CGL Insurance California
Call to start your quote:
Frequently Asked Questions About
Commercial General Liability Insurance
How much does commercial insurance cost?
Costs can vary widely based on industry and are also determined by zip code and often payroll and/or gross sales. Request a free quote to get an exact number.
What kind of business insurance do I need?
Most business owners need General Liability Insurance at the very least. If you have any non-owner employees, you will need workers compensation insurance too.
What is a Certificate of Insurance?
A Certificate of Insurance is proof of coverage. It lists the type and amount of liability coverage you have and other policy information when a third party requests it.
Is business insurance tax deductible?
Yes. you can deduct the cost of commercial insurance premiums. The IRS considers insurance a cost of doing business as long it benefits the business & serves a business purpose.
CGL Insurance California
CGL Insurance California CGL (commercial general liability) insurance will protect your small business from financial losses. These can range from property damage, lawsuits, advertising injury, or any other liabilities your company might have which relates to personal loss for a client or employee.
Non-professional negligent acts are covered under your CGL policy, so as a business owner you should understand what it covers, and how a CGL insurance California policy can protect your business.
CGL insurance California protects your business from lawsuits with rates as low as $27/mo. Get a fast quote and your certificate of insurance now.
Do I Need CGL Insurance For My Business?
You can be responsible for a number of occurrences during the normal course of business, which could result in varying degrees of financial loss. This is where CGL insurance California can help. From medical bills, to malpractice claims, to personal injury claims, you could be liable for these, as well as punitive and compensatory damages if you are found liable. Some potential issues might stem from:
- Slip and fall cases or a custom tripping and falling on damaged flooring within your commercial space.
- An employee which leaves water running and causes damage to a client's home.
- Misleading advertising, or class action lawsuit against your business.
These are a few of the many instances you can be found liable as a CA business owner.
What CGL Covers
Basically your legal defense and coverage of damages which stem from injuries or loss, should be covered by your CGL insurance California policy. Not only will this protect you financially, but will also protect your company in the event of a lawsuit. A basic policy will cover:
1. Coverage A - Bodily Injury and Property Damage: The property damage or bodily injury which stems from non-professional negligent acts, are covered under this section of your CGL insurance California policy. Mental injuries or distress claims might also fall under this category, even when physical injuries aren't present. CA worker's comp and employment practice liability are excluded under this clause. You can however purchase additional coverage for these protections. Pollution liability is also excluded.
Any high risk business entity should consider purchasing this limited coverage to protect themselves financially. Liquor, professional, and other liability risks might also be excluded (check with your insurer). An broker can assist you in choosing coverage options.
2. Coverage B - Personal and Advertising Injury Protection: Insured businesses are protected from personal or advertising injuries caused by their business; somethings which are covered include:
- Libel and slander claims.
- False arrest.
- Copyright claims.
- Entry/evasion of property or wrongful eviction claims.
3. Coverage C - Medical Payments: Personal injuries sustained by non-employees are covered with this coverage option. If an accident occurs in the business place, your company is protected to your coverage's extent. Even in the event of settlements you are covered, so this can limit litigation and attorney fees for your business.
You are covered for all necessary medical, ambulance, or surgical/medical care necessary for the injured party. No defense or legal liability coverage is afforded under this section of the CGL insurance California policy(as is the case with coverage A and B).
Choosing & Purchasing Commercial General Liability Policy
CGL insurance California can be purchased on its own or with a BOP policy or CPP (commercial package policy) insurance. It is best to discuss your options with an insurance agent prior to deciding. And, in the event CGL, BOP, and CPP aren't sufficient, umbrella (excess liability) policies are also available for businesses to consider.
Additional Coverages To Consider
Depending on the line of business, risks, and other factors, you might require additional coverage:
1. Director/Officer Liability - Past, present, and future directors and officers are protected with this coverage option. Wrongful acts committed by these persons in a profit or not-for profit business are protected. Whether it is an actual or alleged error, your coverage shields your business from liability. Misstatements, omissions, errors, or breach of duty, are all covered under policy coverage.
2. Liquor Liability - Covers your business from loss or damages which are claimed in the event your patron/client is intoxicated, and either injure themselves or another person. If your company sells or furnishes liquor, this is a policy coverage option you should invest in. You can purchase as an add-on or stand alone policy, but if not added, your general liability protection won't cover these damages.
3. Pollution Liability - Industrial, agricultural, and commercial property owners, managers, or developers, are protected with this form of coverage. Gradual as well as accidental pollution claims are protected, and assets from unforeseen environmental exposure which could affect earnings, are also protected. Pollution hazards which can lead to bodily injury or harm, are also covered under this optional coverage prong, as are clean up costs.
CA CGL Insurance
There are additional types of insurance that may be a good fit for your business. Your agent can then help you find the right coverage to protect you against those specific risks.
Request a CGL Insurance California quote in Anaheim, Bakersfield, Chula Vista, Concord, Corona, Elk Grove, Escondido, Fontana, Fremont, Fresno, Fullerton, Garden Grove, Glendale, Hayward, Huntington Beach, Irvine, Lancaster, Long Beach, Los Angeles, Modesto, Moreno Valley, Oakland, Oceanside, Ontario, Orange, Oxnard, Palmdale, Pasadena, Pomona, Rancho Cucamonga, Riverside, Roseville, Sacramento, Salinas, San Bernardino, San Diego, San Francisco, San Jose, Santa Ana, Santa Clara, Santa Clarita, Santa Rosa, Simi Valley, Stockton, Sunnyvale, Thousand Oaks, Torrance, Vallejo, Victorville, Visalia and all other CA cities. Also see CGL Insurance Delaware, CGL Insurance New York, CGL Insurance New Jersey, CGL Insurance Kentucky, CGL Insurance Pennsylvania
Quotes from leading small business insurance carriers including: ACE, AmTrust, Builders & Tradesmen's, Chubb, CNA, Employers, Foremost, Guard, Hiscox, Liberty Mutual, Markel, Nationwide, Penn America, Philadelphia, Progressive, Scottsdale, The Hartford, Travelers, USLI, Western World, Zurich & others.