Charter School Insurance California (Quotes, Cost & Coverage)
Call to start your quote:
Frequently Asked Questions About
Commercial General Liability Insurance
How much does commercial insurance cost?
Costs can vary widely based on industry and are also determined by zip code and often payroll and/or gross sales. Request a free quote to get an exact number.
What kind of business insurance do I need?
Most business owners need General Liability Insurance at the very least. If you have any non-owner employees, you will need workers compensation insurance too.
What is a Certificate of Insurance?
A Certificate of Insurance is proof of coverage. It lists the type and amount of liability coverage you have and other policy information when a third party requests it.
Is business insurance tax deductible?
Yes. you can deduct the cost of commercial insurance premiums. The IRS considers insurance a cost of doing business as long it benefits the business & serves a business purpose.
Charter School Insurance California
Charter School Insurance California. Charter schools offer so many wonderful benefits for their students. Children have the opportunity to gain a comprehensive education in a safe and inviting environment while developing lasting relationships with their educators and fellow students.
If you are thinking about starting a CA charter school, there is no denying that there are a lot of considerations and decisions to be made. One thing that you don't want to overlook is getting the right insurance coverage. Charter schools are required to carry insurance coverage, though their needs are much different than the insurance needs of other types of industries.[>
It is for that reason the departments of education have established very particular insurance requirements for charters schools, and these establishments must comply with these requirements.
To find out more about the types of charter school insurance California coverage you will need to operate a charter school and protect your staff, your students, and your establishment, keep on reading.
Charter school insurance California protects your public school of choice from lawsuits with rates as low as $167/mo. Get a fast quote and your certificate of insurance now.
Insurance Coverage Requirements for Charter Schools
Below is a look at the most common types of charter school insurance California coverage that the department of education requires:
Abuse & Molestation - This type of insurance policy provides coverage for charter schools in the event that claims related to sexual molestation or abuse should arise. It is important to understand that this type of insurance coverage is usually excluded under other types of policies, which is why a separate policy that offers this type of coverage is required. Claims of child abuse frequently allege negligence in 3 areas:
- Failure to exercise sufficient care in the selection of staff
- Failure to properly supervise the abuser
- The charter school allowed the abuser to continue working with children after abuse was suspected
Directors & Officers Liability - With this type of policy, directors and officers of a charter school will be provided with financial protection should they be sued for anything that relates to the performance of their specific duties in their role in a charter school. Most policies include:
- Side A Coverage: Insures individual directors & officers to protect their personal assets.
- Side B Coverage: Reimburses the organization for costs incurred when the organization indemnifies directors and officers in a claim.
- Side C Coverage: Protects the organization itself when it is named as a defendant in a claim.
Professional Liability (E&O) - This type of policy will protect a charter school from any legal claims that may arise that state there was a failure to perform professional duties, and that failure to perform resulted in damages to someone else. Some common allegations that E&O insurance covers are:
- failure to educate failure to supervise a classroom
- failure to respond to or prevent bullying activities of students
Employment Practices Liability - This type of liability insurance provides coverage against any wrongful acts that are associated with the employment practices of a charter school. Examples of wrongful acts including discrimination, sexual harassment, failure to hire despite meeting qualifications, and wrongful termination. This policy protects charter schools against employee suits alleging violations of their rights under various federal acts.
Employee Benefits Liability - With this type of insurance policy, any wrongful acts that may be committed by a charter school's administration in regard to an employee benefit program will be covered.
