Burns & Wilcox Reviews 2018 (Ratings, Coverage & Complaints)
Call to start your quote:
Frequently Asked Questions About
Commercial General Liability Insurance
How much does commercial insurance cost?
Costs can vary widely based on industry and are also determined by zip code and often payroll and/or gross sales. Request a free quote to get an exact number.
What kind of business insurance do I need?
Most business owners need General Liability Insurance at the very least. If you have any non-owner employees, you will need workers compensation insurance too.
What is a Certificate of Insurance?
A Certificate of Insurance is proof of coverage. It lists the type and amount of liability coverage you have and other policy information when a third party requests it.
Is business insurance tax deductible?
Yes. you can deduct the cost of commercial insurance premiums. The IRS considers insurance a cost of doing business as long it benefits the business & serves a business purpose.
Burns & Wilcox Reviews
Burns & Wilcox Reviews 2018 (Ratings, Coverage & Complaints). Burns & Wilcox, the star company of the Kaufman Financial Group, is a well-established wholesale insurance brokerage firm that specializes in the excess and surplus lines market. Commonly referred to as specialty insurance, its product lines define unique or complex risks which fall outside the typical standard market.
They operate independently both as an independent insurance broker (wholesale) plus and underwriting manager and provides a diverse array of comprehensive solutions that serve a massive extension of insurance brokers and agents both in the United States and across the globe. Burns & Wilcox reviews are mostly above average
Check out Burns & Wilcox reviews for excess and surplus insurance & ratings for general liability, business property and other commercial policies.
Burns & Wilcox History
The company was established back in 1969 by the Late Herbert Kaufman, and its headquarters is in Farmington Hills, Michigan. Initially, it was created as a typical insurance wholesaler to offer agents and brokers with exclusive access to numerous and diverse insurance markets and also help place their particular specialty risks.
Today they boast 50 offices which stretch wide across the globe with branches in nations such as Canada, and the United States. It includes among others a staff base of over 1600 professionals and more than 30,000 independent agencies around the world.
Burns & Wilcox reviews are good online.
Burns & Wilcox Services
Besides the over 50 different offices across Canada, and the US, they offers their clients with a broad assortment of highly-skilled services courtesy of its Centers of Excellence. These centers provide in-house industry leadership through numerous insurance verticals as aforementioned such as Environmental, Recreation and High net worth protection among others:
Commercial Insurance - Burns and Wilcox has an extensive collection of coverage options for commercial liability which can not only protect you but your property and your business. Aside from this standard choice, they also offer specific options to suit jewelers, apartment building owners, vacant property owners and fine art dealers. Burns & Wilcox reviews are good here.
Burns & Wilcox provides insurance coverage to many businesses. They offer various excess and surplus insurance policies through a network of major insurance companies. They offer diverse and all-inclusive solutions including commercial insurance products to serve agents and insurance brokers of assorted sizes, from large houses down to the over 30,000 independent agents and brokers globally. The policies they sell include:
- Accident and health
- Ocean and Commercial Marine
- Professional Liability (E&O)
Burns & Wilcox reviews are very good for some of the following specialty commercial classes:
- Distributors and Wholesalers
- Equipment and Servicing Rental
- Health and Beauty
Personal Insurance - Numerous business professionals and owners prefer to work with insurance firms that provide private and commercial lines. Why? It is more convenient to have all your insurance polices under a single roof. With this respect, Burns and Wilcox offers a full range of personal insurance covers which include: Residential property insurance, Collector car insurance, Personal articles floaters, Personal liability coverage, Recreational marine insurance for marine vessels, and Specialty private classes such as family offices and high-net-worth individuals among others.
Why Choose Burns and Wilcox
The Kaufman Standard - this is their credo:
- We are built to compete with anyone. Our success story reflects a belief that no other organization can mirror our agility, speed and passion for results. We will strengthen our presence through the continued growth of a balanced portfolio of companies across a multitude of industries.
