Hotel Motel Insurance Kentucky
Call (859) 412-4141 x8 to get your liability insurance quote.
Frequently Asked Questions About
Commercial General Liability Insurance
How much does commercial insurance cost?
Costs can vary widely based on industry and are also determined by zip code and often payroll and/or gross sales. Request a free quote to get an exact number.
What kind of business insurance do I need?
Most business owners need General Liability Insurance at the very least. If you have any non-owner employees, you will need workers compensation insurance too.
What is a Certificate of Insurance?
A Certificate of Insurance is proof of coverage. It lists the type and amount of liability coverage you have and other policy information when a third party requests it.
Is business insurance tax deductible?
Yes. you can deduct the cost of commercial insurance premiums. The IRS considers insurance a cost of doing business as long it benefits the business & serves a business purpose.
Hotel Motel Insurance Kentucky
Hotel Motel Insurance Kentucky. The hospitality industry is not immune from litigation, and hotels and motels are at risk to facing claims for liability that often lead to bankruptcy or at least financial distress for the hotel owner or company. For instance, when a hotel manager went into labor while on duty in New York City in 2011, giving birth to her child in one of the hotel's guest rooms, she filed a $10 million lawsuit against the hotel.
In her claim, the manager said that her supervisors rushed her out of the establishment following the birth, did not grant her maternity leave, and terminated her employment a short time afterwards. Scenarios such as this one are not uncommon.
Hotel motel insurance Kentucky protects your business from lawsuits with rates as low as $67/mo. Get a fast quote and protect your property now.
Hotels, motels, and other businesses in the hospitality industry face various risks that can lead to financial trouble. Even something as innocuous as an unauthorized guest in a hotel room can lead to litigation if the guest becomes injured while on the premises.
KY hotel owners must be prepared for any potential situation that arises, since they can be held liable for anything that happens on their properties. The hospitality industry is faced with many high-profile claims, so it makes sense to protect your individual business with a comprehensive hotel motel insurance Kentucky policy to cover your financial obligation if a suit is decided against you.
Insurance for Hotel and Motel Owners – What's Covered?
Although your specific hotel motel insurance Kentucky insurance needs are based on your particular circumstances, there are some types of universal hotel motel insurance Kentucky coverage that all hotel/motel owners and businesses need. Some of these include:
- General liability insurance. This type of insurance protects your business from loss due to bodily injury or property damage from guests who stay on your property.
- Commercial auto liability coverage. If your hotel offers shuttle serve or limo service and owns the vehicles used for the service, then you need KY commercial auto insurance to cover any potential liability caused during the use of the vehicle. KY state miniums are $15,000 / $30,000 for liability. Compare that to your risk tolerance to make sure you buy enough coverage to protect your business' finances in the event of a claim.
- Worker's compensation insurance. Protect your employees with worker's compensation insurance. Worker's comp provides monetary compensation and medical payments for workers who are injured or become ill due to a work-related issue. KY requires that employers provide this insurance for all non owners.
- Liquor liability coverage. Many hotels serve alcoholic beverage or operate bars on their premises. Liquor liability coverage protects you from losses due to the actions of intoxicated guests who cause bodily injury to themselves or others or who cause property damage.
- Foodborne illness coverage. If you offer room service or have a restaurant on site, then foodborne illness can become an issue. Foodborne illness policies or riders to your business insurance policy can pay for claims stemming from serving food contaminated with salmonella or E.coli, among others.
- Cyber liability coverage. Data management or computer breaches are covered by cyber liability insurance. This protects your hotel business from claims arising from illegal access to your guests' names, credit card data, and other information.
- Premises pollution coverage. When pollutants such as mold spores cause injury to employees or guests, this coverage pays for punitive damages, cleanup costs, and medical costs for those affected.
- Employment practices coverage. If an angry former worker or current employee sues you for an alleged employment infraction, then this insurance helps pay associated costs.
Protecting Your Assets With KY Hotel Motel Insurance
Protecting your hotel's assets protects the investment you have made in the property. Some coverage types to consider include:
- General property insurance. Protect your hotel's decor, carpeting, furnishings, electronics, and other assets with general property insurance. This hotel motel insurance Kentucky coverage provides compensation for property that is lost, stolen, vandalized, or otherwise destroyed.
- Equipment breakdown insurance. If your equipment fails, your business may come to a standstill without equipment breakdown insurance. This is true of everything from computer equipment needed for guest reservations to equipment in the kitchen or HVAC system throughout your business. This insurance kicks in and ensures that you have the funds needed to make needed repairs or replace equipment.
- Business interruption insurance. If a covered peril forces the closure of your business on a temporary basis, this coverage ensures that you have adequate income for paying salaries and expenses.
- Utility interruption insurance. If a serious utility outage causes your business to lose money, then this hotel motel insurance Kentucky provides loss compensation.
- Hotel guest relocation rider. If a utility outage or other covered peril necessitates relocating guests, this type of insurance can provide compensation for the losses sustained as a result.
These are some basic coverage types for hotels; the list of potential policy addendums and add-ons is lengthy. Your particular hotel motel insurance Kentucky policy should be tailored to your needs, risk tolerance, and assets that you need to protect. Work with an agent to determine what your specific risks are and how you can protect yourself from potential loss.
Request a free Hotel Motel Insurance Kentucky quote in Lexington, Louisville, Bowling Green, Ownesboro, Covington, Hopkinsville, Richmond, Florence, Georgetown, Henderson, Elizabethtown, Nicholasville, Jeffersontown, Frankfort, Paducah, Independence, Radcliff, Ashton and all other KY cities. Also see Hotel Motel Insurance Pennsylvania, Hotel Motel Insurance New York, Hotel Motel Insurance New Jersey, Hotel Motel Insurance Delaware, Hotel Motel Insurance California