Real Estate Agents Insurance New York
Call to start your quote:
Frequently Asked Questions About
Commercial General Liability Insurance
How much does commercial insurance cost?
Costs can vary widely based on industry and are also determined by zip code and often payroll and/or gross sales. Request a free quote to get an exact number.
What kind of business insurance do I need?
Most business owners need General Liability Insurance at the very least. If you have any non-owner employees, you will need workers compensation insurance too.
What is a Certificate of Insurance?
A Certificate of Insurance is proof of coverage. It lists the type and amount of liability coverage you have and other policy information when a third party requests it.
Is business insurance tax deductible?
Yes. you can deduct the cost of commercial insurance premiums. The IRS considers insurance a cost of doing business as long it benefits the business & serves a business purpose.
Real Estate Agents Insurance New York
Real Estate Agents Insurance New York. If you are a real estate agent, you are not immune from liability during the course of your business’ operations, even if you work from home. A business owner’s policy, or BOP policy, provides the protection you need to face lawsuits and claims against your business without sacrificing your business’ reputation and finances. In your line of work, you likely face specific risks, including property damage, data loss, employee errors, and accidents. With a business owner’s or real Estate Agents insurance New York BOP policy, you can mitigate those risks and protect your business’ assets.
Real estate agents insurance New York protects your office from lawsuits with rates as low as $27/mo. Get a fast quote and your certificate of insurance now.
What Can a Business Owner’s Policy Do For Your Business?
This real estate agents insurance New York combines three basic coverage types into one policy, making it easy to choose the coverage level that your business needs and stay protected without a lot of research into specific policy types. As a real estate agent, you likely know that you face inherent perils every day. You may damage a client’s home while showing it, or a customer may walk into your office and trip over a throw rug. Finding the right level of insurance protection for your business while avoiding unnecessary coverage is a smart move and a big part of running a successful real estate business. With a BOP policy for your real estate business, you can enjoy the benefits of three necessary business insurance policies in one streamlined package. The most common coverage types included in most BOP policies are:
- Liability coverage. Protect yourself from liability in your own building or when you’re showing properties to others with this type of coverage, which comes standard in most BOP policies. This coverage protects you from lawsuits arising from injuries caused to clients and employees during the course of operations. For example, if a client in your office for a meeting falls in your place of business and breaks a leg, this policy protects you from any liability claims arising from the event.
- Business property damage coverage. If your business or any of your furnishings and equipment are damaged due to a covered peril – such as a tornado or fire – then this policy helps you replace the lost items.
- - Loss of business income. When your business is forced to shutter its doors due to a covered event, this policy type pays for the lost revenue your business would have received if it were operational. For example, if the wind tears your roof off, forcing you to close for repairs, then the amount of income you lose as a result is payable under this type of insurance.
Do You Need A BOP Policy?
Most all small businesses need a BOP policy, at minimum, to ensure that their businesses are fully protected from potential perils. You should consider purchasing such a policy if any of the following apply to your business’ particular situation:
- You have the potential to face a lawsuit or claim from someone else. For instance, if it is possible that a client could become injured in your office.
- You do business from a physical location. Whether you have an office downtown or you run things from home, a BOP policy is essential.
- You or your business own assets that could be damaged or stolen. This includes any furniture, equipment, or even digital information.
Other Real Estate Agents Insurance New York Coverages
Most standard BOP policies offer the coverage outlined above, but your real estate business may require additional coverage types. A seasoned insurance agent can help you identify the types of Real estate agents insurance New York coverage your business needs and help you bundle them with your BOP policy for all-around protection from every angle. Based on your situation, your agent may recommend:
- Professional liability insurance. This type of coverage is also called errors and omissions coverage for a reason. If your error or the omission of information when dealing with a client leaves a client with damages or losses, then you can be sued. Mitigate that risk with this type of coverage.
- Data breach coverage. You store sensitive data, and hackers want it. Consider data breach coverage to protect yourself and your clients from any loss that results from jeopardized data.
- Commercial auto insurance. You insure your personal vehicle for personal use, but if you use your vehicle in the course of business to drive between open houses or for other purposes, your personal policy may not be enough. Commercial auto insurance provides the most reliable means of coverage for the vehicle you use during the course of running your business.
In addition, if you employ other agents in your business or other employees in general, then you may be required by law to carry worker’s compensation insurance on those employees. This insurance pays monetary awards to employees who become injured or ill due to a work-related cause.
No one package of business insurance fits each business, but a BOP policy is a start. Work with a licensed insurance agent to find the best level of coverage and coverage types for your individual needs.
Request a free Real Estate Agents Insurance New York quote in Albany, Amherst, Auburn, Babylon, Binghamton, Bronx, Brookhaven, Brooklyn, Buffalo, Clarkstown, Clay, Colonie, Elmira, Glen Cove, Greenburgh, Hamburg, Hempstead, Huntington, Islip, Ithaca, Jamaica, Jamestown, Long Beach, Manhattan, Middletown, Mount Vernon, New Rochelle, Newburgh, Niagara Falls, Orangetown, Oyster Bay, Perinton, Poughkeepsie, Queens, Rochester, Rome, Rye, Schenectady, Smithtown, Southampton, Staten Island, Syracuse, Tonawanda, Troy, Union, Utica, Watertown, West Seneca, White Plains, Yonkers and all other NY cities. Also see Real Estate Agents Insurance Pennsylvania, Real Estate Agents Insurance New Jersey, Real Estate Agents Insurance Delaware, Real Estate Agents Insurance Kentucky, Real Estate Agents Insurance California, Real Estate Agents Insurance Texas
Quotes from leading small business insurance carriers including: ACE, AmTrust, Builders & Tradesmen's, Chubb, CNA, Employers, Foremost, Guard, Hiscox, Liberty Mutual, Markel, Nationwide, Penn America, Philadelphia, Progressive, Scottsdale, The Hartford, Travelers, USLI, Western World, Zurich & others.