Cemetery Insurance Illinois (Quotes, Cost & Coverage)
Call to start your quote:
Frequently Asked Questions About
Commercial General Liability Insurance
How much does commercial insurance cost?
Costs can vary widely based on industry and are also determined by zip code and often payroll and/or gross sales. Request a free quote to get an exact number.
What kind of business insurance do I need?
Most business owners need General Liability Insurance at the very least. If you have any non-owner employees, you will need workers compensation insurance too.
What is a Certificate of Insurance?
A Certificate of Insurance is proof of coverage. It lists the type and amount of liability coverage you have and other policy information when a third party requests it.
Is business insurance tax deductible?
Yes. you can deduct the cost of commercial insurance premiums. The IRS considers insurance a cost of doing business as long it benefits the business & serves a business purpose.
Cemetery Insurance Illinois
Cemetery Insurance Illinois. It may not seem like a place that is as somber as a cemetery would be at risk of legal issues, but the truth is, they are. There are several unique challenges and risks that the owner of a cemetery can face, and these challenges and risks have the potential to cause serious financial and professional harm.
As a IL cemetery owner, your top priority is to make the people you work with feel comforted during their darkest hours and as they visit your property to pay respects to their loved ones. However, a single injury on your site or an incident that involves providing poor service can do serious damage to your reputation and your business. Furthermore, your property is susceptible to things like vandalism, fires, floods, and even theft - just like any other business.
In order to safeguard yourself and your business from the potential travesties that can arise, having the right cemetery insurance Illinois coverage is vital. From property to liability coverage, find out what type of insurance protection you need.
Cemetery insurance Illinois protects your business from lawsuits with rates as low as $57/mo. Get a fast quote and your certificate of insurance now.
Commercial Property Insurance For Cemeteries
Though your business is quite unique, the property faces many of the same risks that other types of business properties face. Risks include damage as a result of weather-related events, fires, vandalism, and more. Should a gravestone in your cemetery be vandalized or a strong wind knock down a fence, you are responsible for paying for the repairs.
Repairs to your business' property can be exhaustively expensive. That's why it's important to have commercial property insurance coverage. This policy will cover the cost of repairing or replacing anything on your property that has been damaged as a result of weather-related events, fires, vandalism, and more. It can help you avoid having to spend a tremendous amount of money out of your own pocket. And since the property of a cemetery is constantly exposed to various threats, paying to repair or replace damages can cause serious financial distress.
Liability Insurance For Cemeteries
As a IL cemetery owner, you are legally liable for anything that happens on your property. However, even if you have property insurance, it won't cover situations that are related to liability claims. For instance, slips and falls, damage to other people's property, and failure to deliver a service that you promised are things that your property insurance will not cover. That's why it's important for you to also invest in liability insurance. There are two types of liability policies cemetery owners should carry. Some of the most important include:
- Commercial General Liability Insurance. This policy will protect you from any personal injury or property damage claims. For instance, if someone slips and falls while visiting your cemetery and sustains an injury or a piece of equipment damages someone's vehicle, you would be held legally responsible and would have to cover the cost of any damages. A commercial generally liability insurance policy will help you avoid having to pay for those damages out of your own pocket.
- Professional Liability Insurance. Also known as errors and omissions insurance, this type of policy can help you cover cost associated with lawsuits that may be filed against you if you make a professional mistake or an oversight, or if you fail to deliver a service that you promised. For example, if you failed to have a cemetery plot prepared before the time that a burial was arranged, you could be sued. Your E&O insurance could cover the cost of the lawsuit.
Other Types of Insurance Coverage For Cemeteries
Some other types of cemetery insurance Illinois coverage cemeteries should consider investing in include:
- Workers Compensation. If one of your employees sustains a work-related injury or illness, this type of insurance policy will cover medical costs of the injury and more.
- Business Auto. If you use vehicles for any type of transportation, such as hearses and limousines, business auto insurance is highly recommended.
- Business Interruption. If you are forced to close down temporarily, you could lose a substantial amount of business and money. A business interruption insurance policy will cover losses if your business is interrupted for some reason.
Crematories also need commercial insurance in the event that someone is injured on the property, or if an error or other problem occurs during the cremation process. Families can sue crematories for a many reasons. What if remains were improperly handled? What if you do not handle a deceased person's remains according to the family's wishes? There is a big legal exposure.
IL cemeteries are their own unique businesses, and owners of these businesses can face several legal risks. That's why it's important to make sure you are properly protected with the right type of insurance coverage.
Request a free Cemetery Insurance Illinois quote in Arlington Heights, Aurora, Bartlett, Belleville, Berwyn, Bloomington, Bolingbrook, Buffalo Grove, Carol Stream, Carpentersville, Champaign, Chicago, Cicero, Crystal Lake, DeKalb, Decatur, Des Plaines, Downers Grove, Elgin, Elmhurst, Evanston, Glenview, Hanover Park, Hoffman Estates, Joliet, Lombard, Moline, Mount Prospect, Naperville, Normal, Oak Lawn, Oak Park, Orland Park, Palatine, Park Ridge, Peoria, Plainfield, Quincy, Rock Island, Rockford, Romeoville, Schaumburg, Skokie, Springfield, Streamwood, Tinley Park, Urbana, Waukegan, Wheaton, Wheeling and all other IL cities. Also see Cemetery Insurance Delaware, Cemetery Insurance Pennsylvania, Cemetery Insurance New York, Cemetery Insurance New Jersey, Cemetery Insurance Kentucky, Cemetery Insurance Texas, Cemetery Insurance California
Quotes from leading small business insurance carriers including: ACE, AmTrust, Chubb, Cincinnati, CNA, Colony, Employers, Evanston, Foremost, Guard, Hanover, Hiscox, Liberty Mutual, Markel, Nationwide, Penn America, Philadelphia, Progressive, Scottsdale, The Hartford, Travelers, USLI, Western World, Zurich & others.