New Jersey Medical Manufacturing Insurance (Quotes, Cost & Coverage)
Call to start your quote:
Frequently Asked Questions About
Commercial General Liability Insurance
How much does commercial insurance cost?
Costs can vary widely based on industry and are also determined by zip code and often payroll and/or gross sales. Request a free quote to get an exact number.
What kind of business insurance do I need?
Most business owners need General Liability Insurance at the very least. If you have any non-owner employees, you will need workers compensation insurance too.
What is a Certificate of Insurance?
A Certificate of Insurance is proof of coverage. It lists the type and amount of liability coverage you have and other policy information when a third party requests it.
Is business insurance tax deductible?
Yes. you can deduct the cost of commercial insurance premiums. The IRS considers insurance a cost of doing business as long it benefits the business & serves a business purpose.
New Jersey Medical Manufacturing Insurance
New Jersey Medical Manufacturing Insurance. If you own a business in the medical manufacturing field, then you know how important it is to have insurance for your operation. Operating a business in the medical manufacturing industry means you are responsible for the production of medical, surgical, ophthalmic and veterinary instruments. Being responsible for the making of the different medical equipment puts your business at risk for massive product liability lawsuits. For this reason, you must ensure you protect your business. Get the New Jersey medical manufacturing insurance coverage that will keep your business protected.
New Jersey medical manufacturing insurance protects your device company from lawsuits with rates as low as $127/mo. Get a fast quote and your certificate of insurance now.
Common Risks Faced By Medical Manufacturers
Each medical manufacturing company is unique, and all create different equipment and devices that to be used in the medicine. Whether you run a large or small operation, you want to ensure you have the best protection for your business. What you need is a comprehensive New Jersey medical manufacturing insurance plan to keep you protected from the threats your business is exposed to when working in this type of industry.
The equipment and the material used is sometimes fragile, and they can be easily damaged. As the owner of a medical manufacturing business, you must always ensure your employees stay protected. Speaking with an experienced insurance agent will help you to find the right policies for your business. There will be many different policies you discuss, and below we'll take a look at them.
Types Of Insurance For Medical Manufacturers
There are various types of liability insurance, but the most common for NJ medical manufacturing include:
- Commercial Property Insurance - This type of insurance gives you protection for your manufacturing facilities, labs, and offices. This insurance also protects the contents of the buildings you use to operate your business.
- Equipment Breakdown Coverage - With this type of New Jersey medical manufacturing insurance, you can get the help when equipment you use in your business breaks down. It helps with the repairing or replacing of damaged machinery you need to keep your business functioning the way it should.
- Spoilage Coverage - This coverage provides financial protection for materials or finished products that spoil on site.
- Inland Marine - This coverage is for when you are shipping goods overseas. Having this type of insurance, keeps you protected if damage occurs while cargo is being transported from one location to another. This coverage also handles shipping by sea or by air.
- Commercial General Liability - Provides liability protection if negligence on your part causes injury to a third party. There are also other additional types of insurance you can include such as:
- Environmental practices liability: Any damage done to the environment as a result of the operation of your business is covered by this insurance.
- Employment practice liability: If an employee or past employee sues your business because they feel you operated in discriminating or harassing manor then you will be protected with this insurance.
- NJ Commercial Auto - As with any business, there will be vehicles you use for operation. If an employee gets in an accident or hurts someone or damages another vehicle or property while driving a company vehicle - having this insurance will cover the expenses.
- Umbrella Coverage - Umbrella insurance is excess liability that enables you to get higher liability limits.
- Workers Compensation - In most states, you won't be able to operate without workers comp as it is a requirement for any non-owner employees. If an employee is injured while on the job and needs medical assistance, this insurance will help them. Whatever medical bills are associated with the injury is covered by this insurance. Also if the injury results in a fatality, then the insurance will pay benefits to the surviving family.
Medical Device Manufacturer Insurance
Lawsuits against medical device companies happen every day so must ensure you have the right New Jersey medical manufacturing insurance protection at the right time. Without the right policies in place for your business, you could spend a lot of money on damages and attorneys fees.
New Jersey Economic Data & Business Insurance Requirements
If you are considering opening a business in NJ, it is important to be aware of the economic status of that location. It is also important that you are aware of the regulations related to the commercial insurance that you are required to carry.
If you are thinking about starting a business in the State of New Jersey, keep on reading to find out some key information about the economic status of the state, as well as the rules for commercial insurance. With this information, you will be able to put your best foot forward so that you can make the best choices in the Garden State.
