New York Plumbing Insurance
Call (212) 235-2003 x8 to get your liability insurance quote.
Frequently Asked Questions About
Commercial General Liability Insurance
How much does commercial insurance cost?
Costs can vary widely based on industry and are also determined by zip code and often payroll and/or gross sales. Request a free quote to get an exact number.
What kind of business insurance do I need?
Most business owners need General Liability Insurance at the very least. If you have any non-owner employees, you will need workers compensation insurance too.
What is a Certificate of Insurance?
A Certificate of Insurance is proof of coverage. It lists the type and amount of liability coverage you have and other policy information when a third party requests it.
Is business insurance tax deductible?
Yes. you can deduct the cost of commercial insurance premiums. The IRS considers insurance a cost of doing business as long it benefits the business & serves a business purpose.
New York Plumbing Insurance
New York Plumbing Insurance. Plumbing is a messy profession, but it becomes messier still if you are working as a plumber and find yourself on the receiving end of a liability claim. For this reason, all plumbers, including small, sole proprietors working independently, need plumbing insurance. If you are a plumber, septic installer, pipe fitter or even a general contractor who works with other professionals to provide plumbing services, you are putting yourself, your business, and your assets at risk when you work uninsured.
Life is uncertain, and things happen. You are putting yourself at risk for claims for damage you cause, equipment or vehicle damage, or injury to yourself and clients, among other risks. This is why you should have New York plumbing insurance.
New York plumbing insurance protects your business from lawsuits with rates as low as $57/mo. Get a fast quote and your certificate of insurance now.
Some states require specific types of insurance for contractors conducting business within their borders. This is oftentimes a condition of doing business, so check to see what licensure involves and if you are required to have particular types of insurance in order to perform your work as a plumber.
If you work as a general contractor, then you may need to purchase New York plumbing insurance insurance before you can work with or hire plumbers to work under you. Sometimes property owners also require that contractors, including plumbers, show that they have insurance in force before they will hire you for a contract or job.
BOP Policies for Plumbers
There are several structures for plumbing businesses when it comes to New York plumbing insurance. The one that your business chooses should be based on the size of the business, the risks you face, and the amount of coverage you desire. A basic New York plumbing insurance policy for plumbers typically combines multiple coverage types in one, and is known as a business owner's policy, or BOP. BOP plans usually include:
- Coverage for general liability. This handles claims for damages and injuries that result from mistakes or accidents while you or your employees perform plumbing services.
- Coverage for property. This covers damage to your tools or equipment.
- Coverage for income loss. This insurance kicks in and pays if your business experiences a work stoppage, so you can stay in business and keep moving forward.
Other Coverage Types For Plumbers To Consider
These are not the only types of coverage that you need. You should also look for more extensive, broader coverage to completely ensure that you're protected from financial ruin. For instance, you might want to add:
- Commercial auto insurance. This is a type of insurance that works much like a personal auto insurance policy, but it's specially designed for commercial purposes. If you use one or more cars, trucks, vans or other vehicles in the course of business, this policy is essential. Personal auto insurance typically does not cover damages and losses incurred while you or someone else is acting in a business capacity.
- Worker's compensation insurance. This is a vital type of coverage for employees, since it pays for work-related medical costs due to injury or illness caused by the job. NY requires that it is purchased by employers for all employees - but owners can be excluded.
- Liability insurance. An extended liability policy sometimes called an 'umbrella' gives you even more protection beyond any coverage you already have. Always make sure you're covered by checking policy limits and going a bit beyond what you might need, just to be on the safe side.
- Additional policy endorsements. If you own a lot of machinery, equipment, and tools, then protect those with policy riders that protect the value, so you can get replacements when a vital item is stolen or becomes inoperable.
What is Covered Under Plumber's Liability Policies?
Before purchasing New York plumbing insurance, it is important that you review your policy and compare its coverages to your potential risks. You want to look for any gaps in your liability coverage or any policy exclusions that might leave you holding the financial bag if someone drops a lawsuit or claim in your lap.
Be sure that your policy covers:
- Damages that might be caused by you or employees when working on a new construction. This includes leaking water lines, work delays, building material damage and other potential scenarios.
- Pipe damage to existing pipes. In existing structures, replacing pipes damaged can be an expensive prospect. Be sure your policy covers you.
- Gas explosions caused by your work. If you damage a structure and cause a gas explosion, extensive damage can result. Check to be sure you're protected in the case of a claim against you.
Becoming a savvy plumber business owner means protecting what you have with the right amount of New York plumbing insurance and the policy limits that protect your business. Work with a licensed agent to find the best policy, the appropriate coverage, and any riders or police add-ons based on your individual needs.
Request a New York Plumbing Insurance quote in Albany, Auburn, Binghamton, Bronx, Brooklyn, Buffalo, Elmira, Glen Cove, Ithaca, Jamestown, Long Beach, Manhattan, Middletown, Mount Vernon, New Rochelle, Newburgh, Niagara Falls, North Tonawanda, Poughkeepsie, Queens, Rochester, Rome, Schenectady, Staten Island, Syracuse, Troy, Utica, Watertown, White Plains, Yonkers and all other NY cities. Also see Pennsylvania Plumbing Insurance, New Jersey Plumbing Insurance, Delaware Plumbing Insurance