Electromedical and Control Instruments Manufacturing Businesses In Anchorage, AK
Are you searching for Anchorage, Alaska Search Businesses?
These Anchorage, AK Electromedical and Control Instruments Manufacturing local businesses can help you find the goods and services you are searching for.
The SIC code for these Anchorage local businesses is: 3812.
Find in Anchorage, Alaska Search businesses. Search Electromedical and Control Instruments Manufacturing local businesses located in Anchorage, AK to get the products and services you want and need.
- Where Can I Find Anchorage, Alaska Search Businesses?
- What Is The SIC Code Description For Search Businesses?
- Where Can I Find Anchorage, AK Business And Economic Information?
Where Can I Find Anchorage, AK Search Businesses?
Finding Anchorage, Alaska local Electromedical and Control Instruments Manufacturing businesses is simple... Click on the the business listings below:
Anchorage, AK Search Businesses Results:
|Anchorage, Alaska - Electromedical and Control Instruments Manufacturing Businesses|
What Is The SIC Code Description For Search Businesses?
Description For 3812 Search, Detection, Navigation, Guidance, Aeronautical, and Nautical Systems and Instruments
Establishments primarily engaged in manufacturing search, detection, navigation, guidance, aeronautical, and nautical systems and instruments. Important products of this industry are radar systems and equipment; sonar systems and equipment; navigation systems and equipment; countermeasures equipment; aircraft and missile control systems and equipment; flight and navigation sensors, transmitters, and displays; gyroscopes; airframe equipment instruments; and speed, pitch, and roll navigational instruments and systems. Establishments primarily engaged in manufacturing aircraft engine instruments or meteorological systems and equipment, including weather tracking equipment, are classified in Industry 3829.
- Acceleration indicators and systems components, aerospace types
- Air traffic control radar systems and equipment
- Airborne integrated data systems/flight recorders
- Aircraft flight instruments
- Airframe equipment instruments
- Airspeed instrumentation (aeronautical instruments)
- Altimeters, aeronautical
- Angle-of-attack instrumentation
- Angle-of-yaw instrumentation
- Artificial horizon instrumentation
- Automatic pilots
- Bank and turn indicators and, components (aeronautical instruments)
- Cabin environment indicators, transmitters, and sensors
- Compasses, gyroscopic and magnetic except portable
- Distance measuring equipment (DME), aeronautical
- Driftmeters, aeronautical
- Glide slope instrumentation
- Heads-up display (HUD) systems, aeronautical
- Horizon situation instrumentation
- Inertial navigation systems, aeronautical
- Infrared homing systems, aeronautical
- Instrument landing system instrumentation, airborne or airport
- Light reconnaissance and surveillance systems and equipment
- Missile guidance systems and equipment
- Nautical instruments
- Navigational instruments
- Omnibearing instrumentation
- Pictorial situation instrumentation
- Position indicators, airframe equipment: e.g., for landing gear,
- Radar systems and equipment
- Radio magnetic instrumentation (RMI)
- Rate-of-climb instrumentation
- Sextants, except surveying
- Sonar fish finders
- Sonar systems and equipment
- Space vehicle guidance systems and equipment
- Taffrail logs
- Warfare countermeasures equipment
- Wheel position indicators and transmitters, aircraft
Where Can I Find Anchorage, AK Business And Economic Information?
You can find more information about Anchorage, Alaska's business and economic environment here:
Alaska Economic Data, Regulations And Limits On Commercial Insurance
If you're an entrepreneur who is thinking about starting a business in Alaska, it's important to have a basic understanding of the state's overall economy before you set up shop. Regardless of how high-quality the products and services you are planning on offering may be, if the location where you open your organization doesn't offer a target market that your products and services will appeal to, chances of success are slim. Furthermore, if a workforce isn't available to support your business, you'll have a hard time staying afloat.
With that said, it's important for business-minded individuals who are thinking about starting a company in Alaska to familiarize themselves with the state's economy; it's also a good idea to have an understanding of the commercial insurance requirements.
Following is an overview of economic trends and commercial insurance policies that business owners are required to carry in The Last Frontier.
Economic Trends For Business Owners In Alaska
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the unemployment rate in Alaska was 6.1% in December of 2019. While that's significantly higher than the national unemployment rate, which was 3.4% in December, 2019, it's lower than it was one year prior, when the rate of unemployment was 6.5% in December of 2018. Though the workforce is growing slower than it is in other states, economists do predict that the rate will continue to decline in the coming years.
Despite Alaska's remoteness and cold climate, it's actually a great start to start a business. According to the Tax Foundation, Alaska is the second most tax-friendly state for business owners in the United States, as there's no individual income tax or state sales tax. Additionally, Alaska has the second highest rate of new business owners, as well as the second highest percentage of available employees (as per 2016).
As in most states, the best spots to start a business in Alaska are the state's biggest cities and the surrounding areas. This includes Anchorage, Juneau, and Fairbanks. Other key areas that are seeing a boost in business development in recent years include Homer, Sitka, Prudhoe Bay, and Ketchikan.