- We invest in our people and their ongoing development. Our professionals share a passion for entrepreneurship, thriving in an environment that fosters innovative thinking and sparks new ideas. We are committed to continual learning and improvement, ensuring professional growth is aligned with career advancement.
- We believe in partnership, integrity, and excellence. Our business fundamentally exists because of the relationships we enjoy with our clients and partners. They seek our global expertise; they rely on our unmatched vertical depth; and they trust our counsel.
- We remain fiercely independent. Our family ownership and freedom from Wall Street has created a flexible organization that can quickly adapt to changing market conditions. We are purposeful in exploring opportunities to diversify our business and extend our global capabilities.
- We give back to the communities in which we do business. Our organization was built on the foundation of protection and restoration. We recognize and embrace the responsibility in dedicating time and resources to those organizations that are important to our communities and professionals.
- We believe in perpetuating the industry. Our professionals understand the role that our businesses play in driving the global economy. We are proud to serve as relevant and influential voices within industry associations and in promoting the dynamic and meaningful careers offered to our team.
- We deliver the resources and technology to empower our teams. Our organization demands an advanced infrastructure to support the speed with which we conduct business around the world. We invest in the systems required to ensure our teams can provide unparalleled service to our clients and partners.
- We are driven by potential. Our enduring success requires constant evolution. We see limitless possibilities for our business, fueled by our bold growth strategy that expands our worldwide footprint, deepens our expertise and delivers for our bottom line.
- We are committed to the bottom line. Our organization is designed to be smart, efficient and resourceful. This focus secures our long-term financial freedom and ensures we will always have the means to make strategic investments in our people and companies.
- We understand our power together. Our teams collaborate across company, department, office and geography to deliver solutions and capture incremental business. We learn from one another; we are accountable to each other; and collectively, we work together to elevate the entire organization.
Burns & Wilcox Ratings Online
Following are some ratings and Burns & Wilcox reviews found online which appear mixed:
- BBB.org - The Better Business Bureau has no ratings.
- Yelp.com - Yelp rates them 1 out of 5 stars.
- Indeed.com - Indeed.com rates them 2.9 out of 5 stars.
Burns & Wilcox's Contact Information
Address: 120 Kaufman Financial Center, 30833 Northwestern Hwy, Farmington Hills, MI 48334
Bottom Line On Burns & Wilcox
Burns & Wilcox has a great deal of expertise in excess and surplus lines insurance. They are a good place ot consider for hard ot plac risks. The Burns & Wilcox reviews online say as much.
More Commercial Insurance Company RatingsSmall Business Insurer Ratings: Acuity, AIG, Allstate, AmTrust, Chubb, Cincinnati, CNA, Dongeal, Erie, Esurance, Farmers, Foremost, GEICO, Guard, Hanover, Hiscox, Liberty Mutual, Merchants Insurance Group, Nationwide, Philadelphia Insurance Companies, Progressive, Selective, State Farm, The Hartford, Travelers, USAA, USLI, Westfield, Zurich
Commercial Insurance Broker ratings: BB&T Insurance Services, Bolt, Brown & Brown, Burns & Wilcox, Contractors Edge, CoverWallet, Day Care Insurance Services, Inc., Insureon, TechInsurance, USG Insurance Services
Small Business Independent Insurance Association Ratings: Trusted Choice
The reviews and opinions expressed on this web site are solely those of the original authors and other contributors. These views and opinions do not necessarily represent those of the GeneralLiabilityInsure.com staff, and/or any/all contributors to this site.
Images on this site are copyright to its respectful owners. All product names, logos, and brands are property of their respective owners. All company, product and service names used in this website are for identification purposes only. Use of these names, logos, and brands does not imply endorsement.
Quotes from leading small business insurance carriers including: ACE, AmTrust, Chubb, Cincinnati, CNA, Colony, Employers, Evanston, Fireman's, Foremost, Guard, Hanover, Hiscox, Liberty Mutual, LLoyd's of London, Markel, MSA, Nationwide, Penn America, Philadelphia, Prime, Progressive, Scottsdale, The Hartford, Travelers, USLI, Utica First, Western World, Zurich & others.