially, but will also protect your company in the event of a lawsuit. A basic policy will cover:
1. Coverage A - Bodily Injury and Property Damage: The property damage or bodily injury which stems from non-professional negligent acts, are covered under this section of your CGL insurance Wyoming policy. Mental injuries or distress claims might also fall under this category, even when physical injuries aren't present. WY worker's comp and employment practice liability are excluded under this clause. You can however purchase additional coverage for these protections. Pollution liability is also excluded.
Any high risk business entity should consider purchasing this limited coverage to protect themselves financially. Liquor, professional, and other liability risks might also be excluded (check with your insurer). An broker can assist you in choosing coverage options.
2. Coverage B - Personal and Advertising Injury Protection: Insured businesses are protected from personal or advertising injuries caused by their business; somethings which are covered include:
- Libel and slander claims.
- False arrest.
- Copyright claims.
- Entry/evasion of property or wrongful eviction claims.
3. Coverage C - Medical Payments: Personal injuries sustained by non-employees are covered with this coverage option. If an accident occurs in the business place, your company is protected to your coverage's extent. Even in the event of settlements you are covered, so this can limit litigation and attorney fees for your business.
You are covered for all necessary medical, ambulance, or surgical/medical care necessary for the injured party. No defense or legal liability coverage is afforded under this section of the CGL insurance Wyoming policy(as is the case with coverage A and B).
Choosing & Purchasing Commercial General Liability Policy
CGL insurance Wyoming can be purchased on its own or with a BOP policy or CPP (commercial package policy) insurance. It is best to discuss your options with an insurance agent prior to deciding. And, in the event CGL, BOP, and CPP aren't sufficient, umbrella (excess liability) policies are also available for businesses to consider.
Additional Coverages To Consider
Depending on the line of business, risks, and other factors, you might require additional coverage:
1. Director/Officer Liability - Past, present, and future directors and officers are protected with this coverage option. Wrongful acts committed by these persons in a profit or not-for profit business are protected. Whether it is an actual or alleged error, your coverage shields your business from liability. Misstatements, omissions, errors, or breach of duty, are all covered under policy coverage.
2. Liquor Liability - Covers your business from loss or damages which are claimed in the event your patron/client is intoxicated, and either injure themselves or another person. If your company sells or furnishes liquor, this is a policy coverage option you should invest in. You can purchase as an add-on or stand alone policy, but if not added, your general liability protection won't cover these damages.
3. Pollution Liability - Industrial, agricultural, and commercial property owners, managers, or developers, are protected with this form of coverage. Gradual as well as accidental pollution claims are protected, and assets from unforeseen environmental exposure which could affect earnings, are also protected. Pollution hazards which can lead to bodily injury or harm, are also covered under this optional coverage prong, as are clean up costs.
WY CGL Insurance
There are additional types of insurance that may be a good fit for your business. Your agent can then help you find the right coverage to protect you against those specific risks.
Additional Resources For Small Business Insurance
Protect your company and employees with the right commercial insurance policies. Read informative articles on small business insurance coverages - and how they can help shield your company from legal liabilities.
- Small Business
- Business General Liability
- Business Interruption
- Business Liability
- Business Owners Policy (BOP)
- Certificate of Insurance
- Commercial Auto
- Commercial Crime
- Commercial Package Policy
- Commercial Property
- Commercial Umbrella
- Comprehensive General Liability
- Cyber Liability
- Directors and Officers Liability
- Employment Practices Liability
- Event Cancellation
- Fiduciary Liability
- General Liability
- Home Based Business
- Independent Contractor
- Liability Insurance Certificate
- Liability Insurance
- Ocean Marine
- Professional Liability
- Specialty Directors And Officers Liability
- Specialty Errors And Omissions
- Specialty Excess
Businesses need commercial insurance to protect their assets, employees, and customers. It helps to cover the costs of potential accidents, lawsuits, and other unforeseen events that can result in financial loss.
For example, if a customer slips and falls on a wet floor in a store, the business could be held liable for their injuries. Commercial insurance can help cover the costs of medical bills and legal fees associated with the incident.
Additionally, businesses often have valuable equipment and inventory that need to be protected from theft or damage. Commercial insurance can provide coverage for these items in the event of a disaster, such as a fire or natural disaster.
Furthermore, businesses often have employees that can be injured on the job. Workers compensation insurance can provide coverage for medical bills and lost wages for injured employees.Overall, commercial insurance is a necessary tool for businesses to protect their assets, employees, and customers. Without it, businesses could face significant financial loss in the event of an unexpected occurrence.
Request a free CGL Insurance Wyoming quote in Afton, Alpine, Alta and Wamsutter, Antelope Valley-Crestview, Arapahoe, Baggs, Bar Nunn, Basin, Bear River, Big Horn, Big Piney, Boulder Flats, Buffalo, Burlington, Byron, Casper, Casper Mountain, Cheyenne, Clearview Acres, Cody, Cokeville, Cowley, Dayton, Diamondville, Douglas, Dubois, Encampment, Ethete, Evanston, Evansville, Fort Washakie, Fox Farm-College, Freedom, Gillette, Glenrock, Green River, Greybull, Guernsey, Hanna, Hartrandt, Hoback, Hudson, Hulett, Jackson, James Town, Kemmerer, La Grange, Lander, Laramie, Lingle, Lovell, Lucerne, Lusk, Lyman, Marbleton, Meeteetse, Midwest, Mills, Moorcroft, Moose Wilson Road, Mountain View town, Newcastle, Nordic, North Rock Springs, Pine Bluffs, Pine Haven, Pinedale, Powell, Purple Sage, Rafter J Ranch, Ralston, Ranchester, Ranchettes, Rawlins, Red Butte, Reliance, Riverton, Rock Springs, Rolling Hills, Saratoga, Sheridan, Shoshoni, Sinclair, Sleepy Hollow, South Greeley, South Park, Star Valley Ranch, Story, Sundance, Thayne, Thermopolis, Torrington, Upton, Urie and La Barge, Vista West, Warren AFB, Wheatland, Wilson, Worland, Wright and all other WY cities & Wyoming counties near me in The Equality State.
Also find WY local small businesses by General Liability Class Code and learn about Wyoming small business insurance requirements for general liability, business property, commercial auto & workers compensation including WY business insurance costs. Call us (307) 215-0090.