USAA Small Business Insurance Reviews
Call to start your quote:
Frequently Asked Questions About
Commercial General Liability Insurance
How much does commercial insurance cost?
Costs can vary widely based on industry and are also determined by zip code and often payroll and/or gross sales. Request a free quote to get an exact number.
What kind of business insurance do I need?
Most business owners need General Liability Insurance at the very least. If you have any non-owner employees, you will need workers compensation insurance too.
What is a Certificate of Insurance?
A Certificate of Insurance is proof of coverage. It lists the type and amount of liability coverage you have and other policy information when a third party requests it.
Is business insurance tax deductible?
Yes. you can deduct the cost of commercial insurance premiums. The IRS considers insurance a cost of doing business as long it benefits the business & serves a business purpose.
USAA Small Business Insurance Reviews
USAA Small Business Insurance Reviews. USAA, or the United Services Automobile Association, is a diversified financial services company. The insurance and insurance exchange subsidiaries of USAA are dedicated to offering insurance products to people who are either actively serving in the United States military and their family members. While USAA was originally set up to help members procure mutual automotive self-insurance, the company now offers a wide range of insurance and financial services including small business insurance coverage.
If you are a small business owner looking to buy liability insurance, read USAA small business insurance reviews to learn about USAA's products.
Read USAA small business insurance reviews and ratings. Find out what other small business owners think about USAA' general liability, business owners and professional liability insurance policies.
Who is Eligible for USAA Small Business Insurance?
To be eligible for USAA commercial insurance, you have to register as a member of USAA first. The membership is open to those who are serving or have served in the US military and their immediate family members. The definition of serving in the military extends to cadets and midshipmen as well.
USAA only offers very limited services to non-members. The only sort of financial or insurance services you can get from USAA without being a member is life insurance and financial/investment consultancy service.
USAA Small Business Insurance
The small business insurance coverage from USAA goes back to the year 2000 when the company partnered with The Hartford to offer a customized small business policy for USAA members. The move came on the back of research which showed that close to half a million USAA members own small businesses. Since then USAA has partnered with Travelers and other insurance companies as an agency through which members can apply for commercial insurance. The USAA small business insurance reviews are good.
Business Policies Offered By USAA
With USAA, you can opt for individual policies customized for your business needs. For instance, if you are the only person working in your small business then there is no need to take a small business package that includes premiums for workers compensation. USAA small business insurance reviews here are ok. The following are the two broad categories of policies available for small businesses at USAA:
1. Business Owner's Policy
USAA's Business Owner's Policy (BOP) is a packaged insurance cover which offers protection for a wide variety of risks. While there is a standard USAA BOP policy, there are options to customize it in order to fit the needs of different business owners. USAA small business insurance reviews for the BOP are good. In general, the BOP policy will cover your for:
- Commercial Property: This covers the business' buildings and the content found within. You may opt for the standard premium rate or a special one that is suited to your specific needs.
- Business Interruption: Insures against any disruption to business and the ensuing loss of income. The disruption may result from natural catastrophe such as flooding, earthquake or severe weather. It could also be as a result of accidents such as fire damage. USAA can customize your coverage so that the insurance also provides for the cost of relocating to a temporary premises over the duration of that interruption. USAA small business insurance reviews are fair for this.
- Commercial Liability: Provides for your business's legal liability if a third party suffers harm, injury or loss whose responsibility can be traced to your business and its operations. The harm third parties suffer and which can be attributed to your business includes things and your employees do or fail to do and which subsequently causes the third party to suffer bodily injury or property damage. The cause can be faulty or defective products, errors in service delivery or faulty installation.
This policy covers you and your business from any lawsuits which may be lodged by your current or former employees due to work related accidents. Workers comp is required by law in most states if you have any W@ employees and provides for any medical costs incurred in the course of treating the injuries. It also offers compensation to the injured worker if they are incapacitated up to the point they are able to resume work. USAA small business insurance reviews are ok for WC.
Advantages Of USAA Small Business Insurance
- As a Fortune 500 corporation, USAA is a well established, reputable and financially stable company.
- There are comprehensive options available to choose from for different insurance policies.
- Get packaged business owner's policy that covers all the risks your business is likely to face.
- You can customize your coverage to meet unique needs or circumstances of your business.
Shortcomings Of USAA Commercial Insurance
- It is only available to serving or former military staff and their immediate family. Because of this, USAA small business insurance reviews are hard to find online.
- You will have to register as a member of USAA to be eligible for the company's insurance cover products.
- The coverage is procured from third party companies, representing an element of risk.
USAA's Contact Information
Address: 9800 Fredericksburg Road, San Antonio, TX 78288
The Bottom Line On USAA Commercial
USAA works with some of the nation's leading insurance companies to offer competitive coverage options that can satisfy your needs.
Request a USAA Business Insurance quote in California, Delaware, Kentucky, New Jersey, New York and Pennsylvania. Also see Allstate Small Business Insurance Reviews, Amica Small Business Insurance Reviews, Bolt Insurance Agency Reviews, CNA Insurance Reviews, CoverWallet Reviews, Esurance Business Reviews, Farmers Commercial Insurance Reviews, Foremost Business Insurance Reviews, GEICO Commercial Reviews, Hanover Small Business Insurance Reviews, Hiscox Insurance Reviews, Insureon Reviews, Liberty Mutual Small Business Insurance Reviews, Merchants Insurance Group Reviews, Nationwide Small Business Insurance Reviews, Progressive Business Insurance Reviews, State Farm Small Business Reviews, TechInsurance Reviews, The Hartford Reviews, Travelers Business Insurance Reviews, Trusted Choice Business Insurance Reviews, USAA Small Business Insurance Reviews, USLI Reviews, Zurich Insurance Group Reviews
The reviews and opinions expressed on this web site are solely those of the original authors and other contributors. These views and opinions do not necessarily represent those of the GeneralLiabilityInsure.com staff, and/or any/all contributors to this site.
Images on this site are copyright to its respectful owners. All product names, logos, and brands are property of their respective owners. All company, product and service names used in this website are for identification purposes only. Use of these names, logos, and brands does not imply endorsement.
Quotes from leading small business insurance carriers including: ACE, AmTrust, Builders & Tradesmen's, Chubb, CNA, Employers, Foremost, Guard, Hiscox, Liberty Mutual, Markel, Nationwide, Penn America, Philadelphia, Progressive, Scottsdale, The Hartford, Travelers, USLI, Western World, Zurich & others.