Engineering Insurance California
Call to start your quote:
Frequently Asked Questions About
Commercial General Liability Insurance
How much does commercial insurance cost?
Costs can vary widely based on industry and are also determined by zip code and often payroll and/or gross sales. Request a free quote to get an exact number.
What kind of business insurance do I need?
Most business owners need General Liability Insurance at the very least. If you have any non-owner employees, you will need workers compensation insurance too.
What is a Certificate of Insurance?
A Certificate of Insurance is proof of coverage. It lists the type and amount of liability coverage you have and other policy information when a third party requests it.
Is business insurance tax deductible?
Yes. you can deduct the cost of commercial insurance premiums. The IRS considers insurance a cost of doing business as long it benefits the business & serves a business purpose.
Engineering Insurance California
Engineering Insurance California. If you own your own engineering business, then buying the right level of insurance for your business – including a BOP, or business owner’s policy – is a crucial part of doing business. This type of policy protects your small business in many of the same ways that your homeowner’s insurance protects your home. While the homeowner’s policy protects your home and the stuff inside it, the BOP policy protects your business, your equipment, inventory, and more.
A engineering insurance California business owner’s policy can provide you with protection if you find yourself on the receiving end of a lawsuit.
Engineering insurance California protects your firm from lawsuits with rates as low as $27/mo. Get a fast quote and your certificate of insurance now.
What Is An Engineering Insurance Business Owner’s Policy?
This engineering insurance California combines three basic coverage types into one policy, making it easy to choose the coverage level that your business needs and stay protected without a lot of research into specific policy types. The BOP policy can protect your professional engineering firm from the perils faced by all businesses and from perils unique to your trade. This policy offers your business:
- Business liability insurance. This insurance provides a buffer against specific lawsuits that allege your business is responsible for bodily injury or property damage due to the operation of the business. For example, if a customer becomes injured at your place of work or if an employee on the client’s jobsite becomes injured or damages the client’s property, this insurance kicks in to cover the damages. It may also cover you from libel and slander charges in some instances. However, it does not cover any liabilities that arise directly from the professional engineer services that you offer.
- Business property insurance. This type of insurance protects the business’ physical location and the items stored or maintained within. For instance, your equipment, tools, and furnishings are protected under business property insurance, regardless of whether you own them or lease your equipment.
- Business income insurance. Most engineering insurance California BOP policies come standard with a business income rider. This type of policy covers the loss of your business’ income when you are unable to serve the clientele you normally serve due to claims of covered damage to your property.
Other Engineering Insurance California Coverages
A BOP policy for engineers is essentially a coverage bundle that meets the needs of any small business. However, your business may have unique needs that go beyond the norm. There are many, many types of riders and add-on or addendum policies that you can purchase to make sure you are protected from a 360-degree angle. Some of the most popular include:
- Accounts receivable insurance coverage. As an engineer, there’s a good chance that you work on projects that span several months or even go on for years. This type of receivables accounting can constitute a large number of your firm’s assets. If those records are destroyed some way, whether by fire, water, or some other peril, you can be out a great deal of money to recoup them. This insurance provides a protective buffer against such an occurrence.
- Coverage for computers and media. You likely rely on your firm’s computer system and special software to stay in touch with your clientele, discuss specs, share goals, and exchange quality control information. If a virus makes its way into your media, causing a network crash and corruption of your data, then this type of coverage pays for the research required for replacing such data.
- Valuable papers coverage for engineering businesses. The types of records your business creates and subsequently stores are sensitive. Site tests, minutes of meetings, change orders, and so forth, are all valuable to the operation of your business. Should water, fire, or additional perils damage these records, then you can file a claim under this type of engineering insurance California policy rider to recoup the research costs to recover the lost information.
- Data breach coverage. Your business should also consider data breach coverage. The press has been very thorough in decrying the data breaches that businesses experience. Your business could suffer immensely if clients’ confidential information is compromised. This type of coverage helps not only to save your reputation and restore client confidence, but it also helps to pay any damage claim resulting from data breaches.
These are some basic coverage types. Your engineer business may need even more specialized coverage. There are specific types of insurance that may be necessary based on the size of your firm. For example, worker’s compensation insurance is sometimes required by the state when you have employees; this coverage protects your workers if they are injured or become ill due to a job-related cause. In addition, some businesses may need commercial auto insurance. If you use a vehicle in the course of running your engineering business, then a commercial auto policy can protect your assets if you are ever sued by someone who claims you injured them or caused damage to their property while operating a business vehicle.
Each business’ insurance needs are unique. Discuss your particular situation with an agent who is adept at finding the right cover and level of protection for you – whether that’s an engineering business owner’s policy or some other type of comprehensive coverage.
Request a Engineering Insurance California quote in Anaheim, Bakersfield, Chula Vista, Concord, Corona, Elk Grove, Escondido, Fontana, Fremont, Fresno, Fullerton, Garden Grove, Glendale, Hayward, Huntington Beach, Irvine, Lancaster, Long Beach, Los Angeles, Modesto, Moreno Valley, Oakland, Oceanside, Ontario, Orange, Oxnard, Palmdale, Pasadena, Pomona, Rancho Cucamonga, Riverside, Roseville, Sacramento, Salinas, San Bernardino, San Diego, San Francisco, San Jose, Santa Ana, Santa Clara, Santa Clarita, Santa Rosa, Simi Valley, Stockton, Sunnyvale, Thousand Oaks, Torrance, Vallejo, Victorville, Visalia and all other CA cities. Also see Engineering Insurance Pennsylvania, Engineering Insurance New York, Engineering Insurance New Jersey, Engineering Insurance Kentucky, Engineering Insurance Delaware