Attorney Lawyer Insurance Pennsylvania
Call to start your quote:
Frequently Asked Questions About
Commercial General Liability Insurance
How much does commercial insurance cost?
Costs can vary widely based on industry and are also determined by zip code and often payroll and/or gross sales. Request a free quote to get an exact number.
What kind of business insurance do I need?
Most business owners need General Liability Insurance at the very least. If you have any non-owner employees, you will need workers compensation insurance too.
What is a Certificate of Insurance?
A Certificate of Insurance is proof of coverage. It lists the type and amount of liability coverage you have and other policy information when a third party requests it.
Is business insurance tax deductible?
Yes. you can deduct the cost of commercial insurance premiums. The IRS considers insurance a cost of doing business as long it benefits the business & serves a business purpose.
Attorney Lawyer Insurance Pennsylvania
Attorney Lawyer Insurance Pennsylvania. As an attorney, you’re the last person who probably needs to be told to protect your legal practice with a business owner’s policy. This type of policy is essential to running a successful legal practice of any type. Even though you might be courtroom often, it doesn’t make you immune to the types of liability suits that can be brought against you as you conduct your business - such as having clients to your office etc.
An attorney lawyer insurance Pennsylvania policy can be a true godsend if you find yourself on the receiving end of a claim.
Attorney Lawyer insurance Pennsylvania protects your practice from lawsuits with rates as low as $27/mo. Get a fast quote and your certificate of insurance now.
What Is An Attorney Lawyer Insurance Business Owner’s Policy?
A standard business owner’s policy, often abbreviated to just BOP in the industry, serves the needs of most small legal practice owners. This attorney lawyer insurance Pennsylvania provides a trio of coverage types into one policy, making it easy to bundle your insurance needs for simplicity and total coverage. Small law firms can purchase BOP policies on their own or with other insurance products they need for a more comprehensive insurance solution.
Standard BOP policies include:
- Business liability coverage. This coverage protects your legal business from liability claims from the financial fallout of several types of lawsuits. For instance, if a client becomes injured on your property while visiting your office or if an employee visiting a client at home causes property damage there, this insurance pays for claims against you. However, it shouldn’t be seen as a professional liability policy, since it will not cover damage caused when you render professional service to a client.
- Business property coverage. The building that houses your law firm and the equipment, furniture, office supplies, and other items are protected from loss by business property coverage in most BOP policies. For instance, if your office furniture is damaged due to a storm, this policy kicks in. It pays for both leased and owned items.
- Business income insurance. With this type of policy, your business is protected from financial business income loss in the event that a covered peril causes you to be unable to keep your business open. For instance, if a tornado blows through, taking your roof with it, you may be able to recoup lost income while the business is closed for repair.
Who Needs An Attorney Lawyer Insurance Pennsylvania BOP Policy?
Although BOP purchase is not a requirement under any state or federal rules, there are a number of professionals and small business owners who stand to benefit from BOP policies. Essentially, you need a BOP policy if you:
- Face the potential of being sued in your line of work.
- Have assets that can be damaged or stolen, including customer data, digital information, furniture, and equipment.
- Do business in a physical location, including home offices and rented office space.
Other Insurance Types to Consider for Small Legal Practices
While a standard attorney lawyer insurance Pennsylvania BOP policy provides much of the coverage your business needs, there are other types of coverage for attorneys. Some of these include:
- Professional liability coverage. The advice you give is important to your clients, but if taking your advice leads to damage for a client, they may have grounds to sue you. With professional liability coverage in place, you can worry less about the financial aspects of paying claims.
- Accounts receivable coverage. You likely store important records and data for clients. If your ledgers are damaged, and you’re required to research to find the data again or hire someone else to do so, this coverage pays for it.
- Computer breach. The sensitive information you store on your computer is confidential, and clients expect you to protect it. If a data breach occurs, you can handle claims against you and pay out any monetary award granted as a result.
- Worker’s compensation coverage. If you have people working for you, then purchasing a worker’s compensation policy is essential. This attorney lawyer insurance Pennsylvania policy covers loss due to physical injury or sickness that is deemed job-related.
- Employee dishonesty coverage. Because the nature of your business puts clients’ confidential information in your hands for safe keeping, it is important to protect your clientele from dishonest employees who might gain access to the information, resulting in your clients’ loss.
- Commercial auto insurance. If you own a car, truck, SUV or other vehicle used in your line of work, this vehicle must have commercial auto insurance. For instance, if you drive to a home or hospital to visit an accident victim, the car you drive should have commercial auto insurance coverage, since it is used for work-related travel.
Find out more about attorney lawyer insurance Pennsylvania BOP policies by speaking with a licensed PA agent now. A professional agent can help you select the right policy for your needs and custom tailor any add-on riders that you may need to protect your business from loss at all angles.
Request a Attorney Lawyer Insurance Pennsylvania quote in Allentown, Allison Park, Altoona, Baldwin, Bensalem, Bethel Park, Bethlehem, Bloomsburg, Carlisle, Chambersburg, Chester, Drexel Hill, Easton, Erie, Fullerton, Greensburg, Hanover, Harrisburg, Hazleton, Hermitage, Hershey, Horsham, Indiana, Johnstown, King of Prussia, Lancaster, Lansdale, Lebanon, Levittown, McKeesport, Monroeville, Murrysville, New Castle, Norristown, Philadelphia, Phoenixville, Pittsburgh, Pottstown, Pottsville, Reading, Scranton, State College, Upper Darby, West Chester, West Mifflin, Wilkes-Barre, Wilkinsburg, Williamsport, Willow Grove, York and all other PA cities. Also see Acupuncture Insurance California, Acupuncture Insurance New York, Acupuncture Insurance New Jersey, Acupuncture Insurance Delaware, Acupuncture Insurance Kentucky