Commercial Property Insurance - It is also a requirement for charter schools to have property insurance coverage. In the event that anything happens to the physical property of the charter school, such as a flood, a fire, or theft, property insurance will provide the coverage that is needed to make any necessary repairs or replace the structure. Property insurance polices for charter schools may also cover:
- Bleachers, ticket booths and refreshment stands
- Broadened water
- Communication equipment, computers and media
- Extra expense
- Loss of income - planned events
- Money, securities and stamps
- Outdoor fences, signs, trees, shrubs and plants
- Personal property of teachers and others
- Portable classrooms
- Property off-premises
- Refrigerated property
- Equipment breakdown
- Tuition and fees
- Violent event extra expense
Workers Compensation - Since charter schools employ a staff of educators, food service workers, custodians, and other professionals, these institutions are also required to carry workers' compensation insurance. This type of policy provides coverage for medical care, as well as compensation for any employee who may become injured while on the job - for example:
- medical care from the injury or illness
- replacement income
- costs for retraining
- compensation for any permanent injuries
- benefits to survivors of workers who are killed on the job
In exchange for offering this type of insurance coverage, employees relinquish their right to sue the charter school.
General Liability - It is also a requirement for charter schools to cover general liability insurance. This type of insurance coverage protects employees, students, and any visitors to the property who may be injured on the property with compensation and medical care. Commercial general liability polices may also offer:
- Blanket additional insured coverage
- Coverage for school nurses and athletic trainers
- PTAs and booster clubs included as additional insured
- Volunteers and temporary workers included as insured
Commercial Auto - If you are transporting students, employees or others, commercial auto offers protection in the event of an accident with a school-owned vehicle. Business auto options may include:
- Additional transportation expense
- Coverage for employees using non-owned, hired or borrowed autos
- Hired car physical damage
- Physical damage to vehicle of employees or volunteers
Additional Insurance Coverage Options
In addition to the above-mentioned charter school insurance California coverage options, there are other types of policies that charter schools may want to consider carrying. These policies offer additional protection and are highly recommended:
- Internet Liability. Should any personal or business-related information be compromised over the Internet, this type of policy will provide the necessary coverage.
- Identity Theft. Should the identity of an employee or a student be compromised, this type of coverage will offer the help that is needed to guide them through restoring their identity and protecting it in the future.
- Tuition Fees. If a school looses tuition fees as a result of being forced to suspend school as the result of a peril, this insurance will offer coverage.
And there are even more charter school insurance California coverage options available:<.p>
- Commercial umbrella
- Corporal punishment
- Flood and earthquake
- Inland marine (sports equipment, musical instruments, audio/visual equipment etc.)
- Law enforcement professional liability
- School board legal liability
How Much Does CA Charter School Insurance Cost?
The cost for this type of insurance policy varies. Commercial insurance providers take several factors into consideration when calculating costs, including the size of your school and the risks that are associated with operating it. Additionally, the amount of coverage you will need, payroll and employee size can also affect the price.
Request a free Charter School Insurance California quote in Anaheim, Bakersfield, Chula Vista, Concord, Corona, Elk Grove, Escondido, Fontana, Fremont, Fresno, Fullerton, Garden Grove, Glendale, Hayward, Huntington Beach, Irvine, Lancaster, Long Beach, Los Angeles, Modesto, Moreno Valley, Oakland, Oceanside, Ontario, Orange, Oxnard, Palmdale, Pasadena, Pomona, Rancho Cucamonga, Riverside, Roseville, Sacramento, Salinas, San Bernardino, San Diego, San Francisco, San Jose, Santa Ana, Santa Clara, Santa Clarita, Santa Rosa, Simi Valley, Stockton, Sunnyvale, Thousand Oaks, Torrance, Vallejo, Victorville, Visalia and all other CA cities. Also see Charter School Insurance Pennsylvania, Charter School Insurance New York, Charter School Insurance New Jersey, Charter School Insurance Kentucky, Charter School Insurance Delaware, Charter School Insurance Texas, Charter School Insurance Illinois
Quotes from leading small business insurance carriers including: ACE, AmTrust, Chubb, Cincinnati, CNA, Colony, Employers, Evanston, Foremost, Guard, Hanover, Hiscox, Liberty Mutual, Markel, Nationwide, Penn America, Philadelphia, Progressive, Scottsdale, The Hartford, Travelers, USLI, Western World, Zurich & others.