Healthcare Facilities Insurance New York
Call (212) 235-2003 x8 to get your liability insurance quote.
Frequently Asked Questions About
Commercial General Liability Insurance
How much does commercial insurance cost?
Costs can vary widely based on industry and are also determined by zip code and often payroll and/or gross sales. Request a free quote to get an exact number.
What kind of business insurance do I need?
Most business owners need General Liability Insurance at the very least. If you have any non-owner employees, you will need workers compensation insurance too.
What is a Certificate of Insurance?
A Certificate of Insurance is proof of coverage. It lists the type and amount of liability coverage you have and other policy information when a third party requests it.
Is business insurance tax deductible?
Yes. you can deduct the cost of commercial insurance premiums. The IRS considers insurance a cost of doing business as long it benefits the business & serves a business purpose.
Healthcare Facilities Insurance New York
Healthcare Facilities Insurance New York. Healthcare facilities have unique insurance needs, and a business owner’s policy is one first line of coverage to meet those needs. However, because of the many inherent risks faced by healthcare facilities and the providers and employees working in them, it is necessary to carry the right level of insurance to meet your facilities needs in order to guard against potential liabilities. Risks such as slips and falls, contamination, personal data theft, and property damage all loom and are all potential perils that your facility faces each and every day. There are also unique perils that are specific only to the healthcare industry that you should consider when making a healthcare facilities insurance New York policy purchase.
Healthcare facilities insurance New York protects your facility from lawsuits with rates as low as $167/mo. Get a fast quote and your certificate of insurance now.
How Can A Healthcare Facilities Insurance New York Policy Help?
Getting the right level of healthcare facilities insurance New York coverage and the appropriate policies in force can help you mitigate the risks that your facility faces on a daily basis. Let’s run down some basic coverage types to consider for your healthcare facility:
- Property coverage. Everything that your healthcare facility owns, rents, or leases from others, including items such as business equipment, medical equipment, fixtures, furniture, and inventory, should be protected under an extensive property coverage policy. A comprehensive policy might include a bundle of different protections, including electronic data loss, utility service interruption, patient evacuation costs in the event of an emergency, or personal property theft of patients’ property.
- General liability insurance. This healthcare facilities insurance New York covers property damage, accidents related to occurrences in outpatient facilities, and damage to rental property. This type of coverage also protects your business from lawsuits arising due to negligence, slander, libel, personal injury, false advertising, and faulty products.
- Management liability insurance. The management in any healthcare facility are often targeted for lawsuits. This includes directors and officers. Management liability insurance can help protect the business against these sorts of suits. It may also include employment practices liability that kicks in in the event that an employee sues your facility based on its hiring or firing practices or for cases of sexual harassment or discrimination.
- Coverage for patients’ personal effects. If property is stolen from a patient, this coverage protects you from liability.
- Decontamination coverage. If your facility is required to clean up pollutants after an event, this this coverage pays for things like testing, removal, cleanup, replacement of affected items and restoration.
- Uncontaminated stock policy. If undamaged drugs, medical supplies, devices, or biological items that are undamaged are condemned or forced off the market due to a government action, this policy reimburses you for their value.
- Radioactive contamination policy. This type of policy pays for cleaning up radioactive contaminants in the event of a covered event.
- Accounts receivable coverage. If a covered event causes destruction to your business’ accounts receivable records, then this coverage pays for their recovery and reconstruction.
- Off-premises utilities. If utilities are interrupted, then this coverage pays for lost income during a covered event.
- Umbrella coverage. Umbrella policies provide additional coverage beyond your basic liability protection policy. This is a must-have policy for lawsuit awards that exceed your limits.
- Flood insurance. Most property policies do not cover flooding. Purchase a separate flooding policy to ensure that flooding is covered.
- Mobile medical coverage. If your facility offers mobile services off site, then this coverage provides protection for the medical equipment used off site.
- Commercial auto insurance. Insure all of the facility’s vehicles with commercial insurance. Any vehicles used for business purposes should be covered under this type of policy.
- Worker’s compensation. This often state required coverage pays injured or ill employees for health-related wage loss and medical costs.
More Healthcare Facility Insurance New York Infomation
While these are some basic policy types to consider when you run a healthcare facility, there are other riders and add-on policies that may be needed based on your facility’s individual risks. Work with an agent to determine the different coverage types that may be necessary for the total protection of your business. A seasoned agent can help you determine factors that should go into any insurance purchase, including the policy limits you should choose, how much insurance is enough for your situation, and how to save on the insurance you need.
In addition, think about reviewing your current healthcare facilities insurance New York coverage with your agent to make sure that the coverage you have is sufficient. In many cases, some of the policies you own may be outdated and need to be reviewed to ensure that the insurance you have no meets your current needs. As a bonus, your agent can work with you to get separate quotes from multiple insurers, making sure you get the biggest bang for your facility’s insurance budget, improving your facility’s overall bottom line while keeping your insurance needs in the forefront and fully covered.
Request a Healthcare Facilities Insurance New York quote in Albany, Auburn, Binghamton, Bronx, Brooklyn, Buffalo, Elmira, Glen Cove, Ithaca, Jamestown, Long Beach, Manhattan, Middletown, Mount Vernon, New Rochelle, Newburgh, Niagara Falls, North Tonawanda, Poughkeepsie, Queens, Rochester, Rome, Schenectady, Staten Island, Syracuse, Troy, Utica, Watertown, White Plains, Yonkers and all other NY cities. Also see Healthcare Facilities Insurance Kentucky, Healthcare Facilities Insurance New Jersey, Healthcare Facilities Insurance Pennsylvania, Healthcare Facilities Insurance Delaware