Hiscox Insurance Reviews 2019 (Ratings, Coverage & Complaints)
Call to start your quote:
Frequently Asked Questions About
Commercial General Liability Insurance
How much does commercial insurance cost?
Costs can vary widely based on industry and are also determined by zip code and often payroll and/or gross sales. Request a free quote to get an exact number.
What kind of business insurance do I need?
Most business owners need General Liability Insurance at the very least. If you have any non-owner employees, you will need workers compensation insurance too.
What is a Certificate of Insurance?
A Certificate of Insurance is proof of coverage. It lists the type and amount of liability coverage you have and other policy information when a third party requests it.
Is business insurance tax deductible?
Yes. you can deduct the cost of commercial insurance premiums. The IRS considers insurance a cost of doing business as long it benefits the business & serves a business purpose.
Hiscox Insurance Reviews
Hiscox Insurance Reviews 2019 (Ratings, Coverage & Complaints). Hiscox Insurance Company Inc. (Hiscox) is a company that's headquartered in Bermuda but delivers a diverse range of insurance services across all of the United States and other European countries. The company traces its roots back to 1901 and delivers insurance to its clients through a network of brokers. Although professional liability is one of the principal areas of its insurance products, Hiscox also offers business insurance policies including general liability and business owners polices (BOPs). Its growth is at least partly due to the massive injection of cash into the company's internet marketing budget.
If you are a business owner looking to buy liability insurance, read Hiscox Insurance reviews to learn about HISCOX's products.
Check out Hiscox small business insurance reviews & ratings for general liability, errors & omissions and other commercial policies.
Hiscox Insurance Products
Hiscox sells personal and commercial coverage in a wide range of areas for business and home:
Individuals can get contents and home insurance for "higher-value" houses, classic cars, fine art, kidnap and ransom as well as personal accidents.
Businesses can purchase several coverage types including liability, property, marine, professional indemnity, aerospace, political risk and hacker insurance. Hiscox also offers reinsurance for companies. Below are brief Hiscox Insurance reviews of their most common coverage options:
- General Liability Insurance - Hiscox provides protection for unexpected or unintentional bodily injury, property damage and personal/advertising injury.
- Small Business Insurance - Hiscox is a globally respected insurer, taking care of over thousands of small businesses and have won several awards for their solutions.
- Professional Liability Insurance - The company offers professional liability insurance to cover specific risks within each industry, ranging from accounting and business analysts to contractors, consultants, researchers, and translators.
- Tech Insurance - Hiscox has provides tailored insurance coverage for the technology industry. Its products, underwriting approach and claims management expertise keep pace with the changing face of technology and the law that applies.
- Property Insurance - Hiscox offers building insurance that covers your home or business premises if it is damaged due to fire, water leaks or explosions.
- Contents Coverage - Content insurance is designed to replace items of value inside your home or business premises after damage or theft occurs.
- Home insurance - Hiscox is an international specialty insurer, underwriting a diverse range of private insurance risks and with a long history in providing insurance for homes.
Hiscox Insurance Values
There are certain fundamental principles that govern the company, and they are qualities for which it's known. At the heart of these principles is a desire to challenge the conventional insurance industry and deliver better products and service to its customers. Hiscox Insurance reviews:
- Courage - dare to be different.
- Quality - good enough is not enough.
- Integrity - true to our word.
- Excellence in Execution - see it through, thoroughly.
- Human - fair, firm and inclusive.
Working at Hiscox
Hiscox insurance offers a collaborative work environment that upholds the company values throughout the organization. It is a high performing company that continuously grows. Regardless of job role, all employees are encouraged to speak up to improve and increase the day-to-day work environment. Encourage Courage is just not a brand, it is the culture in which this company rewards and excels. Hiscox get good ratings from its employees.
Those who work for Hiscox Insurance take advantage of a reward package that includes benefits, salary, and a bonus which is based on personal and company performance. Depending on the country you are in, benefits may include life insurance, generous retirement benefits, sports club membership, and support towards professional qualifications. The company has developed a program that helps their employees at every stage that consists of five elements: Induction, technical learning, personal development and professional qualifications.
For those wanting to be involved career-wise with a specialty insurance company, as well as an international and modern business, Hiscox offers a couple of great opportunities. They offer a two year graduate program that offers a lot of hands on exposure internally as well as at facilities around the globe. The ten week internship lets you experience what the insurance business is all about and is different from other internships where you are merely pouring coffee for managers.
Why Choose Hiscox Business Insurance?
- Tailored Plans. There is not a "one-size-fits-all" plan. Rather, Hiscox tailors insurance coverage to each client's needs.
- Online Certificates. Business insurance policy holders can request there own certificates of insurance online.
- Direct Buy. Hiscox simplifies the procedure by allowing clients to get quotes and buy insurance directly from the insurer, as well as from licenses advisers. There is no charge to buy through an experienced broker and you can get their objective opinion for no additional cost.
- Customer service. Because the company does not have local offices, they take extra steps to provide quality service online and through their call center that makes it easy to reach human help - here Hiscox Insurance reviews are excellent.
Hiscox Ratings Online
Following are some ratings found online which appear mixed:
- BBB.org - The Better Business Bureau rates them 4.16 out of 5 stars.
- ConsumersAdvocate.com - Consumers Advocate rates them 4.5 out of 5 stars.
- trustpilot.com - Trust Pilot rates them 3.0 out of 5 stars.
Hiscox's Contact Information
Address: 520 Madison Avenue, 32nd Floor, New York, NY 10022
Bottom Line On Hiscox Insurance
Hiscox Insurance has a very strong history, good ratings and is backed by an international reputation and an affiliation with one of the world's best-known insurance companies, Lloyd's of London. They are a good choice for small businesses that seek very focused insurance and a company with a specific understanding of commercial insurance needs. Hiscox is known for assisting clients with complex or unusual insurance needs, making it a good choice for people who need insurance that goes beyond the basics. Hiscox Insurance reviews are good.
More Commercial Insurance Company RatingsSmall Business Insurer Ratings: Acuity, AIG, Allstate, AmTrust, Chubb, CNA, Dongeal, Erie, Esurance, Farmers, Foremost, GEICO, Guard, Hanover, Hiscox, Liberty Mutual, Merchants Insurance Group, Nationwide, Philadelphia Insurance Companies, Progressive, Selective, State Farm, The Hartford, Travelers, USAA, USLI, Westfield, Zurich
Commercial Insurance Broker ratings: BB&T Insurance Services, Bolt, Brown & Brown, Burns & Wilcox, Contractors Edge, CoverWallet, Day Care Insurance Services, Inc., Insureon, TechInsurance, USG Insurance Services
Small Business Independent Insurance Association Ratings: Trusted Choice
The reviews and opinions expressed on this web site are solely those of the original authors and other contributors. These views and opinions do not necessarily represent those of the GeneralLiabilityInsure.com staff, and/or any/all contributors to this site.
Images on this site are copyright to its respectful owners. All product names, logos, and brands are property of their respective owners. All company, product and service names used in this website are for identification purposes only. Use of these names, logos, and brands does not imply endorsement.
Quotes from leading small business insurance carriers including: ACE, AmTrust, Chubb, Cincinnati, CNA, Colony, Employers, Evanston, Fireman's, Foremost, Guard, Hanover, Hiscox, Liberty Mutual, LLoyd's of London, Markel, MSA, Nationwide, Penn America, Philadelphia, Prime, Progressive, Scottsdale, The Hartford, Travelers, USLI, Utica First, Western World, Zurich & others.