Bar Insurance Delaware
Call to start your quote:
Frequently Asked Questions About
Commercial General Liability Insurance
How much does commercial insurance cost?
Costs can vary widely based on industry and are also determined by zip code and often payroll and/or gross sales. Request a free quote to get an exact number.
What kind of business insurance do I need?
Most business owners need General Liability Insurance at the very least. If you have any non-owner employees, you will need workers compensation insurance too.
What is a Certificate of Insurance?
A Certificate of Insurance is proof of coverage. It lists the type and amount of liability coverage you have and other policy information when a third party requests it.
Is business insurance tax deductible?
Yes. you can deduct the cost of commercial insurance premiums. The IRS considers insurance a cost of doing business as long it benefits the business & serves a business purpose.
Bar Insurance Delaware
Bar Insurance Delaware. If you own or run a bar or other drinking establishment, then you know it's a lucrative business to be in – but also one that has its fair share of liabilities with which to contend.
The liquor regulations and laws in various states make it extremely difficult for bars to become chain operations, which means that the bar industry is mainly made up of new and established small businesses.
This makes it even more important to protect the bar's assets from liability claims with bar insurance Delaware.
Bar insurance Delaware protects your establishment from lawsuits with rates as low as $97/mo. Get a fast quote and your certificate of insurance now.
Protecting the Bar and Its Employees
As the owner of a small bar-related business or even a large nightclub, buying and maintaining the proper level of bar insurance Delaware coverage is paramount to your success and protects both you and your employees as well as your patrons. Because you serve alcohol, and alcohol leads to erratic behavior, it's crucial to keep your insurance level at an appropriate amount so that you can mitigate any damage or claims of liability.
Some of the best policy types to consider for your bar includes coverage for your employees. Consider:
- Unemployment insurance. This coverage is usually required by law. It is included as a component of your DE state taxes. When you set up your bar or club with the Department of Labor and Industry your UI taxes will be owed.
- Disability insurance. This type of coverage is optional in DE.
- Medical payment protection. Most bars hire a staff of fewer than 50 individuals, thus not triggering state and federal laws to provide medical coverage. If more than 50 people work for you, then you must provide coverage. Either way, medical insurance is a good perk for employees.
Cover Your Bar or Tavern from Liability Risks
Potential lawsuits can put a real damper on the success of your bar business. When someone files a liability claim against your company, even if it is not a suit merited by the court, it can leave you responsible for a ton of legal costs that eat into your business' bottom line. Bar insurance Delaware can protect you from financial damage if a claim is decided against you and also pay for legal fees and associated court costs.
Some types of bar insurance Delaware liability protection include:
- General liability coverage. This coverage pays claims for covered bodily ideuries or damage to property in or outside your bar, such as in the parking lot or dumpster area. Consider a separate rider policy if the bar offers any additional hazards to patrons, such as a mechanically operated bull. Be aware that some policies exclude coverage for intoxicated patrons. For that, liquor liability coverage is important.
- Liquor liability insurance. This insurance kicks in if there is damage resulting from the consumption of liquor or other alcohol at your bar. When some drinks to excess and then causes damage or harm, this protection can be invaluable.
- Assault-and-battery coverage. If your bar is home to a brawl, then you might be held liable, since it can be argued that you failed to keep patrons safe. This insurance coverage covers bodily and property damage resulting from physical altercations.
- Valet insurance. If you offer valet service, then this coverage pays for damage to cars in your business' care.
Protection for Your Bar's Assets and Property
Beyond the bar insurance Delaware coverage types discussed above, your bar may also need:
- Building coverage. If you own the building in which you do business, when this bar insurance Delaware coverage pays claims resulting from perils such as falling objects, severe weather, fire, theft, and vandalism.
- Content policy. Secure your bar's furnishings and equipment such as speaker systems, computers, and pool tables with this type of policy.
- Equipment breakdown policies. If a mechanical failure or power surge causes failure of equipment, then this coverage helps you pay for repair fees and associated lost income.
- Lost income policies. If you need to close the bar due to a covered peril, lost income coverage provides income continuation for a closed period of time to keep your business afloat.
- Flood insurance. If your bar is located in a flood zone, you may need additional coverage for flood damage and loss occurring due to high water. This coverage provides those benefits.
The Cost of Bar Insurance
The type of business you own, the number of people who work for you, and the products you serve in the bar all factor into how much you pay for bar insurance. The location of your bar, your personal claims history, and other important factors also play a part. Work with your licensed commercial agent to find a mix of quotes from insurance companies. This can make it easy to spot the right policy for your specific needs.
Request a free Bar Insurance Delaware quote in Arden, Ardencroft, Ardentown, Bellefonte, Bethany Beach, Blades, Bowers, Bridgeville, Camden, Cheswold, Clayton, Dagsboro, Delaware City, Delmar, Dewey Beach, Dover, Ellendale, Elsmere, Felton, Fenwick Island, Frankford, Frederica, Georgetown, Greenwood, Harrington, Houston, Kenton, Laurel, Lewes, Little Creek, Magnolia, Middletown, Milford, Millsboro, Millville, Milton, New Castle, Newark, Newport, Ocean View, Odessa, Rehoboth Beach, Seaford, Selbyville, Slaughter Beach, Smyrna, South Bethany, Townsend, Wilmington, Wyoming and all other DE cities. Also see Bar Insurance Pennsylvania, Bar Insurance New York, Bar Insurance New Jersey, Bar Insurance Kentucky, Bar Insurance California
Quotes from leading small business insurance carriers including: ACE, AmTrust, Builders & Tradesmen's, Chubb, CNA, Employers, Foremost, Guard, Hiscox, Liberty Mutual, Markel, Nationwide, Penn America, Philadelphia, Progressive, Scottsdale, The Hartford, Travelers, USLI, Western World, Zurich & others.