Philadelphia Insurance Companies Reviews 2018 (Ratings, Coverage & Complaints)
Call to start your quote:
Frequently Asked Questions About
Commercial General Liability Insurance
How much does commercial insurance cost?
Costs can vary widely based on industry and are also determined by zip code and often payroll and/or gross sales. Request a free quote to get an exact number.
What kind of business insurance do I need?
Most business owners need General Liability Insurance at the very least. If you have any non-owner employees, you will need workers compensation insurance too.
What is a Certificate of Insurance?
A Certificate of Insurance is proof of coverage. It lists the type and amount of liability coverage you have and other policy information when a third party requests it.
Is business insurance tax deductible?
Yes. you can deduct the cost of commercial insurance premiums. The IRS considers insurance a cost of doing business as long it benefits the business & serves a business purpose.
Philadelphia Insurance Companies Reviews
Philadelphia Insurance Companies Reviews 2018 (Ratings, Coverage & Complaints). There are some insurance policies that go far beyond the common needs of business coverage. Which insurance firm offers coverage for a film production, mobile home parks, company softball teams, libraries, rehab centers, flea market, zoos, shooting ranges or even a Pilates studio? Well, with Philadelphia Insurance, all these are possible.
If you are a business owner looking to buy liability insurance, read Philadelphia Insurance Companies reviews to learn about Philadelphia's products.
Check out Philadelphia Insurance's small business insurance reviews & ratings for general liability, workers comp and other commercial policies.
About Philadelphia Insurance Companies
Philadelphia Insurance Company grew out of Maguire Insurance Agency. The Agency was formed back in 1962. It started by offering specialized insurance policies to automobile dealers. In 1987, the company began its operations as Philadelphia Insurance Companies. In 1993, they went public. In 2008, the company merged with Tokia Marine Group.
By 2008, the Philadelphia Insurance Companies was providing coverage in over 80 niche business markets. The company had also built a very strong reputation for all its coverages to a wide range of sectors such as fitness clubs and non-profit agencies.
The Philadelphia Insurance Companies reviews on the Internet are above average.
Commercial Insurance Products
Below is a comprehensive description of Philadelphia Insurance's products - and industries covered:
- Commercial Auto Insurance: A wide range of products are provided here including insurance cover for fuel dealers, garage-keepers, dealerships including rental fleets, motorcycles, restoration companies and antique autos.
- Non-Profit and Health & Human Services: This includes adult/child day care centers, group homes, community centers, home medical equipment dealer, home health care, homeless or battered shelters, mental health organizations, hospices and youth services. Philadelphia Insurance Companies reviews are good here.
- Outdoors: This comprises of archery ranges, camps, bed and breakfasts, dude and guest ranches, hunting leases and preserves, guides and outfitters, resorts and lodges, gun clubs, shooting ranges, whitewater rafting and snowmobile tours and many more.
- Public Services: The public services covered include libraries, hospitals and medical facilities, museums, religious organizations, municipalities, private/academic/vocational schools, pest control services, water and sewer plants, zoos and many more.
- Entertainment/Recreation: This includes amusement parks, golf and country clubs, special events, paintball operations, bowling centers, and several others.
- Sports: This includes amateur sports, gymnastics, professional sports, motorsports, special sport/recreation events like marathons. There's also coverage for most training centers including YMCAs/YWCAs and martial arts.
- Habitation and Construction: This cover comprises of affordable housing, HOAs and PUDs, apartments, low income housing, commercial real estate schedules, builders risk and several others.
Philadelphia Insurance Claims
Philadelphia Insurance Company has a great online claim page, under the "Claim Center" link. The claims can also be started with a call..
Philadelphia Insurance Ratings Online
Following are some ratings found online which appear mixed:
- BBB.org - The Better Business Bureau rates them 3.68 out of 5 stars.
- Yelp.com - Yelp.com rates them 1.5 out of 5 stars.
Also results from National Associations of Insurance Commissioners are reported under the Philadelphia's Indemnity Insurance Company. This is the underwriting subsidiary of Philadelphia Insurance Company. Based on the national median complaints ratio of 1.00, the company received the following set of scores in 2016:
- Commercial Auto - 0.40 (9 complaints)
- Commercial Liability - 0.22 (10 complaints)
- Commercial Property - 0.25 (7 complaints)
Philadelphia Insurance Companies Contact Information
Address: 231 Saint Asaphs Road, Suite 100, Bala Cynwyd, PA 19004
The Bottom Line On Philadelphia Insurance
If you have any unique risk to cover, Philadelphia might be able to help if you fall into their appetite. Their quotes are competitive and their financial backing is also sound; the company's track records for handling claims are excellent for the specialty industry.
More Commercial Insurance Company RatingsSmall Business Insurer Ratings: Acuity, AIG, Allstate, AmTrust, Chubb, Cincinnati, CNA, Dongeal, Erie, Esurance, Farmers, Foremost, GEICO, Guard, Hanover, Hiscox, Liberty Mutual, Merchants Insurance Group, Nationwide, Philadelphia Insurance Companies, Progressive, Selective, State Farm, The Hartford, Travelers, USAA, USLI, Westfield, Zurich
Commercial Insurance Broker ratings: BB&T Insurance Services, Bolt, Brown & Brown, Burns & Wilcox, Contractors Edge, CoverWallet, Day Care Insurance Services, Inc., Insureon, TechInsurance, USG Insurance Services
Small Business Independent Insurance Association Ratings: Trusted Choice
The reviews and opinions expressed on this web site are solely those of the original authors and other contributors. These views and opinions do not necessarily represent those of the GeneralLiabilityInsure.com staff, and/or any/all contributors to this site.
Images on this site are copyright to its respectful owners. All product names, logos, and brands are property of their respective owners. All company, product and service names used in this website are for identification purposes only. Use of these names, logos, and brands does not imply endorsement.
Quotes from leading small business insurance carriers including: ACE, AmTrust, Chubb, Cincinnati, CNA, Colony, Employers, Evanston, Fireman's, Foremost, Guard, Hanover, Hiscox, Liberty Mutual, LLoyd's of London, Markel, MSA, Nationwide, Penn America, Philadelphia, Prime, Progressive, Scottsdale, The Hartford, Travelers, USLI, Utica First, Western World, Zurich & others.