While there are several industries that are experiencing growth in The Last Frontier, specific sectors thrive more than others. Businesses that are related to the following industries are booming in AK:
- Fishing, which is also one of the largest contributors to the state's economy.
- Mining, which provides more than 4,500 jobs in Alaska.
- Petroleum, which is responsible for 34% of jobs in the state. In fact, Prudhoe Bay is North America's largest oil field.
- Tourism is the second largest private sector employer in the state. Each year, millions of people from around the globe travel to Alaska to marvel at the numerous natural wonders that can be found here.
Commercial Insurance Requirements In Alaska
The Alaska Division of Insurance regulates insurance in AK. Alaska mandates very few forms of insurance coverage by law. They enforce worker's compensation.
Alaska requires you to have worker's compensation insurance if you hire even one employee on a regular basis. This includes part-time employees, family members, minors, and immigrant employees. It is not required for independent contractors or domestic employees, though you should check to make sure any contractors you have are true contractors, and not employees.
Alaska also requires all business-owned vehicles to be covered by commercial auto insurance. Other types of business insurance that business owners should carry depend on the specific industry.
Browse The Businesses By Industry Near Me Directory By State
Find local businesses by city and state:
- Alabama Small Businesses Near Me
- Alaska Small Businesses Near Me
- Arizona Small Businesses Near Me
- Arkansas Small Businesses Near Me
- California Small Businesses Near Me
- Colorado Small Businesses Near Me
- Connecticut Small Businesses Near Me
- Delaware Small Businesses Near Me
- Florida Small Businesses Near Me
- Georgia Small Businesses Near Me
- Hawaii Small Businesses Near Me
- Idaho Small Businesses Near Me
- Illinois Small Businesses Near Me
- Indiana Small Businesses Near Me
- Iowa Small Businesses Near Me
- Kansas Small Businesses Near Me
- Kentucky Small Businesses Near Me
- Louisiana Small Businesses Near Me
- Maine Small Businesses Near Me
- Maryland Small Businesses Near Me
- Massachusetts Small Businesses Near Me
- Michigan Small Businesses Near Me
- Minnesota Small Businesses Near Me
- Mississippi Small Businesses Near Me
- Missouri Small Businesses Near Me
- Montana Small Businesses Near Me
- Nebraska Small Businesses Near Me
- Nevada Small Businesses Near Me
- New Hampshire Small Businesses Near Me
- New Jersey Small Businesses Near Me
- New Mexico Small Businesses Near Me
- New York Small Businesses Near Me
- North Carolina Small Businesses Near Me
- North Dakota Small Businesses Near Me
- Ohio Small Businesses Near Me
- Oklahoma Small Businesses Near Me
- Oregon Small Businesses Near Me
- Pennsylvania Small Businesses Near Me
- Rhode Island Small Businesses Near Me
- South Carolina Small Businesses Near Me
- South Dakota Small Businesses Near Me
- Tennessee Small Businesses Near Me
- Texas Small Businesses Near Me
- Utah Small Businesses Near Me
- Vermont Small Businesses Near Me
- Virginia Small Businesses Near Me
- Washington Small Businesses Near Me
- Washington D.C. Small Businesses Near Me
- West Virginia Small Businesses Near Me
- Wisconsin Small Businesses Near Me
- Wyoming Small Businesses Near Me
Request a free Alaska small business insurance quote, or in these other AK cities: Akutan, Alakanuk, Anchor Point, Anchorage, Badger, Barrow, Bear Creek, Bethel, Big Lake, Buffalo Soapstone, Butte, Chena Ridge, Chevak, Cohoe, College, Cordova, Craig, Delta Junction, Deltana, Denali Park, Diamond Ridge, Dillingham, Eielson AFB, Emmonak, Ester, Fairbanks, Farm Loop, Farmers Loop, Fishhook, Fritz Creek, Funny River, Gambell, Gateway, Goldstream, Haines, Healy, Homer, Hoonah, Hooper Bay, Houston, Juneau, Kalifornsky, Kasigluk, Kenai, Ketchikan, King Cove, Kipnuk, Klawock, Knik River, Knik-Fairview, Kodiak, Kodiak Station, Kotlik, Kotzebue, Kwethluk, Lakes, Lazy Mountain, Meadow Lakes, Metlakatla, Moose Creek, Mountain Village, Nikiski, Ninilchik, Nome, Noorvik, North Pole, Palmer, Petersburg, Pilot Station and Happy Valley, Point Hope, Point MacKenzie, Prudhoe Bay, Quinhagak, Ridgeway, Salamatof, Salcha, Sand Point, Savoonga, Selawik, Seward, Sitka, Skagway, Soldotna, Steele Creek, Sterling, Susitna North, Sutton-Alpine, Talkeetna, Tanaina, Togiak, Tok, Toksook Bay, Unalakleet, Unalaska, Valdez, Wasilla, Willow, Womens Bay, Wrangell, Yakutat and all other AK cities & Alaska counties near me in The Last Frontier.