Economic Trends In New Jersey
Currently, New Jersey is ranked 46th in the country in terms of its economic position as compared to other state. While the economic growth may be slower in this state than in other locations, this is largely due to the high taxes. Nevertheless, there are still opportunities for entrepreneurs.
There are several industries that are expected to see growth in NJ in the 2018 calendar year. Some of these industries include:
- Information Technology
- Service Industries
New Jersey Commercial Insurance Requirements
The New Jersey Department of Banking and Insurance regulates the insurance industry In NJ. Just like most states in the country, New Jersey business owners are legally required to carry workers comp insurance. If you employ any type of staff, whether it's full-time or part-time, or hourly or salaries, you must carry this type of coverage. You must also provide your employees with disability coverage in the event that they are injured or become ill on the job. Additionally, New Jersey business owners are legally required to carry commercial auto insurance if they use a vehicle to conduct any type of business.
Commercial liability insurance and commercial property insurance are not required in this state; however, it is still a wise idea for business owners to invest in these types of policies. They can offset the costs that are associated with property loss or with any lawsuits that may arise as a result of doing business.
Additional Resources For Manufacturing & Wholesaler Insurance
Read informative articles on small business manufacturing and wholesale insurance. Manufacturing and wholesale companies face many risks due to the nature of their business operations.
- Food Manufacturing
- Leather Manufacturing
- Medical Manfacturing
- Plastic Manufacturing
- Product Liability
- Vitamins, Nutraceuticals & Dietary Supplements
- Wholesaler Distributor
For manufacturers and wholesalers, having the proper coverage is very important. You will need Products/Completed Operations Liability Coverage to protect you against injuries or property damage cause my the products you make or sell.
What does the insured does that could result in a covered loss? The insuring agreement only requires that the insured be legally obligated to pay damages for injury to others or damage to their property included within the products-completed operations hazard covered by the insurance.
Because of this, every product manufactured and completed operation exposure for each named insured must be determined, described and evaluated to be certain that each represents acceptable exposures, or are acceptable classes of business to the insurance company providing coverage.
Once the extent of all business activities and operations is determined, the process of identifying hazards begins. The first step in the process is completely listing and describing all current products being manufactured and projects being worked on.
The next step is obtaining the same information for discontinued products and completed projects for the past five to 10 years, depending on the products or projects involved. This should include an explanation of why the products were discontinued. If some completed projects were of a different type than those currently being worked on, an explanation is in order, including whether the insured may resume them in the future.
Request a free New Jersey Medical Manufacturing insurance quote in Asbury Park, Atlantic, Bayonne, Beachwood, Bellmawr, Bergenfield, Bound Brook, Bridgeton, Camden, Carteret, Cliffside Park, Clifton, Collingswood, Dover, Dumont, East Orange, Eatontown, Edgewater, Elizabeth, Elmwood Park, Englewood, Fair Lawn, Fairview, Florham Park, Fort Lee, Franklin Lakes, Freehold, Garfield, Glassboro, Glen Rock, Gloucester, Guttenberg, Hackensack, Haddonfield, Hammonton, Harrison, Hasbrouck Heights, Hawthorne, Highland Park, Hillsdale, Hoboken, Hopatcong, Jersey, Keansburg, Kearny, Kinnelon, Lincoln Park, Linden, Lindenwold, Little Ferry, Lodi, Long Branch, Madison, Manville, Metuchen, Middlesex, Millville, Morristown, New Brunswick, New Milford, New Providence, Newark, North Arlington, North Plainfield, Oakland, Ocean, Palisades Park, Paramus, Passaic, Paterson, Perth Amboy, Phillipsburg, Pine Hill, Plainfield, Pleasantville, Point Pleasant, Pompton Lakes, Princeton, Rahway, Ramsey, Red Bank, Ridgefield Park, Ridgefield, Ridgewood, Ringwood, River Edge, Roselle Park, Roselle, Rutherford, Sayreville, Secaucus, Somers Point, Somerville, South Plainfield, South River, Summit, Tenafly, Tinton Falls, Totowa, Trenton, Union, Ventnor, Vineland, Wallington, Wanaque, West New York, Westfield, Westwood, Woodbury, Woodland Park and all other cities in NJ - The Garden State.
Quotes from leading small business insurance carriers including: ACE, AmTrust, Chubb, Cincinnati, CNA, Colony, Employers, Evanston, Fireman's, Foremost, Guard, Hanover, Hiscox, Liberty Mutual, Markel, MSA, Nationwide, Penn America, Philadelphia, Prime, Progressive, Scottsdale, The Hartford, Travelers, USLI, Utica First, Western World, Zurich & others.