Medical Practice Insurance New York
Call (212) 235-2003 x8 to get your liability insurance quote.
Frequently Asked Questions About
Commercial General Liability Insurance
How much does commercial insurance cost?
Costs can vary widely based on industry and are also determined by zip code and often payroll and/or gross sales. Request a free quote to get an exact number.
What kind of business insurance do I need?
Most business owners need General Liability Insurance at the very least. If you have any non-owner employees, you will need workers compensation insurance too.
What is a Certificate of Insurance?
A Certificate of Insurance is proof of coverage. It lists the type and amount of liability coverage you have and other policy information when a third party requests it.
Is business insurance tax deductible?
Yes. you can deduct the cost of commercial insurance premiums. The IRS considers insurance a cost of doing business as long it benefits the business & serves a business purpose.
Medical Practice Insurance New York
Medical Practice Insurance New York. The vast majority of medical and healthcare practices have business owner’s (BOP) policies. This type of policy protects the business or the facility in many of the same ways that homeowner’s insurance coverage protects the home and its contents. If your medical practice does not have a BOP policy in place, now is the time to consider one.
A medical practice insurance New York business owner’s policy can provide you with protection if you find yourself on the receiving end of a lawsuit.
Medical practice insurance New York protects your practice from lawsuits with rates as low as $57/mo. Get a fast quote and your certificate of insurance now.
What Is An Medical Practice Insurance New York Business Owner’s Policy?
This medical practice insurance New York is a policy that is crucial to most small businesses, especially healthcare-related businesses. A BOP policy can help your practice save money on your overall insurance costs while also protecting the practice that you’ve worked hard to establish. By bundling the coverage types available in a BOP policy, you can save a substantial amount on your insurance needs.
A BOP policy generally affords three types of coverage, including:
- Business liability insurance. Business liability policies protect medical and healthcare practices from potential lawsuits from patients and others. This includes lawsuits where the plaintiffs allege property damage or physical injury that results from the operation on your business. For example, if you operate a healthcare facility, and a patient falls or becomes injured inside your facility, then this insurance can kick in and pay. This medical practice insurance New York policy also covers claims of libel and slander in some instances. This type of policy should not be mistaken for a liability policy covering any malpractice liability. This is a different policy altogether.
- Business property insurance. This insurance covers the actual property where your facility is located. It protects your business and the tools you use to conduct it, including any therapy tools, computer equipment, furnishings, and medical equipment.
- Business income insurance. If your business is forced to close due to some sort of unforeseeable yet covered event, then the income you lose during the interim is covered under a business income insurance policy. For example, if your business shuts down after a hurricane blows through town, you can be reimbursed for lost income while repairs are being made to your facility.
Additonal Medical Practice Insurance New York Coverages
Although a BOP policy for medical practices is a good start to covering your insurance needs, there are other insurance types that you should consider to fully protect your business. Many medical clinics go for:
- Accounts receivable coverage. Working with an insurance company oftentimes means waiting for reimbursement for many medical providers. Because receivable income makes up a high percentage of your practice’s total assets, if your accounts receivable records become destroyed during a covered event, it can be catastrophic. With accounts receivable policies, you can be reimbursed for costs incurred in replacing these valuable payment records.
- Off-premises utility services coverage, or OPUS. OPUS coverage is an essential for medical practices, since they depend on power and on communication services in order to operate. With an OPUS policy, your business is covered from loss of income that results from utility services interruptions. For example, if a storm causes downed power lines, and your business suffers as a result, you can be compensated.
- Interruption of practice coverage. If an electrical service disruption or other utility disruption causes your business to be unable to open, then this type of coverage provides up to 12 months of lost income for your business while repairs are underway. In some instances, you can elect to be paid a particular amount for the first 15 days of outage.
- Data breach coverage. You’ve seen plenty of press in the past few years about data breaches and how many people they can affect. With data breach coverage, you protect your medical practice from liability if a data breach occurs.
- Legal expenses insurance. If a patient of yours makes a complaint against a state review board, this coverage kicks in to pay for legal expenses to defend you in front of the board or in court. This can be valuable medical practice insurance New York coverage if the unexpected happens.
In addition to these insurance types, you should also consider bundling worker’s compensation and commercial auto insurance along with your BOP policy for medical practices. These coverages prove invaluable if a worker is hurt or becomes ill due to a work-related cause. If you have vehicles that you use in your business activities, it’s important to carry commercial auto insurance to cover these vehicles, since most personal policies will not pay for accidents and resulting claims when the vehicle is used for work.
Where To Get Help
Discussing your particular situation with your licensed agent is the best way to find the right business owner’s policy for your medical practice. Your agent can help you compare rates with multiple insurers to find the best possible rate for you and your budget. Your agent can also help you find the right level and policy limits to ensure that your medical practice is covered from a 360-degree angle.
Request a Medical Practice Insurance New York quote in Albany, Auburn, Binghamton, Bronx, Brooklyn, Buffalo, Elmira, Glen Cove, Ithaca, Jamestown, Long Beach, Manhattan, Middletown, Mount Vernon, New Rochelle, Newburgh, Niagara Falls, North Tonawanda, Poughkeepsie, Queens, Rochester, Rome, Schenectady, Staten Island, Syracuse, Troy, Utica, Watertown, White Plains, Yonkers and all other NY cities. Also see Medical Practice Insurance Pennsylvania, Medical Practice Insurance New Jersey, Medical Practice Insurance Delaware, Medical Practice Insurance Kentucky