Beauty Salon Insurance California (Quotes, Cost & Coverage)
Call to start your quote:
Frequently Asked Questions About
Commercial General Liability Insurance
How much does commercial insurance cost?
Costs can vary widely based on industry and are also determined by zip code and often payroll and/or gross sales. Request a free quote to get an exact number.
What kind of business insurance do I need?
Most business owners need General Liability Insurance at the very least. If you have any non-owner employees, you will need workers compensation insurance too.
What is a Certificate of Insurance?
A Certificate of Insurance is proof of coverage. It lists the type and amount of liability coverage you have and other policy information when a third party requests it.
Is business insurance tax deductible?
Yes. you can deduct the cost of commercial insurance premiums. The IRS considers insurance a cost of doing business as long it benefits the business & serves a business purpose.
Beauty Salon Insurance California
Beauty Salon Insurance California. Is your salon business protected from liability? Salons are not immune from the potential for liability claims against them. In 2009, a Florida beauty salon was sued when they caused third-degree burns to a teenager's head while trying to dye her hair. The teen racked up $85K in medical bills, and then sued the salon for pain and suffering and negligence.
The stylist had not followed the directions on the dye product, so the salon owner was found liable for the damages. If she had liability insurance, it would likely cover the costs. If she didn't, then she's out the money to pay for her mistake.
Beauty salon insurance California protects your business from lawsuits with rates as low as $67/mo. Get a fast quote and your certificate of insurance now.
Having a faithful customer base and always following package directions is not enough in today's litigious society. Beauty salon insurance California protects salon owners from potential financial ruin if an accident occurs or they are sued in a civil court of law.
While stylists and beauticians do their best to provide services that are safe for customers, the truth is things happen and accidents occur. The more than 86,000 hair salons in the United States and 4,000 barber shops produce revenue of more than $20 billion per year - which means there's a lot of room for things to go awry.
More than 80 percent of salons in the United States have fewer than five employees working. This makes them small and particularly vulnerable to financial loss, whether from a lawsuit, or from damage to equipment and other assets from storms, fire, or theft. This is where beauty salon insurance California can help.
Salon Insurance Types
For most owners of small salons, the business is their primary livelihood - their bread and butter, whether they are just fresh out of beauty school or planning to open up more locations. Having the right salon insurance in place can protect your business and leave you with the peace of mind that a mishap won't destroy your livelihood. Some types of beauty shop insurance to consider:
- Salon liability insurance. This type of insurance for salon owners provides financial security if a customer is injured or the customer's property is damaged while on your premises. For instance, if a client falls in your bathroom, general liability insurance pays for her medical costs and any settlement or judgment that is ordered. It also pays the salon owner's legal expense. For all these reasons, it's important that California salon owners purchase the maximum amount of beauty salon insurance California they can afford.
- Property/casualty insurance. Whether you own or rent the building that houses your CA salon, it is important to insure it. Property insurance covers loss to the building, while casualty insurance covers the building's contents, such as chairs, counters, tanning equipment, and other items.
- Plate glass coverage. For salons with storefronts that have a lot of glass, a separate policy or a rider for plate glass coverage may be necessary if the property/casual policy does not cover damage to it.
- Worker's compensation insurance for salon owners. CA workers compensation coverage is required for all employees but the owner and protects employees who become injured or ill on the job. It also guards the business against lawsuits.
Specific Issues for Salon Owners
There are additional considerations for beauty salon owners who rent space to manicurists, hair stylists, and other related professionals. A general liability policy may not cover the work that they do. Stylists may even face claims over small things, such as bad dye jobs or bad haircuts, or they may face cases like the one described above in which an injury causes a substantial amount of pain and incurs substantial medical bills.
Salon owners who rent space to others can require that their contract workers all carry professional liability insurance. This protects not only the professional but the salon owner as well.
Another special situation arises when a beauty salon sells beauty products. If there is a flaw in the manufacture of these products or an imbalance in a chemical, and this flaw or imbalance causes the customer harm, you can be held liable, at least in part. Faulty product suits often involve everyone from the manufacturer down to the end seller, so product liability insurance is an essential. This ensures that CA salon owners don't pay for the mistakes of products' manufacturers.
California Nail Salon Insurance
Chemicals and sharp tools used in nail salons make them a breeding ground for lawsuits from injured customers. Nail salon insurance protects businesses from loss when they are sued for damages by a customer. Most nail salon owners need:
- Professional liability insurance. If a worker in a nail salon ideures a customer, that customer has a right to sue. An accidental cut can lead to a serious lawsuit, which makes professional liability coverage important.
- Workers compensation. Workers in nail salons often breathe in toxic chemicals daily, affecting their health. Workers compensation can help salon owners protect themselves in the event a claim is lodged against them.
Other Types of Specialty Insurance for Salons
Although not all salons need every type of insurance available, it is possible that your salon needs some of the following coverage types:
- Fire insurance. All salons should have coverage against common perils, including fire. Spas often use flammable materials, so this protection gives you a safety net in the event that a fire damages or destroys your salon.
- Drain/sewer backup insurance. Water damage to the floors and walls of a salon from drain/sewer backup can be expensive to repair. A policy or rider covering these perils is a good option for salon owners.
- Breakdown coverage for equipment. The equipment you use in your California salon is expensive. Protect it with equipment breakdown coverage and you can bounce back quickly without financial loss when an important piece goes on the fritz.
- Inland marine insurance. This type of protection is ideal for salons who offer services on the go. For example, salons that cater to people in their homes or who show up for weddings and so forth. This protects you against loss or damage to equipment uses outside the business premises.
Request a free Beauty Salon Insurance California quote in Anaheim, Bakersfield, Chula Vista, Concord, Corona, Elk Grove, Escondido, Fontana, Fremont, Fresno, Fullerton, Garden Grove, Glendale, Hayward, Huntington Beach, Irvine, Lancaster, Long Beach, Los Angeles, Modesto, Moreno Valley, Oakland, Oceanside, Ontario, Orange, Oxnard, Palmdale, Pasadena, Pomona, Rancho Cucamonga, Riverside, Roseville, Sacramento, Salinas, San Bernardino, San Diego, San Francisco, San Jose, Santa Ana, Santa Clara, Santa Clarita, Santa Rosa, Simi Valley, Stockton, Sunnyvale, Thousand Oaks, Torrance, Vallejo, Victorville, Visalia and all other CA cities. Also see v Pennsylvania, Beauty Salon Insurance New York, Beauty Salon Insurance New Jersey, Beauty Salon Insurance California, Beauty Salon Insurance Kentucky, Beauty Salon Insurance Texas, Beauty Salon Insurance Illinois
Quotes from leading small business insurance carriers including: ACE, AmTrust, Builders & Tradesmen's, Chubb, CNA, Employers, Foremost, Guard, Hiscox, Liberty Mutual, Markel, Nationwide, Penn America, Philadelphia, Progressive, Scottsdale, The Hartford, Travelers, USLI, Western World, Zurich & others.