Texas Tanning Salon Insurance
Call to start your quote:
Frequently Asked Questions About
Commercial General Liability Insurance
How much does commercial insurance cost?
Costs can vary widely based on industry and are also determined by zip code and often payroll and/or gross sales. Request a free quote to get an exact number.
What kind of business insurance do I need?
Most business owners need General Liability Insurance at the very least. If you have any non-owner employees, you will need workers compensation insurance too.
What is a Certificate of Insurance?
A Certificate of Insurance is proof of coverage. It lists the type and amount of liability coverage you have and other policy information when a third party requests it.
Is business insurance tax deductible?
Yes. you can deduct the cost of commercial insurance premiums. The IRS considers insurance a cost of doing business as long it benefits the business & serves a business purpose.
Texas Tanning Salon Insurance
Texas Tanning Salon Insurance. As a responsible tanning salon owner, you know that protecting your business and its assets along with your personal assets is important. Tanning salon insurance protects your business from a variety of perils that might cause financial distress or leave you holding the proverbial bag when it comes to litigation filed against your business by an unhappy or injured customer.
Coverage for your tanning salon business protects you against liability charges lodged against you. Sometimes there are major lawsuits filed against tanning salons. In Mount Pleasant, Texas, Sunkissed Tanning Spa found themselves the subject of two lawsuits. Two separate clients filed for $50,000 in purported damages against the spa due to negligence and privacy invasion by the owners. These suits are not uncommon and that is why Texas tanning salon insurance is so important.
Texas tanning salon insurance protects your business from lawsuits with rates as low as $45/mo. Get a fast quote and your certificate of insurance now.
The tanning industry received more heat in recent years due to the Melanoma Research Foundation stating that tanning bed UV exposure increases melanoma risk in people age 30 and under by as much as 75 percent. An uptick in lawsuits followed the study's results occurred. Many consumers are now claiming injury from laying in the tanning bed, and they are holding salon owners accountable.
Even among salon owners who follow the recommended practices from the manufacturer and follow strict privacy rules to build strong reputations for service and safety, tanning salons are still targeted in our litigious society. Commercial insurance covers many risks, but it can be a good idea to take out a specialized Texas tanning salon insurance policy that is tailored to the unique risks of your tanning business.
What Type of Tanning Salon Insurance Do You Need?
Understanding the details of your policy is important as a salon owners. You must also understand the individual needs that you have for protecting your business. There are several types of Texas tanning salon insurance policies that are necessary to ensure that your personal and business assets are not put in jeopardy if you are unfortunate enough to be sued by a customer who was harmed or injured in your salon. Some to consider:
- Property insurance - Protect your property, even if you do not own the building in which you do business, with property insurance. This coverage included the expensive equipment in your salon as well as damage that might occur because of theft, fire, smoke, and vandalism, among other perils.
- General liability insurance - Protect your assets from seizure, both on a personal and business level, with general liability insurance. If you have a customer who lodges a claim of bodily harm or property damage due to your business actions or inactions, then this policy is vital to fighting the claim, paying legal costs for your defense, and paying out awards, up to a limit.
- Business owner's insurance policy, or BOP. - A type of blanket insurance that puts a number of policies into one larger policy including property and liability coverage. BOP is a good choice for many salons.
- Commercial auto insurance - Cover the vehicles your business uses with commercial auto insurance. This is like a standard auto policy, but it's for business purposes only.
- Professional liability insurance or errors and omissions insurance - If a client files a claim for losses due to your business' negligence, this is the type of policy that kicks in and pays for any awards given in court and for your legal team to represent you.
- Office buildings
- Worker's compensation insurance - Keep this type of insurance in force to cover employee injuries or illnesses. It pays wages and medical costs if employees are hurt or become sick due to job-related duties.
The Cost of Tanning Salon Insurance
There is no specific set cost for Texas tanning salon insurance, since each salon is independent and faces varieties of risks. Some things that insurers look out when determining the premium charged for each salon include the salon's location, the building the salon is housed inside, the safety measures present in the salon, any history of claims against the salon, and any supplemental services offered. The level of coverage desired also matters. Work with a licensed agent to determine how much Texas tanning salon insurance coverage you need and retrieve quotes from several insurers to find one that meets your budgetary restraints.
Request a free Texas Tanning Salon insurance quote in Abilene, Allen, Amarillo, Arlington, Austin, Baytown, Beaumont, Brownsville, Bryan, Carrollton, College Station, Corpus Christi, Dallas, Denton, Edinburg, El Paso, Flower Mound, Fort Worth, Frisco, Garland, Grand Prairie, Houston, Irving, Killeen, Laredo, League City, Lewisville, Longview, Lubbock, McAllen, McKinney, Mesquite, Midland, Mission, Missouri City, Odessa, Pasadena, Pearland, Pharr, Plano, Richardson, Round Rock, San Angelo, San Antonio, Sugar Land, Temple, The Woodlands, Tyler, Waco, Wichita Falls and all other TX cities. Also see Pennsylvania Tanning Salon Insurance, New York Tanning Salon Insurance, New Jersey Tanning Salon Insurance, Delaware Tanning Salon Insurance, Kentucky Tanning Salon Insurance, California Tanning Salon Insurance
Quotes from leading small business insurance carriers including: ACE, AmTrust, Builders & Tradesmen's, Chubb, CNA, Employers, Foremost, Guard, Hiscox, Liberty Mutual, Markel, Nationwide, Penn America, Philadelphia, Progressive, Scottsdale, The Hartford, Travelers, USLI, Western World, Zurich & others.