California Home-Based Business Insurance (Quotes, Cost & Coverage)
Call to start your quote:
Frequently Asked Questions About
Commercial General Liability Insurance
How much does commercial insurance cost?
Costs can vary widely based on industry and are also determined by zip code and often payroll and/or gross sales. Request a free quote to get an exact number.
What kind of business insurance do I need?
Most business owners need General Liability Insurance at the very least. If you have any non-owner employees, you will need workers compensation insurance too.
What is a Certificate of Insurance?
A Certificate of Insurance is proof of coverage. It lists the type and amount of liability coverage you have and other policy information when a third party requests it.
Is business insurance tax deductible?
Yes. you can deduct the cost of commercial insurance premiums. The IRS considers insurance a cost of doing business as long it benefits the business & serves a business purpose.
California Home-Based Business Insurance
California Home-Based Business Insurance. More and more people are discovering the benefits of owning their own home-based businesses. Many people edeoy small in-home businesses because it allows them to work part time, arranging their schedules around the needs of their children or other jobs.
Other people may decide to go into business full time. No matter the type of business, California home-based business insurance is an essential and smart component required for businesses of all sizes. Just because you are home based doesn't mean that someone won't sue you!
California home-based business insurance protects you from lawsuits with rates as low as $37/mo. Get a fast quote and your certificate of insurance now.
Business insurance policies protect small California home-based businesses from damage or loss of equipment and merchandise and from the fallout of potential claims of liability against the business.
There are roughly 38 million businesses operated out of people's homes across the United States. Every 12 seconds, a new business starts up, and around 7 out of 10 businesses based out of the home are operations three years down the road. There is more than $425 billion dollars in revenue generated by U.S. businesses each year. Around 2 out of 10 home businesses take in more than $100K per year.
What Are Some Insurance Coverage Types For CA Home-Based Businesses?
Just as there are a vast array of home-based businesses, there are a number of different avenues for getting business insurance coverage. Some of the most common are:
- Renters or homeowners policies. The purchase of an addendum on a renters or homeowners policy is often all the coverage a true small home-based business needs. For CA small businesses that do not have a lot of inventory or equipment that requires coverage, this may be the best route. Oftentimes businesses of this nature can find coverage for just a few dollars a month with a rider on their basic renters or homeowners policy. However, this type of coverage does not afford the business any protection from liabilities, so if the business is one that may face liability claims, this option may not be sufficient for their needs.
- Home business policies. For medium-sized CA home-based businesses with assets from $2,500 to $10K or for businesses that may face claims for ideuries, poor work quality, or property damage, a California home-based business insurance policy is an essential purchase. Usually very affordable, this policy provides around $10K in coverage for property and $1 million in coverage for liability claims.
- Commercial insurance policies. A CA commercial insurance policy is the right policy for large home-based business ventures that require a substantial coverage level for many assets. This type of policy usually offers several options when it comes to liability protection, including negligence and malpractice insurance. It may afford millions of dollars to cover property damage or loss.
Why Does Your Home-Based Business Need Insurance Coverage?
Business insurance policies protect home-based businesses in CA from financial loss. Although risks vary widely according to the industry in which you do business, some potentials for loss include:
- Damage to a substantial amount of inventory stored at home. Damage may result from fire or theft, with the potential to cost the business owner a great deal of money.
- Claims against the business for a client's financial loss due to “errors and omissions” on the part of the small business.
- Claims arising from illness or injury as a result of a product your business demonstrates or showcases.
- Claims against the business brought about by damage you or employees do to a client's property.
These are just a few scenarios. There are an unlimited number of ways that CA businesses may find themselves on the receiving end of a lawsuit or claim, and business insurance provides a buffer for the business to prevent financial ruin.
What Coverage Does California Home-Based Insurance Provide?
Although policies vary and are customizable based on the business' needs, most provide for:
- Liability. Liability coverage guards against loss due to liability claims against the CA home-based business. Liability coverage amounts range from $300K to $1 million.
- Property coverage. Home-based business property coverage shields the business from damage or loss to business equipment and other assets.
- Loss of income coverage. This protection helps the business maintain its finances in the event of a work stoppage. Policies generally provide the money needed to pay employees and handle the business' bills for a year.
- Directors and officers liability coverage. When an officer or director of a company is named in a legal suit, D&O, or directors and officers coverages, protects the company from liability.
Other coverage may be available, dependent on the home based business' needs.
Request a free Home-Based Business Insurance California quote in Anaheim, Bakersfield, Chula Vista, Concord, Corona, Elk Grove, Escondido, Fontana, Fremont, Fresno, Fullerton, Garden Grove, Glendale, Hayward, Huntington Beach, Irvine, Lancaster, Long Beach, Los Angeles, Modesto, Moreno Valley, Oakland, Oceanside, Ontario, Orange, Oxnard, Palmdale, Pasadena, Pomona, Rancho Cucamonga, Riverside, Roseville, Sacramento, Salinas, San Bernardino, San Diego, San Francisco, San Jose, Santa Ana, Santa Clara, Santa Clarita, Santa Rosa, Simi Valley, Stockton, Sunnyvale, Thousand Oaks, Torrance, Vallejo, Victorville, Visalia and all other CA cities. Also see Pennsylvania Home-Based Insurance, New York Home-Based Insurance, New Jersey Home-Based Insurance, Kentucky Home-Based Insurance, Delaware Home-Based Insurance, Texas Home-Based Insurance
Quotes from leading small business insurance carriers including: ACE, AmTrust, Builders & Tradesmen's, Chubb, CNA, Employers, Foremost, Guard, Hiscox, Liberty Mutual, Markel, Nationwide, Penn America, Philadelphia, Progressive, Scottsdale, The Hartford, Travelers, USLI, Western World, Zurich & others.